PDA

View Full Version : What brand of cloth diapers?

cjra
June 21st 06, 02:27 PM
The only ones I've seen have been Gerber, and they just seem lousy -
very thin fabric, doesn't look like it absorbs much. I have this vision
from cloth diapers my mom used some, um 30+ years ago (and then used as
rags for another 10+ yrs), they just seemed to be much better.

So if you use cloth diapers, what brand do you find to be the best, and
where do you find them?

Anne Rogers
June 21st 06, 02:33 PM
> So if you use cloth diapers, what brand do you find to be the best, and
> where do you find them?

I don't know if you have the same brands, there is an overlap though, so I
might a well mention them!

For flat terry squares, Zorbit are very god, Junior Joy are bad bad bad.

For prefolds, Bambino Mio are good and Junior Joy are ok.

For wraps, our favourite is definitely the Rikki wrap from Motherease for
day time and Tots Bots red fleece wrap and night.

For our first we used flat terries the whole way, 2nd time around we were
given some prefolds for free (new ones, from Junior Joy) and we really liked
the, so bought bigger ones in a different brand, which are definitely more
absorbant. We've found that for overnight, we need extra padding (a whole
extra nappy) and the breathability of a fleece wrap.

Ann

Ericka Kammerer
June 21st 06, 03:00 PM
cjra wrote:
> The only ones I've seen have been Gerber, and they just seem lousy -
> very thin fabric, doesn't look like it absorbs much. I have this vision
> from cloth diapers my mom used some, um 30+ years ago (and then used as
> rags for another 10+ yrs), they just seemed to be much better.
>
> So if you use cloth diapers, what brand do you find to be the best, and
> where do you find them?

Most people I know have mail ordered cloth diapers
(as we did when we used them--which was too long ago to be
of much use to you, brandwise). I don't know that I have
ever seen decent cloth diapers in local stores. I'm sure
others will chime in with recommendations for current products.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Leslie
June 21st 06, 03:16 PM
cjra wrote:
> The only ones I've seen have been Gerber, and they just seem lousy -
> very thin fabric, doesn't look like it absorbs much. I have this vision
> from cloth diapers my mom used some, um 30+ years ago (and then used as
> rags for another 10+ yrs), they just seemed to be much better.
>
> So if you use cloth diapers, what brand do you find to be the best, and
> where do you find them?

If money's no object, I'm sure whatever you can find on the internet
will be best, but I will throw out a plug for the low-cost option.

I buy the tri-folds you find in Wal-Mart et al--the kind that are a
little spongey in the middle. Then I buy a thinner kind and fold them
in thirds to double the diaper. These are about $10 a dozen and they
don't last forever, but the intial outlay is small if that is an issue,
and this method has worked fine to diaper 5 babies so far!

Leslie

Nikki
June 22nd 06, 05:53 AM
"cjra" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The only ones I've seen have been Gerber, and they just seem lousy -
> very thin fabric, doesn't look like it absorbs much. I have this vision
> from cloth diapers my mom used some, um 30+ years ago (and then used as
> rags for another 10+ yrs), they just seemed to be much better.
>
> So if you use cloth diapers, what brand do you find to be the best, and
> where do you find them?

I use DSQ Chinese prefolds and 'prorap' covers. I've been very happy with
them so far but my babies are only 2.5mos so I don't know how they'll work
with older babies. I ordered them online. There are a ton of places to
order from.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

cjra
June 22nd 06, 01:31 PM
Nikki wrote:
> "cjra" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > The only ones I've seen have been Gerber, and they just seem lousy -
> > very thin fabric, doesn't look like it absorbs much. I have this vision
> > from cloth diapers my mom used some, um 30+ years ago (and then used as
> > rags for another 10+ yrs), they just seemed to be much better.
> >
> > So if you use cloth diapers, what brand do you find to be the best, and
> > where do you find them?
>
> I use DSQ Chinese prefolds and 'prorap' covers. I've been very happy with
> them so far but my babies are only 2.5mos so I don't know how they'll work
> with older babies. I ordered them online. There are a ton of places to
> order from.

Thanks to all, I'll do a search. All my sisters used a diaper service,
so they were no help!