PDA

View Full Version : Nothing's happening

Zaz
June 2nd 06, 01:26 PM
Had my 40 weeks appointment yesterday. Officially, after verifying
everything, my "real" due date (oh no, another one) is June 3rd, i.e.
tomorrow. So we'll go with that.

I asked for an internal, as with all those strange things happening to my
body I wanted to know if anything was progressing. NOT! Well, the baby's
head/position is perfect and he doesn't seem to want to budge from his
current layout, but aside from that, nothing. Everything is shut tight in
there, even still laying out back.

So I'm now on primrose oil, as I was the last time. Only for my peace of
mind, as it did nothing for the first baby. The midwife suggested homeopatic
treatments, but I am not spending a penny on that.

The contractions have receded since yesterday. Strangely, last night for the
first one in at least a week I slept very soundly. Baby wasn't moving much,
and I only went to the bathroom twice. Wow. I feel energized this morning
like I haven't in ages!

So. False alarm for Mom, who is still convinced I'll give birth today. Well.
Let's hope.

DH is getting very discouraging, saying, whenever I talk about the birth
"Stop, you won't give birth before one or two weeks." I realise I must be
realistic and that it is a possibility; however, is there any room for a
tiny bit of hope? Gee.

Anyway, I made it clear to my midwife that I refuse to go through the same
things I did with Mlle C, and that if on the 10th I am still feeling the way
I am and have not given birth, I will ask for an induction. I have a NST
scheduled for the 8th. Hopefully, I will not have to go through any of that.

Wish me luck,

--
Isabelle
Mlle C 2004-11-27

lucy-h
June 2nd 06, 09:31 PM
"Zaz" > wrote in message
> Had my 40 weeks appointment yesterday. Officially, after verifying
> everything, my "real" due date (oh no, another one) is June 3rd, i.e.
> tomorrow. So we'll go with that.
>
> I asked for an internal, as with all those strange things happening to my
> body I wanted to know if anything was progressing. NOT! Well, the baby's
> head/position is perfect and he doesn't seem to want to budge from his
> current layout, but aside from that, nothing. Everything is shut tight in
> there, even still laying out back.
>
> So I'm now on primrose oil, as I was the last time. Only for my peace of
> mind, as it did nothing for the first baby. The midwife suggested
homeopatic
> treatments, but I am not spending a penny on that.
>
> The contractions have receded since yesterday. Strangely, last night for
the
> first one in at least a week I slept very soundly. Baby wasn't moving
much,
> and I only went to the bathroom twice. Wow. I feel energized this morning
> like I haven't in ages!
>
> So. False alarm for Mom, who is still convinced I'll give birth today.
Well.
> Let's hope.
>
> DH is getting very discouraging, saying, whenever I talk about the birth
> "Stop, you won't give birth before one or two weeks." I realise I must be
> realistic and that it is a possibility; however, is there any room for a
> tiny bit of hope? Gee.
>
> Anyway, I made it clear to my midwife that I refuse to go through the same
> things I did with Mlle C, and that if on the 10th I am still feeling the
way
> I am and have not given birth, I will ask for an induction. I have a NST
> scheduled for the 8th. Hopefully, I will not have to go through any of
that.

> Wish me luck,
>
> --
> Isabelle
> Mlle C 2004-11-27
> Guillaume EDD 2006-06-3

Oh Isabelle! Sorry you've not progressed far. I hope Guillaume decides to
arrive soon! Bash DH if he keeps reminding you it could be a while yet! ;)
Either way, whether Guillaume likes it or not, his big day is nearly here,
and he'll *have* to come out soon!

I'm looking forward to seeing your birth story very soon :)

Lucy x
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Anne Rogers
June 2nd 06, 11:13 PM

> So. False alarm for Mom, who is still convinced I'll give birth today.
> Well. Let's hope.

well I was closed up tight at noon and had a baby at 6.08pm, so it's not
impossible, different people's cervixes behave in very different ways some a
tightly closed until it's time to go, others are more gradual.

Anne