PDA

View Full Version : oops scared the doctor

april & joanna
May 31st 06, 04:39 PM
Well I just went to see the doctor about my bleeding since April and it
being 6 weeks, she did some swab tests and told me I need to have a scan to
see if I had anything left back after birth. I then came over VERY dizzy and
she told me to lay on the bed, I came very close to actually passing out and
whilst in this state she did BP tests, pulse tests and checked my heart
rate, all were going absolutly crazy so she called the 2nd doctor in and
also my husband. Everything settled down after a while and after I had
caused MAJOR delay in the waiting time scale oops!!!! They muttered
something about a blood transfusion but I dont think and I hope thats not
happening. I am still feeling very weak and now very cold and am now going
to rest on the sofa to try and get strength for tommorow. Well thats my
excitement for the day but oh the picture on the poor doctors face was
definitely something.

April who vows to be good now!!!!!

Welches
May 31st 06, 05:48 PM
"april & joanna" > wrote in message
> Well I just went to see the doctor about my bleeding since April and it
> being 6 weeks, she did some swab tests and told me I need to have a scan
> to see if I had anything left back after birth. I then came over VERY
> dizzy and she told me to lay on the bed, I came very close to actually
> passing out and whilst in this state she did BP tests, pulse tests and
> checked my heart rate, all were going absolutly crazy so she called the
> 2nd doctor in and also my husband. Everything settled down after a while
> and after I had caused MAJOR delay in the waiting time scale oops!!!! They
> muttered something about a blood transfusion but I dont think and I hope
> thats not happening. I am still feeling very weak and now very cold and am
> now going to rest on the sofa to try and get strength for tommorow. Well
> thats my excitement for the day but oh the picture on the poor doctors
> face was definitely something.
>
> April who vows to be good now!!!!!
Good practice for the doctor eh? Have a good rest tonight.
Debbie

lucy-h
May 31st 06, 06:44 PM
"april & joanna" > wrote in message
> Well I just went to see the doctor about my bleeding since April and it
> being 6 weeks, she did some swab tests and told me I need to have a scan
> see if I had anything left back after birth. I then came over VERY dizzy
and
> she told me to lay on the bed, I came very close to actually passing out
and
> whilst in this state she did BP tests, pulse tests and checked my heart
> rate, all were going absolutly crazy so she called the 2nd doctor in and
> also my husband. Everything settled down after a while and after I had
> caused MAJOR delay in the waiting time scale oops!!!! They muttered
> something about a blood transfusion but I dont think and I hope thats not
> happening. I am still feeling very weak and now very cold and am now going
> to rest on the sofa to try and get strength for tommorow. Well thats my
> excitement for the day but oh the picture on the poor doctors face was
> definitely something.
>
> April who vows to be good now!!!!!

Don't worry about scaring them - it will give them something to chat about
over their tea-break :)

Seriously though, I hope you're feeling a bit better now...

Take care of yourself x

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

april & joanna
May 31st 06, 07:08 PM
Thanks Welchies and Lucy the only bit I can not get my head around is the
blood transfussion I mean why would they do that?????? Still can't get over
the poor docs face....bless!!!!!!

April

"lucy-h" > wrote in message

> "april & joanna" > wrote in message
>> Well I just went to see the doctor about my bleeding since April and it
>> being 6 weeks, she did some swab tests and told me I need to have a scan
>> see if I had anything left back after birth. I then came over VERY dizzy
> and
>> she told me to lay on the bed, I came very close to actually passing out
> and
>> whilst in this state she did BP tests, pulse tests and checked my heart
>> rate, all were going absolutly crazy so she called the 2nd doctor in and
>> also my husband. Everything settled down after a while and after I had
>> caused MAJOR delay in the waiting time scale oops!!!! They muttered
>> something about a blood transfusion but I dont think and I hope thats not
>> happening. I am still feeling very weak and now very cold and am now
>> going
>> to rest on the sofa to try and get strength for tommorow. Well thats my
>> excitement for the day but oh the picture on the poor doctors face was
>> definitely something.
>>
>> April who vows to be good now!!!!!
>
> Don't worry about scaring them - it will give them something to chat about
> over their tea-break :)
>
> Seriously though, I hope you're feeling a bit better now...
>
> Take care of yourself x
>
> Lucy
> --
>
> Due with a little girl 15.06.06
> http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Kath
May 31st 06, 09:32 PM
Dear April

Try not to worry. If they really thought you needed one they would
have sent you to the hospital. They might have been trying to scare
you. Some "goofs" think that this encourages people to take care of
themselves. I happen to think that support and counsel work much
better.

I hope you feel better soon, drink plenty of water and eat well today.

Best
Kath

Nina Pretty Ballerina
June 2nd 06, 01:50 PM
"april & joanna" > wrote in message
> Well I just went to see the doctor about my bleeding since April and it
> being 6 weeks, she did some swab tests and told me I need to have a scan
> to see if I had anything left back after birth. I then came over VERY
> dizzy and she told me to lay on the bed, I came very close to actually
> passing out and whilst in this state she did BP tests, pulse tests and
> checked my heart rate, all were going absolutly crazy so she called the
> 2nd doctor in and also my husband. Everything settled down after a while
> and after I had caused MAJOR delay in the waiting time scale oops!!!! They
> muttered something about a blood transfusion but I dont think and I hope
> thats not happening. I am still feeling very weak and now very cold and am
> now going to rest on the sofa to try and get strength for tommorow. Well
> thats my excitement for the day but oh the picture on the poor doctors
> face was definitely something.
>
> April who vows to be good now!!!!!

what is it that you are doing that is not good, that is causing this
bleeding? surely bleeding is not controllable??

chris

Ericka Kammerer
June 2nd 06, 02:09 PM
Nina Pretty Ballerina wrote:
> "april & joanna" > wrote in message
>> Well I just went to see the doctor about my bleeding since April and it
>> being 6 weeks, she did some swab tests and told me I need to have a scan
>> to see if I had anything left back after birth. I then came over VERY
>> dizzy and she told me to lay on the bed, I came very close to actually
>> passing out and whilst in this state she did BP tests, pulse tests and
>> checked my heart rate, all were going absolutly crazy so she called the
>> 2nd doctor in and also my husband. Everything settled down after a while
>> and after I had caused MAJOR delay in the waiting time scale oops!!!! They
>> muttered something about a blood transfusion but I dont think and I hope
>> thats not happening. I am still feeling very weak and now very cold and am
>> now going to rest on the sofa to try and get strength for tommorow. Well
>> thats my excitement for the day but oh the picture on the poor doctors
>> face was definitely something.
>>
>> April who vows to be good now!!!!!
>
> what is it that you are doing that is not good, that is causing this
> bleeding? surely bleeding is not controllable??

Too much activity postpartum can cause it.
If there is no other problem going on, then she may
need to take it easier until everything is properly
healed and she's built her reserves back up.

Best wishes,
Ericka