PDA

View Full Version : It's a...

xkatx
June 16th 06, 03:13 AM
Surprise!
u/s went just fine. I think I kinda did an update type thing in the above
original thread.

I did get the technician to write down what it is, and brought it home,
tossed it up real high and when I got home from picking the kids up from my
aunt's, DH was home. I told him what I did as far as finding out what it
is, and we decided we'd look together. I guess I was the one who couldn't
wait and I probably talked him into it :D

So, we both said we were hoping for a boy. :D I made DH open the folded
paper and it says, "It's a girl!! :)"

Soo. Looks like this is another girl, and yet, I am still excited. I think
it might be more convenient this way... 2 boys close in age, a gap, then 2
girls close in age.

So, yea, anyways, my aunt wanted to know what it was, but at that time, I
really didn't know and just told her how I decided to do it (the paper
thing) and then once I got home about 20 minutes ago from the store, our
friend called and she wanted to know - she practically begged and begged,
and I told her and she told her DH.

I don't think I want to tell family, though. Not yet, at least. Let it
ride out and let us go through things and once we've decided things - like a
name - let them be surprised. I think I will tell friends, though, as
they're not really family :D

So, that's the news!

Nikki
June 16th 06, 04:15 AM
"xkatx" > wrote in message news:atokg.43341

2 boys close in age, a gap, then 2
> girls close in age.

Oh I think that is just wonderful!

Congratulations!!!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

sharalyns
June 16th 06, 04:27 AM
Congrats!!!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

rangitotogirl
June 16th 06, 05:01 AM
"xkatx" > wrote in message
> Surprise!
> u/s went just fine. I think I kinda did an update type thing in the above
> original thread.
>
> I did get the technician to write down what it is, and brought it home,
> tossed it up real high and when I got home from picking the kids up from
> my aunt's, DH was home. I told him what I did as far as finding out what
> it is, and we decided we'd look together. I guess I was the one who
> couldn't wait and I probably talked him into it :D
>
> So, we both said we were hoping for a boy. :D I made DH open the folded
> paper and it says, "It's a girl!! :)"
>
> Soo. Looks like this is another girl, and yet, I am still excited. I
> think it might be more convenient this way... 2 boys close in age, a gap,
> then 2 girls close in age.

That's pretty cool. I think it would be neat to have two of one gender and
then two of another. Completely off topic but related to another thread you
posted we were given a list of the complications that cigarette smoking and
marijuana caused in a newborn in class today. They're quite different.
When it's not raining, I'll go out to the car and get it so that I can post
it on that old thread. Definitely wouldn't want to do either after reading
that.

lucy-lu
June 16th 06, 10:30 AM
xkatx wrote:
> Surprise!
> u/s went just fine. I think I kinda did an update type thing in the above
> original thread.
>
> I did get the technician to write down what it is, and brought it home,
> tossed it up real high and when I got home from picking the kids up from my
> aunt's, DH was home. I told him what I did as far as finding out what it
> is, and we decided we'd look together. I guess I was the one who couldn't
> wait and I probably talked him into it :D
>
> So, we both said we were hoping for a boy. :D I made DH open the folded
> paper and it says, "It's a girl!! :)"
>
> Soo. Looks like this is another girl, and yet, I am still excited. I think
> it might be more convenient this way... 2 boys close in age, a gap, then 2
> girls close in age.
>
> So, yea, anyways, my aunt wanted to know what it was, but at that time, I
> really didn't know and just told her how I decided to do it (the paper
> thing) and then once I got home about 20 minutes ago from the store, our
> friend called and she wanted to know - she practically begged and begged,
> and I told her and she told her DH.
>
> I don't think I want to tell family, though. Not yet, at least. Let it
> ride out and let us go through things and once we've decided things - like a
> name - let them be surprised. I think I will tell friends, though, as
> they're not really family :D
>
> So, that's the news!

Heh, so putting your money on a girl when instinct says it's a boy
really does work! ;)

COngratulations on a good scan and a baby girl :))

Lucy x

~Hunee~
June 16th 06, 11:31 AM
"xkatx" > wrote in message
> Surprise!
> u/s went just fine. I think I kinda did an update type thing in the above
> original thread.
>
> I did get the technician to write down what it is, and brought it home,
> tossed it up real high and when I got home from picking the kids up from
> my aunt's, DH was home. I told him what I did as far as finding out what
> it is, and we decided we'd look together. I guess I was the one who
> couldn't wait and I probably talked him into it :D
>
> So, we both said we were hoping for a boy. :D I made DH open the folded
> paper and it says, "It's a girl!! :)"
>
> Soo. Looks like this is another girl, and yet, I am still excited. I
> think it might be more convenient this way... 2 boys close in age, a gap,
> then 2 girls close in age.
>
> So, yea, anyways, my aunt wanted to know what it was, but at that time, I
> really didn't know and just told her how I decided to do it (the paper
> thing) and then once I got home about 20 minutes ago from the store, our
> friend called and she wanted to know - she practically begged and begged,
> and I told her and she told her DH.
>
> I don't think I want to tell family, though. Not yet, at least. Let it
> ride out and let us go through things and once we've decided things - like
> a name - let them be surprised. I think I will tell friends, though, as
> they're not really family :D
>
> So, that's the news!

