PDA

View Full Version : Wish us luck

april & joanna
May 31st 06, 03:07 PM
Well tommorow we are back in court and I am kinda glad because they were
supposed to have sorted and started the Barnados assessment like three weeks
ago and there is still no news of when it is going to start. I ask you all
to wish us luck tommorow and for something to happen to speed Joanna coming
home although I really think social services might be the ones needing the
luck or somewhere to hide. I think tommorow could be interesting because not
only have they not met guidelines laid down by the court but the social
worker isnt even going to be there because she is off work due to moving
home and the guardian isnt going to be there because she is off work for a
week due to annual leave or whatever. Hmm great so the judge is left then
with myself, my husband and our solicitor and the social services solicitor
without her parties being present. Hmm tea and coffee then with the
magistrate perhaps, should I take stawberries and cream as well?????

April a very gobsmaked Mummy because if it was us not turning up then
someone would shout quick enough.

Welches
May 31st 06, 05:49 PM
"april & joanna" > wrote in message
> Well tommorow we are back in court and I am kinda glad because they were
> supposed to have sorted and started the Barnados assessment like three
> weeks ago and there is still no news of when it is going to start. I ask
> you all to wish us luck tommorow and for something to happen to speed
> Joanna coming home although I really think social services might be the
> ones needing the luck or somewhere to hide. I think tommorow could be
> interesting because not only have they not met guidelines laid down by the
> court but the social worker isnt even going to be there because she is off
> work due to moving home and the guardian isnt going to be there because
> she is off work for a week due to annual leave or whatever. Hmm great so
> the judge is left then with myself, my husband and our solicitor and the
> social services solicitor without her parties being present. Hmm tea and
> coffee then with the magistrate perhaps, should I take stawberries and
> cream as well?????
>
> April a very gobsmaked Mummy because if it was us not turning up then
> someone would shout quick enough.

Maybe a bottle of wine for the magistrate? ;-P
Luck and prayers.
Debbie

lucy-h
May 31st 06, 06:41 PM
"april & joanna" > wrote in message
> Well tommorow we are back in court and I am kinda glad because they were
> supposed to have sorted and started the Barnados assessment like three
weeks
> ago and there is still no news of when it is going to start. I ask you all
> to wish us luck tommorow and for something to happen to speed Joanna
coming
> home although I really think social services might be the ones needing the
> luck or somewhere to hide. I think tommorow could be interesting because
not
> only have they not met guidelines laid down by the court but the social
> worker isnt even going to be there because she is off work due to moving
> home and the guardian isnt going to be there because she is off work for a
> week due to annual leave or whatever. Hmm great so the judge is left then
> with myself, my husband and our solicitor and the social services
solicitor
> without her parties being present. Hmm tea and coffee then with the
> magistrate perhaps, should I take stawberries and cream as well?????
>
> April a very gobsmaked Mummy because if it was us not turning up then
> someone would shout quick enough.

Thoughts and positive vibes going out to you all for tomorrow. Social
Services take so long, and so much kicking, and it's so unfair you're having
to go through all that. All a judge should have to see is that beautiful
smiley picture to know where she belongs. Seems daft though that the
guardian and social worker won't be there!! Oh well, I would save the
strawberries until you get home - they are far too yummy to share with a
judge :)

*hugs* to you, DH and that gorgeous babbie!

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Kath
May 31st 06, 09:35 PM
I don't know....those strawberries and cream got my mouth watering :)
Maybe strawberry wine?

Good luck April!

Kath

Anne Rogers
May 31st 06, 11:25 PM
ridiculous isn't it

who do you mean by the guardian? I initially thought that meant the person
who is caring for Joanna, but then how can she take annual leave...

good luck

Anne

Jamie Clark
May 31st 06, 11:38 PM
Anne Rogers wrote:
> ridiculous isn't it
>
> who do you mean by the guardian? I initially thought that meant the
> person who is caring for Joanna, but then how can she take annual
> leave...
> good luck
>
> Anne

I think she means a Guardian Ad Litum, which is an unbiased 3rd party whose
job is to look out for the best interests of the baby, or something a long
those lines. How it's different than social workers, I'm not sure.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Stormlady
June 2nd 06, 03:31 AM
Hi April,

I hope everything works out well for tomorrow (well I guess today now) I
have missed a fair bit of what progress has been made recently since my
newsserver stopped carrying MKP, but now that they are carrying it again,
I'm back to reading posts. I was wondering how you were doing. Best wishes
that you have Joanna home 100% soon