PDA

View Full Version : Lullabies

Hylander
May 30th 06, 01:37 AM
We're having a baby soon and we got a book on Lullabies. I recognize
about half the songs and my wife recognizes none of them.

Anyhow, there is a song which I don't know the title to that came with
"actions". (it might be for toddlers more). The lyrics go:

Way up in the sky, where the little birds fly; (pretend to fly)
Way down in their nest is where the little birds rest; (pretend to
sleep)
When the round sun comes up (tip toe with arms making a circle)
And the dew floats away (make waves with hands)
Good morning merry sunshine! (?)
It's a beautiful day. (?)

I don't really know if I got the lyrics 100%. It's not my #1 favorite
per se but it's bugging me that I don't know the name of it or able to
find lyrics on google like I usually can with "lyrics <some words>"

Hylander
May 30th 06, 01:44 AM
Hylander wrote:
> We're having a baby soon and we got a book on Lullabies. I recognize
> about half the songs and my wife recognizes none of them.
>
> Anyhow, there is a song which I don't know the title to that came with
> "actions". (it might be for toddlers more). The lyrics go:
>
> Way up in the sky, where the little birds fly; (pretend to fly)
> Way down in their nest is where the little birds rest; (pretend to
> sleep)
> When the round sun comes up (tip toe with arms making a circle)
> And the dew floats away (make waves with hands)
> Good morning merry sunshine! (?)
> It's a beautiful day. (?)
>
> I don't really know if I got the lyrics 100%. It's not my #1 favorite
> per se but it's bugging me that I don't know the name of it or able to
> find lyrics on google like I usually can with "lyrics <some words>"

What are some other good NGs for parenting? (I'll be looking around
myself of course by wanted the input of others). This is my first
visited.

Hylander

Hylander
May 30th 06, 04:29 AM
Hylander wrote:
> We're having a baby soon and we got a book on Lullabies. I recognize
> about half the songs and my wife recognizes none of them.
>
> Anyhow, there is a song which I don't know the title to that came with
> "actions". (it might be for toddlers more). The lyrics go:
>
> Way up in the sky, where the little birds fly; (pretend to fly)
> Way down in their nest is where the little birds rest; (pretend to
> sleep)
> When the round sun comes up (tip toe with arms making a circle)
> And the dew floats away (make waves with hands)
> Good morning merry sunshine! (?)
> It's a beautiful day. (?)
>
> I don't really know if I got the lyrics 100%. It's not my #1 favorite
> per se but it's bugging me that I don't know the name of it or able to
> find lyrics on google like I usually can with "lyrics <some words>"

3/4 time. treble: non fractions assume 1/X
G(4) G(4) E(4) Way up in
A(4) G(2) the sky.
C(4) D(8) E(8) C(4) Where the little
F(4) E(2) birds fly.

C(4) lowA(4) lowB(4) Way down in
C(4) lowG(4) C(4) their nest, Where
E(4) D(3/8) C(1/8) the little
D(4) E(2) birds rest.

G(3/16) G(1/16) G(4) E(4) When the round sun
A(4) G(2) Comes up.
C(4) D(8) E(8) C(4) And the dew floats
F(4) E(2) A-way

rest(3/4) Good morning
rest(3/4) Merry sunshine.
E(3/16) E(1/16) D(3/8) C(1/8) Its a beau-ti-
D(4) C(2) -ful day.