Congrats Kat!
I am about a week and a half ahead of you, and I'm having a girl too! (Found
out 2 weeks ago!)
This is my 6th bubs and my 3rd girl in a row!
My last 2 girls are 4 and 3. I have an enormous amount of pink stuff!

Cheers
Trish

PK
June 16th 06, 03:16 PM
xkatx wrote:

> So, that's the news!

Thats wonderful. Congratulations. And it just goes to show that you
can't predict gender based on h/b :-P

I'm glad everything went well

PK

Missy
June 20th 06, 09:07 AM
xkatx wrote:
> Surprise!
> u/s went just fine. I think I kinda did an update type thing in the above
> original thread.
>
> I did get the technician to write down what it is, and brought it home,
> tossed it up real high and when I got home from picking the kids up from my
> aunt's, DH was home. I told him what I did as far as finding out what it
> is, and we decided we'd look together. I guess I was the one who couldn't
> wait and I probably talked him into it :D
>
> So, we both said we were hoping for a boy. :D I made DH open the folded
> paper and it says, "It's a girl!! :)"
>
> Soo. Looks like this is another girl, and yet, I am still excited. I think
> it might be more convenient this way... 2 boys close in age, a gap, then 2
> girls close in age.

Congratulations! I think it is nice that you have two of each close in
age. You'll probably get "are they twins?" a lot. My sisters and I
are one and three years apart and would always get asked that.

-- Missy
Baby Boo edd December 25th

xkatx
June 20th 06, 01:42 PM
"Missy" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> xkatx wrote:
>> Surprise!
>> u/s went just fine. I think I kinda did an update type thing in the
>> above
>> original thread.
>>
>> I did get the technician to write down what it is, and brought it home,
>> tossed it up real high and when I got home from picking the kids up from
>> my
>> aunt's, DH was home. I told him what I did as far as finding out what it
>> is, and we decided we'd look together. I guess I was the one who
>> couldn't
>> wait and I probably talked him into it :D
>>
>> So, we both said we were hoping for a boy. :D I made DH open the folded
>> paper and it says, "It's a girl!! :)"
>>
>> Soo. Looks like this is another girl, and yet, I am still excited. I
>> think
>> it might be more convenient this way... 2 boys close in age, a gap, then
>> 2
>> girls close in age.
>>

> Congratulations! I think it is nice that you have two of each close in
> age. You'll probably get "are they twins?" a lot. My sisters and I
> are one and three years apart and would always get asked that.
>
> -- Missy
> Baby Boo edd December 25th

LOL I just had to reply...
My boys are total, complete opposites, and I have yet to get the twins
remark. I've had looks that could probably been second glances to see if
they were, but then rather than, "Oh, are they twins??" I get more of, "Oh,
are they even brothers???"
One has very blonde hair, very blue eyes and very fair skin - spitting image
of me as a baby/child. The other has very dark hair (was black when he was
born), eyes so dark brown they almost look black and a very dark
complexion - spitting image of his dad.

Back a couple years ago, I had a friend who had a set of twins and she
stayed with me for a couple days when she was losing her mind when her boys
were 2-3 days old. She was being totally useless and I ended up not
trusting her enough to leave her babies with her at my place when I had some
errands to run downtown, so I packed up my boys and hers - at the time, I
think mine were almost 2 and almost 3. I had one old lady ask if the
newborns were twins... Yet I was carting around 2 clearly newborn babies in
identical matching car seats in identical matching snow suits...

I also went to the mall with my girl friend who's baby was born the same day
as DD - her DS is half Philippino - and she ran to the washroom and I had a
little caravan of babies in strollers going following her towards the
washroom as she just ran to make it in time. I was pushing one stroller
with one hand, pulling the other with the other hand. I was sitting outside
of the McDonald's in the mall waiting for her to finish up in the washroom,
and I parked both strollers beside eachother so the babies, about 4ish
months old at the time, could see eachother and 'visit' and also see all the
activity in the mall. One girl came up to me and said, "Oh, are they
twins??" I looked at her, smiled and simply said, "Nope, they were just born
on the same day." - She just smiled and said, "Oh. Cute." and walked away.
I then realized how sarcastic and rude I could have just come across as, yet
I didn't try to be - wasn't at all being rude or sarcastic, nor was I trying
to be! I guess I realized after that, "No, they're not twins, they were
just born on the same day" could have been a very smart a** comment!