PDA

View Full Version : Complete Placenta Previa & Cyst @ 31.4 wks gestation

Alana
May 24th 06, 11:28 PM
Hi there! I'm a 25 year old mother of a 2 1/2 year old & this is my
second pregnancy- just curious if other mothers have been though
complete placenta previa with multiple bleeds. I am now 31 weeks &
4/7ths with our daughter and this pregnancy has been a barrel of
monkeys- not the cute, cuddly ones but the big, ugly, hairy mean ones!

To start, I had a severe case of hyperemesis gravidarum (non-stop
vomiting & dia) that kept me in & out of the hospital on IVs &
potassium up until 20 weeks to which I lost 10+ lbs. I've also been
diagnosed with a 5 cm solid cyst that needs to be checked out according
to my perinatal doctors. It looks too round to be cancer, but they
want to be sure. I was almost diagnosed for gestational diabetes, but
haha! I passed my 3 hour testing. Whew!

Finally, the complete placenta previa that just won't go away...
diagnosed at 16 weeks, we figured it'd move- 90% chance is good! Well,
it's still not budging & it's now 31.4 weeks & I've now bled 4 times
(started at 20 weeks). I actually stopped my last bleed yesterday (31
weeks). Bummer. I got out of the hospital barely- the perinatal dr's
wanted to keep me in, but my Dr. said I could leave as I live within 5
min of the hospital & it makes life for my 2 1/2 year old son much
easier. Thank you, Dr.! I'm trying my hardest to make life as easy
for my incredible son as possible through this, as well as my wonderful
husband, while still being safe for me & my unborn daughter.

So now I try not to worry, but have to stay on bedrest and check for
blood every time I use the restroom. This is fun times! :) But I am
so grateful for each extra day we get & I'm praying we make it to at
least 34 weeks (June 10th)... 36 ideally (June 24th)... I just want to
know the stats on premature birth of 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 weeks... She's
measuring big (71 percentile on u/s) and a week farther in growth, so
that's positive!!! Of course, her daddy is a white man that CAN jump
at 6'5 1/2". :) I guess last question other than stats is does it
REALLY matter that I've had multiple bleeds that will make me have the
baby early? Found a few med articles stating that.

Thanks so much!
Alana
DD 7/22/06 for Isabelle