PDA

View Full Version : PMS Cramps...

Sheryl
June 4th 06, 10:02 PM
Hi all,
I am new here, I just stumbled upon your group yesterday. I am a first
timer, pregnant at 37 weeks yesterday. Due date is June 24th with a baby
girl. I do have a question that I hope you may be able to advise me on.
For the past 2 -3 days I have been having PMS like cramping, and aching hips
(also used to get that PMS before getting pregnant)
My question regarding this is do you think that this is a lead up to the
early onset of labour and contractions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Sheryl

Ericka Kammerer
June 4th 06, 10:33 PM
Sheryl wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new here, I just stumbled upon your group yesterday. I am a first
> timer, pregnant at 37 weeks yesterday. Due date is June 24th with a baby
> girl. I do have a question that I hope you may be able to advise me on.
> For the past 2 -3 days I have been having PMS like cramping, and aching hips
> (also used to get that PMS before getting pregnant)
> My question regarding this is do you think that this is a lead up to the
> early onset of labour and contractions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Could be, but it's anyone's guess how soon it
would be before you go into labor. It could be a couple
of days, or it could be a month. That's the tricky bit
with trying to read the tea leaves. Some women have
absolutely no signs of impending labor--no cramping, no
lost plug, no dilation, no effacement, no nothing and
go into full blown labor that day. Other women can
be cramping, having contractions, losing their plug,
dilating, and effacing and not go into active labor
for weeks on end. So, none of that stuff is particularly
useful in guessing when labor will start. Frankly,
you're best off figuring you've got 4-5 weeks to wait
and being pleasantly surprised it you go earlier.
(The median length of gestation for first timers
is 41 weeks, 1 day, so you've got four weeks before
you've even got a 50/50 shot of going into labor.)

Best wishes,
Ericka

June 5th 06, 05:51 AM
Sheryl wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new here, I just stumbled upon your group yesterday. I am a first
> timer, pregnant at 37 weeks yesterday. Due date is June 24th with a baby
> girl. I do have a question that I hope you may be able to advise me on.
> For the past 2 -3 days I have been having PMS like cramping, and aching hips
> (also used to get that PMS before getting pregnant)
> My question regarding this is do you think that this is a lead up to the
> early onset of labour and contractions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Sheryl

Sheryl -

Having given birth to two wonderful girls in the last four years, each
pregnancy was completely different. With my oldest, I had the symptoms
you're explaining for at least a month leading up to her arrival. I
used to describe it as an "awareness" of something happening down
there! Hunter arrived right on time, on her due date, despite anything
else! I was even 3 cm dilated for the last month and a half of my
pregnancy with her! If it's any help, you'll definately know when
you're in labor. That feeling is not comparable to anything else
you've ever experienced. Not trying to scare you, 'cause it really is
an incredibly wonderful experience, but you will really know when it's
arrived. Good Luck and enjoy the last couple weeks!

Paula.

Welches
June 5th 06, 01:05 PM
"Sheryl" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am new here, I just stumbled upon your group yesterday. I am a first
> timer, pregnant at 37 weeks yesterday. Due date is June 24th with a baby
> girl. I do have a question that I hope you may be able to advise me on.
> For the past 2 -3 days I have been having PMS like cramping, and aching
> hips (also used to get that PMS before getting pregnant)
> My question regarding this is do you think that this is a lead up to the
> early onset of labour and contractions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Sheryl

My labour with #1 started with pms like cramps. What gave it away that these
were early contractions is that they were very regular. They were 4.5-5
minutes apart and about 30s long.
It might mean something is happening-I went into full labour about 15 mours
later, adn had #1 30 hours later. However you could be at that stage for the
next (oh dear!) 5 weeks!
Debbie

Sheryl
June 5th 06, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the advice/input, I just wasn't sure if it was something I should
be worried about or if this is normal.

. ..