PDA

View Full Version : Re: Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine

Jeff
June 16th 06, 02:19 AM
> wrote in message
>I continuously hear controversy surrounding the MMR vaccine, and I have
> looked into the issue and the best that I can come up with is that the
> triple shot is safe for most kids, but some have problems with it. That
> is
> enough for me to caution on the side of safety, and I am considering
> getting
> single vaccine shots of measles, mumps and rubella for my infant. I am
> having a hard time finding anyone who carries the single shots. Can
> anyone
> offer and recomendations or advise as to how to go about getting single
> shots? Thanks.

If you want to practice caution, give your kid a single shot. There will be
two less shots, which means a slightly less risk of getting an infeciton. In
addition, the triple shot has been better tested. Your son is much better
off with one shot than three.

Jeff