PDA

View Full Version : Update - (Loss Mentioned)

Clair Pepper
June 12th 06, 05:05 PM
Hi all
Just thought I would update you on my situation. After I did one test and
got a very faint positive, I did 4 more just to make sure!! They all came
back very faintly positive too. Last night I started bleeding very lightly,
when I woke up this morning I was bleeding more heavily. I went to see my
GP and he sent me to the gyni dept at the hospital. My GP thought that the
pregnancy may have been ectopic. I had an a scan and an internal exam, both
confirmed that I had miscarried and there was no ectopic pregnancy. I have
had to have a blood test to check that the HCG levels are falling the
results of which I will get tommorrow, but hopefully that will be the end of
things and I can just concentrate on picking up the pieces. If not I will
have to go back in 48 hours for another test.
Thanks for everyones support so far.
Clair

Jamie Clark
June 12th 06, 05:20 PM
Clair Pepper wrote:
> Hi all
> Just thought I would update you on my situation. After I did one
> test and got a very faint positive, I did 4 more just to make sure!!
> They all came back very faintly positive too. Last night I started
> bleeding very lightly, when I woke up this morning I was bleeding
> more heavily. I went to see my GP and he sent me to the gyni dept
> at the hospital. My GP thought that the pregnancy may have been
> ectopic. I had an a scan and an internal exam, both confirmed that I
> had miscarried and there was no ectopic pregnancy. I have had to
> have a blood test to check that the HCG levels are falling the
> results of which I will get tommorrow, but hopefully that will be the
> end of things and I can just concentrate on picking up the pieces. If not
> I will have to go back in 48 hours for another test. Thanks for everyones
> support so far.
> Clair

I'm sorry that this one didn't stick around. I've had many very early m/c's
like this, and all I can say is that it's much easier, physically and
mentally, than it would be in a few more weeks. Your body hardly noticed
that there was an embryo in there, and your brain/heart hardly had time to
wrap itself around the idea of a baby. Hugs.

Here's hoping that the next one is a keeper!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Welches
June 12th 06, 06:10 PM
"Clair Pepper" > wrote in message
> Hi all
> Just thought I would update you on my situation. After I did one test and
> got a very faint positive, I did 4 more just to make sure!! They all came
> back very faintly positive too. Last night I started bleeding very
> lightly, when I woke up this morning I was bleeding more heavily. I went
> to see my GP and he sent me to the gyni dept at the hospital. My GP
> thought that the pregnancy may have been ectopic. I had an a scan and an
> internal exam, both confirmed that I had miscarried and there was no
> ectopic pregnancy. I have had to have a blood test to check that the HCG
> levels are falling the results of which I will get tommorrow, but
> hopefully that will be the end of things and I can just concentrate on
> picking up the pieces. If not I will have to go back in 48 hours for
> another test.
> Thanks for everyones support so far.
> Clair

(((hugs)))
Debbie

Kath
June 12th 06, 07:16 PM
I am so sorry for you loss.

Hugs

Kath

don_tspamme
June 13th 06, 02:31 AM
Clair Pepper wrote:
> Hi all
> Just thought I would update you on my situation. After I did one test and
> got a very faint positive, I did 4 more just to make sure!! They all came
> back very faintly positive too. Last night I started bleeding very lightly,
> when I woke up this morning I was bleeding more heavily. I went to see my
> GP and he sent me to the gyni dept at the hospital. My GP thought that the
> pregnancy may have been ectopic. I had an a scan and an internal exam, both
> confirmed that I had miscarried and there was no ectopic pregnancy. I have
> had to have a blood test to check that the HCG levels are falling the
> results of which I will get tommorrow, but hopefully that will be the end of
> things and I can just concentrate on picking up the pieces. If not I will
> have to go back in 48 hours for another test.
> Thanks for everyones support so far.
> Clair

Hi Clair -

I'm sorry for your loss, I know how you feel - three cycles ago I also
got a very faint positive, and I was exhausted and felt seasick (my
pregnancy symptoms). I had a blood test and my doctor confirmed it was
a chemical pregnancy - I was pregnant but my hormones were falling so
that my AF would start momentarily (which it did). The doctor did tell
me that if it ends that quickly that its a problem with the egg/sperm
combo and that it was not caused by anything I did. I'm glad it was
not ectopic as well, at least you will heal faster and it should not
keep you from getting pregnant again immediately if you want to.

sharalyns
June 13th 06, 06:43 AM
Clair Pepper wrote:
> Hi all
> Just thought I would update you on my situation. After I did one test and
> got a very faint positive, I did 4 more just to make sure!! They all came
> back very faintly positive too. Last night I started bleeding very lightly,
> when I woke up this morning I was bleeding more heavily. I went to see my
> GP and he sent me to the gyni dept at the hospital. My GP thought that the
> pregnancy may have been ectopic. I had an a scan and an internal exam, both
> confirmed that I had miscarried and there was no ectopic pregnancy. I have
> had to have a blood test to check that the HCG levels are falling the
> results of which I will get tommorrow, but hopefully that will be the end of
> things and I can just concentrate on picking up the pieces. If not I will
> have to go back in 48 hours for another test.
> Thanks for everyones support so far.
> Clair

((hugs)) Clair! BTDT--it stinks. Sticky vibes for next time!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

april & joanna
June 13th 06, 03:26 PM
Hi Clair

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope things turn out okay for you
regarding the rest of the results.

Love and Hugs

April

"Clair Pepper" > wrote in message
> Hi all
> Just thought I would update you on my situation. After I did one test and
> got a very faint positive, I did 4 more just to make sure!! They all came
> back very faintly positive too. Last night I started bleeding very
> lightly, when I woke up this morning I was bleeding more heavily. I went
> to see my GP and he sent me to the gyni dept at the hospital. My GP
> thought that the pregnancy may have been ectopic. I had an a scan and an
> internal exam, both confirmed that I had miscarried and there was no
> ectopic pregnancy. I have had to have a blood test to check that the HCG
> levels are falling the results of which I will get tommorrow, but
> hopefully that will be the end of things and I can just concentrate on
> picking up the pieces. If not I will have to go back in 48 hours for
> another test.
> Thanks for everyones support so far.
> Clair

June 13th 06, 03:28 PM
So sorry for your loss. It is hard picking up the pieces but you get
there. *hugs* to you.

Jeni

Clair Pepper
June 13th 06, 08:23 PM
I have had the results of my BHCG test this afternoon, it confirmed that I
had a vey early miscarriage and that it seems like I will not need any
further medical treatment. I don't know how to feel to be honest, obviously
I am upset but I also feel relieved. I don't really know why I feel like
this but at least I know that I can move on a deal with things now.
Thanks so much for all your support, it means a lot.
Clair X

Joybelle
June 21st 06, 04:43 PM
"Clair Pepper" > wrote in message