PDA

View Full Version : misc.kids old timers (crossposted)

UpMama
June 9th 06, 05:34 AM
I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?

Corrine
www.UpMama.com

Annie
June 9th 06, 06:42 AM
Hi. I also have lurked and posted here since 1999. Wasn't it called
"onelist" or something similar. Before they all got moved to yahoo?

Annie

--
Design Team ~ www.scrappit.com.au
Design Team ~ www.charmingaccents.com.au
"UpMama" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
> frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
> there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
> 2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
> of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
> for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?
>
> Corrine
> www.UpMama.com

Happy Hunter
June 9th 06, 11:03 AM
"UpMama" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
> frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
> there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
> 2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
> of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
> for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?
>
> Corrine
> www.UpMama.com

I take it you are talking about yahoo specific groups rather than usenet
groups (misc.kids etc)

from
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/internet-sites/yahoo-groups-formerly-egroups-com/382214/
onelist bought over by e-groups, bought over by yahoo.

According to the article below, Yahoo preserved the old messages it took
over from e-groups (which maintained the ones it took over from onelist), so
the messages should be there in the yahoo groups. (never used it myself, I
use Google to search usenet archives for misc.kids.breastfeeding).

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/NAFEX/message-archives/old/msg06468.html

Banty
June 9th 06, 12:23 PM
In article m>, UpMama says...

>I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
>frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
>there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
>2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
>of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
>for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?
>
>Corrine
>www.UpMama.com

How clever. Why don't you just post your website ad and be done with it?

Oh yeah, misc.kids is not for commercial advertisements...

Banty

--

PattyMomVA
June 9th 06, 01:00 PM
"Banty" wrote:
> In article m>, UpMama
> says...
>>
>>I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
>>frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
>>there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
>>2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
>>of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
>>for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?
>>
>>Corrine
>>www.UpMama.com
>>

> How clever. Why don't you just post your website ad and be done with it?
>
> Oh yeah, misc.kids is not for commercial advertisements...
>
> Banty

That was uncalled for. I remember Corrine as a regular participant. (Hi
Corrine!) What's wrong with her question?

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Banty
June 9th 06, 01:14 PM
In article >, PattyMomVA says...

>"Banty" wrote:
>> In article m>, UpMama
>> says...
>>>
>>>I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
>>>frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
>>>there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
>>>2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
>>>of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
>>>for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?
>>>
>>>Corrine
>>>www.UpMama.com
>>>

>> How clever. Why don't you just post your website ad and be done with it?
>>
>> Oh yeah, misc.kids is not for commercial advertisements...
>>
>> Banty
>
>That was uncalled for. I remember Corrine as a regular participant. (Hi
>Corrine!) What's wrong with her question?
>
>-Patty, mom of 1+2

It's a new addy, there is more than one Corrine in the world, she seems confused
regarding Usenet and Yahoo groups, and the post alluded to the product line
(indirectly', but aren't they all like that!). If it's that 'our' Corrine, I
apologize. But old friends don't normally re-introduce themsevles in terms of
what they're selling.

Banty

--

UpMama
June 9th 06, 02:57 PM

Listen, I wasn't spamming. I posted my web address because it gives my
question context. I'm selling strictly locally, I don't even have a
shopping cart on my website. Maybe i was bragging a bit in a "hey look
what i've been doing" kind of way. I posted under corrine dot doula at
sympatico.ca if you want to check me out. I was the postpartum
depression information lady (one of them). Sorry if i seemed "confused"
but if you do remember, there was alot of changes in a short period of
time with these groups/lists and that is why I am asking.

Anyway, thanks Annie and Happy Hunter for the info. I did forget it
was called onelist. So it was egroups, then onelist then yahoo?

Patty, thank you for defending me :*

Corrine
Who designed a really cool baby carrier and is very thankfull to Usenet
and all the old groups and list for helping me develop my own AP style
which included babywearing.

Banty wrote:
> In article >, PattyMomVA says...
> >
> >"Banty" wrote:
> >> In article m>, UpMama
> >> says...

> >> How clever. Why don't you just post your website ad and be done with it?
> >>
> >> Oh yeah, misc.kids is not for commercial advertisements...
> >>
> >> Banty
> >
> >That was uncalled for. I remember Corrine as a regular participant. (Hi
> >Corrine!) What's wrong with her question?
> >
> >-Patty, mom of 1+2
> >

> It's a new addy, there is more than one Corrine in the world, she seems confused
> regarding Usenet and Yahoo groups, and the post alluded to the product line
> (indirectly', but aren't they all like that!). If it's that 'our' Corrine, I
> apologize. But old friends don't normally re-introduce themsevles in terms of
> what they're selling.
>
> Banty
>

> --

Irene
June 9th 06, 04:18 PM
UpMama wrote:
> I lurked here and posted occasionally beginning in 1999 and also
> frequented some other AP email lists. I am trying to figure out if
> there are archives for some of the AP lists from that time (1998 -
> 2003). More specifically, I would love to know about the development
> of the babywearing and sling sewing groups. I was there, I just can't
> for the life of me recall what came before the yahoo groups. Anyone?
>
> Corrine
> www.UpMama.com

I didn't start posting here until around 2001, and was never on the
yahoo babywearing or sling-sewing groups. BUT, I can tell you what
evolved from those - www.thebabywearer.com. It started in November of
2003, mainly by regulars from those groups, I think. (The admins who
created it were Jeni & Denby, if that means anything to you.) (I didn't
discover it until last spring, however.)

Irene

PattyMomVA
June 9th 06, 05:30 PM
"UpMama" wrote and I snipped:

> Patty, thank you for defending me :*

No prob. :-)

> Corrine
> Who designed a really cool baby carrier and is very thankfull to Usenet
> and all the old groups and list for helping me develop my own AP style
> which included babywearing.

You may be interested to know that jenrose has coordinated a babywearing
conference to be held this summer in Portland, Oregon:

www.babywearingconference.org

-Patty, mom of 1+2

UpMama
June 9th 06, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys. I know about thebabywearer.com (I spend most of my online
time there) and the conference. I am very involved in the internet
babywearing community and that is one if the reasons i am trying to do
this research. I was just kind of on the sidelines and not really
paying attention back then but am so curious now to read the 'pioneers
of babywearing" conversations and look back at how carriers (and
businesses) developed. I know 1999 wasn't that long ago but when you
look at how far the baby carrier industry has come (just take a look at
the FSOT boards at thebabywearer.com) it is really incredible.

PattyMomVA wrote:
> "UpMama" wrote and I snipped:
> >
> > Patty, thank you for defending me :*
>
> No prob. :-)
>
> > Corrine
> > Who designed a really cool baby carrier and is very thankfull to Usenet
> > and all the old groups and list for helping me develop my own AP style
> > which included babywearing.
>
> You may be interested to know that jenrose has coordinated a babywearing
> conference to be held this summer in Portland, Oregon:
>
> www.babywearingconference.org
>
> -Patty, mom of 1+2

UpMama
June 9th 06, 09:28 PM
Oops.

I just realized i've not been using usenet reply posting format.
Sorry. I will do better next time.

Corrine