PDA

View Full Version : Babywearing Conference....

May 30th 06, 11:08 AM
I'm coordinating a conference in Portland, OR, August 3-6, 2006
entirely devoted to babywearing and slings. We've got 4 days worth of
classes ranging from sewing workshops to how-to for newbies and
business seminars for manufacturers. It's a great opportunity to learn
and meet lots of parents who babywear, and to try out lots of different
types of carriers.

This is a volunteer-run effort, profits after the bills are paid will
go to babywearing nonprofits.

June 1 is the deadline for discounted registration... We're doing the
conference at Reed College, so room and board are *very* reasonable.
There's childcare available. Saturday, the exhibit hall will be open
free to the public, and people will be able to register just for that
day if they want to do the beginners' workshops.

It should be a lot of fun!

Jenrose

lucy-h
May 30th 06, 10:46 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm coordinating a conference in Portland, OR, August 3-6, 2006
> entirely devoted to babywearing and slings. We've got 4 days worth of
> classes ranging from sewing workshops to how-to for newbies and
> business seminars for manufacturers. It's a great opportunity to learn
> and meet lots of parents who babywear, and to try out lots of different
> types of carriers.
>
> This is a volunteer-run effort, profits after the bills are paid will
> go to babywearing nonprofits.
>
> June 1 is the deadline for discounted registration... We're doing the
> conference at Reed College, so room and board are *very* reasonable.
> There's childcare available. Saturday, the exhibit hall will be open
> free to the public, and people will be able to register just for that
> day if they want to do the beginners' workshops.
>
> It should be a lot of fun!
>
> Jenrose

It's a bit far from me in the UK, but just wanted to say good luck - it
sounds like a great idea!

Have fun!

Lucy
--