PDA

View Full Version : Super anxiety @ 29 weeks

ChitaShines
June 13th 06, 08:38 PM
I have been feel super anxious, short tempered, and been feeling down. I
get so anxious that I wake up in the middle of the night totally antsy like
I had drunk a pot of coffee. I get to feeling very down if I'm in the house
more than a day. My temper (patience) has been very low with our dogs and
somewhat with my 2 YO. I start to feel bad that I don't get my 2 YO out
enough and feel guilty if I have her in the house away from the world for
more than 2 days. I am riddled with thoughts of who will care for her when
I go into labor. I'm worried about finding a lamp, curtains, and sheets for
the new baby's room. I am just a total mess. My DD came 7 weeks early so
within a few weeks I will be reaching that time when she was born which is
putting more angst on me. We still need to get her a bedroom set so we
could pass her crib onto her new sibling. Please tell me this is all
normal. I don't recall feeling this bad with my first preg.

Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward
June 13th 06, 11:31 PM
I don't know if it's normal, but I would highly recommend you do a
Hypnobirthing course if you can. It's all about breathing exercises
aimed at relaxation. It really worked for me, and the coolest thing
was that it also really helped two of my friends who hadn't done the
class (because they live abroad) but whom I gave detailed instructions
over the phone and by email.

Best of luck!

ChitaShines wrote:
> I have been feel super anxious, short tempered, and been feeling down. I
> get so anxious that I wake up in the middle of the night totally antsy like
> I had drunk a pot of coffee. I get to feeling very down if I'm in the house
> more than a day. My temper (patience) has been very low with our dogs and
> somewhat with my 2 YO. I start to feel bad that I don't get my 2 YO out
> enough and feel guilty if I have her in the house away from the world for
> more than 2 days. I am riddled with thoughts of who will care for her when
> I go into labor. I'm worried about finding a lamp, curtains, and sheets for
> the new baby's room. I am just a total mess. My DD came 7 weeks early so
> within a few weeks I will be reaching that time when she was born which is
> putting more angst on me. We still need to get her a bedroom set so we
> could pass her crib onto her new sibling. Please tell me this is all
> normal. I don't recall feeling this bad with my first preg.

Leslie
June 14th 06, 06:17 AM
ChitaShines wrote:
> I have been feel super anxious, short tempered, and been feeling down. I
> get so anxious that I wake up in the middle of the night totally antsy like
> I had drunk a pot of coffee. I get to feeling very down if I'm in the house
> more than a day. My temper (patience) has been very low with our dogs and
> somewhat with my 2 YO. I start to feel bad that I don't get my 2 YO out
> enough and feel guilty if I have her in the house away from the world for
> more than 2 days. I am riddled with thoughts of who will care for her when
> I go into labor. I'm worried about finding a lamp, curtains, and sheets for
> the new baby's room. I am just a total mess. My DD came 7 weeks early so
> within a few weeks I will be reaching that time when she was born which is
> putting more angst on me. We still need to get her a bedroom set so we
> could pass her crib onto her new sibling. Please tell me this is all
> normal. I don't recall feeling this bad with my first preg.

I had anxiety like you describe with my most recent pregnancy. I had
it a little with the one before that, but never with the others. I was
a nervous wreck all the time and that is not like me at all. The good
news is that it went away as soon as she was born! Things that helped
we were drinking Tension Tamer tea, taking hot baths, and drinking
Rescue Remedy.

Leslie