PDA

View Full Version : welcome Amber Leanne

RobR
May 25th 06, 03:13 PM
Amber Leanne born 5/23/06 @ 2:30am. 7lb 3.oz, 19.5"

Things didn't go quite the same way as with our 16 month old. For that
the wife's water broke, we went to the hospital, she was in labor for 40
hours and had an epidural and all was funky.

This time, her water never broke, we got to the hospital, she asks the
nurse about an epidural, she's like 'well, lets wait for the doctor to take
a look at you', lets put you on an IV first, you need to have a full bag
of fluid in before we can do an epidural.. Wife keeps asking for doctor.
Takes the doctor 20 minutes to finally arrive, he says there's plenty of
time for an epidural, my wife completely disagrees and is in even worse
pain. Contractions are about 4 minutes apart. Doctor leaves, nurse says
now they need to get the lab up to take blood before the epidural and
"that could be a problem". Now wife is about 2 minutes apart, is
feeling the urge to push and I've never seen her in this kind of pain.
She's yelling to get a doctor in here, nurse is telling her just to push
and ignoring her request for a doctor. 5 minutes later, doctor shows
up, takes a look, says it's way too late for an epidural and to start
pushing. It was very scary for me to see my wife in this much pain,
shes crying, trying not to vomit, begging and screaming at the top
of her lungs. The lab shows up to take her blood for the epidural
as baby's head is halfway out. Great. I was trying to video the
birth of our daughter, but I had to put the camera down to help
and frankly I don't think anyone will ever want to or be able to
watch this video :(. We were at the hospital for probably no more than 90
minutes before we had a baby.

Baby and mom are doing great now though.

Jamie Clark
May 25th 06, 05:57 PM
RobR wrote:
> Amber Leanne born 5/23/06 @ 2:30am. 7lb 3.oz, 19.5"
>
> Things didn't go quite the same way as with our 16 month old. For
> that the wife's water broke, we went to the hospital, she was in
> labor for 40 hours and had an epidural and all was funky.
>
> This time, her water never broke, we got to the hospital, she asks the
> nurse about an epidural, she's like 'well, lets wait for the doctor
> to take a look at you', lets put you on an IV first, you need to have
> a full bag of fluid in before we can do an epidural.. Wife keeps
> asking for doctor. Takes the doctor 20 minutes to finally arrive, he
> says there's plenty of time for an epidural, my wife completely
> disagrees and is in even worse pain. Contractions are about 4
> minutes apart. Doctor leaves, nurse says now they need to get the
> lab up to take blood before the epidural and "that could be a
> problem". Now wife is about 2 minutes apart, is feeling the urge to push
> and I've never seen her in this kind of pain.
> She's yelling to get a doctor in here, nurse is telling her just to
> push and ignoring her request for a doctor. 5 minutes later, doctor
> shows up, takes a look, says it's way too late for an epidural and to
> start
> pushing. It was very scary for me to see my wife in this much pain,
> shes crying, trying not to vomit, begging and screaming at the top
> of her lungs. The lab shows up to take her blood for the epidural
> as baby's head is halfway out. Great. I was trying to video the
> birth of our daughter, but I had to put the camera down to help
> and frankly I don't think anyone will ever want to or be able to
> watch this video :(. We were at the hospital for probably no more
> than 90 minutes before we had a baby.
>
> Baby and mom are doing great now though.

Congrats on the safe (and exciting!) birth of your daughter!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

lucy-h
May 25th 06, 06:25 PM
"RobR" > wrote in message
> Amber Leanne born 5/23/06 @ 2:30am. 7lb 3.oz, 19.5"

<snipped>

> Baby and mom are doing great now though.

Sorry you didn't get the birth you had hoped for, but am pleased Mom and
Baby Amber are doing well now :)

Congratulations, and welcome to Amber Leanne!

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

sharalyns
May 26th 06, 12:46 AM
Congratulations and welcome to Baby Amber!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)