PDA

View Full Version : 1st pregnancy - saying hi!

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 05:55 AM
I used to lurk in this group around 4 years ago and am just now pregnant
with my 1st (due in September!)

I recognize a lot of the names here from that time, which is nice to see
that people stick around for so long. :) I've also noticed the lack of a
few people I really enjoyed reading back then, including Sophie, Jess,
Iphegenia, and Andrea. Does anyone know what happened to these folks?

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!"

Kim

Mum of Two
June 22nd 06, 06:56 AM
"Special K!" > wrote in message
>I used to lurk in this group around 4 years ago and am just now pregnant
>with my 1st (due in September!)
>
> I recognize a lot of the names here from that time, which is nice to see
> that people stick around for so long. :) I've also noticed the lack of a
> few people I really enjoyed reading back then, including Sophie, Jess,
> Iphegenia, and Andrea. Does anyone know what happened to these folks?
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!"

Congratulations! :-) I hope everything goes well for you. I was here around
that time too, when I was pregnant with my son (stillborn in Nov' 2002)
Iphegenia I remember vaguely, but I'm not sure where she went. Sophie left
shortly after a disagreement, but I'm not sure if it was related. Andrea
just seemed to drop off the face of the earth, but then she has 12 children
to take care of now - if we're talking about the same Andrea - so she
probably doesn't have a lot of time. Jess still posts at
misc.kids.breastfeeding from time to time.
wb :-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Jamie Clark
June 22nd 06, 06:57 AM
Special K! wrote:
> I used to lurk in this group around 4 years ago and am just now
> pregnant with my 1st (due in September!)
>
> I recognize a lot of the names here from that time, which is nice to
> see that people stick around for so long. :) I've also noticed the
> lack of a few people I really enjoyed reading back then, including
> Sophie, Jess, Iphegenia, and Andrea. Does anyone know what happened
> to these folks?
> Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!"
>
> Kim

Hey Kim. Sophie has been gone for a while, a few years now. Jess is also
long gone, longer than Sophie. Iphegenia hasn't posted in forever as well.
Were you here when her husband died? I think she's remarried now. Andrea
is still around, if you are talking about the Andrea who has a whole passle
of kids. Last I heard, she had 12. She still posts occasionally.

Welcome back, and congrats!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 08:24 AM
"Mum of Two" > wrote in message
> Congratulations! :-) I hope everything goes well for you. I was here
> around that time too, when I was pregnant with my son (stillborn in Nov'
> 2002)
> Iphegenia I remember vaguely, but I'm not sure where she went. Sophie left
> shortly after a disagreement, but I'm not sure if it was related. Andrea
> just seemed to drop off the face of the earth, but then she has 12
> children to take care of now - if we're talking about the same Andrea - so
> she probably doesn't have a lot of time. Jess still posts at
> misc.kids.breastfeeding from time to time.
> wb :-)

Yes, I remember you and the birth of your son. I'm glad to see you're still
hanging out here. :) Wow, 12 kids? I think she had 10 the last time I was
around here. I guess that would keep her quite busy.

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 08:26 AM
> Hey Kim. Sophie has been gone for a while, a few years now. Jess is also
> long gone, longer than Sophie. Iphegenia hasn't posted in forever as
> well. Were you here when her husband died? I think she's remarried now.
> Andrea
> is still around, if you are talking about the Andrea who has a whole
> passle of kids. Last I heard, she had 12. She still posts occasionally.

I searched for Sophie's website and that seems to be gone too? Yes, I
remember when Iphegenia's husband died - my heart really went out to her.
I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

> Welcome back, and congrats!

Thanks. :)

Mum of Two
June 22nd 06, 11:46 AM
"Special K!" > wrote in message

> "Mum of Two" > wrote in message
>> Congratulations! :-) I hope everything goes well for you. I was here
>> around that time too, when I was pregnant with my son (stillborn in Nov'
>> 2002)
>> Iphegenia I remember vaguely, but I'm not sure where she went. Sophie
>> left shortly after a disagreement, but I'm not sure if it was related.
>> Andrea just seemed to drop off the face of the earth, but then she has 12
>> children to take care of now - if we're talking about the same Andrea -
>> so she probably doesn't have a lot of time. Jess still posts at
>> misc.kids.breastfeeding from time to time.
>> wb :-)
>
> Yes, I remember you and the birth of your son. I'm glad to see you're
> still hanging out here. :)

Thanks :-) My daughter will be two at the end of the month, and I'm not
planning any more, so I'm not sure why I'm still here! But I do read here
when I get the time, and it's nice to see you back after all these years.

Wow, 12 kids? I think she had 10 the last time I was
> around here. I guess that would keep her quite busy.

Heh, one keeps me busy! I'm not sure how she does it, so if she no longer
has time to read usenet, I'm hardly surprised ;-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

xkatx
June 22nd 06, 03:39 PM
"Mum of Two" > wrote in message
> "Special K!" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mum of Two" > wrote in message
>>> Congratulations! :-) I hope everything goes well for you. I was here
>>> around that time too, when I was pregnant with my son (stillborn in Nov'
>>> 2002)
>>> Iphegenia I remember vaguely, but I'm not sure where she went. Sophie
>>> left shortly after a disagreement, but I'm not sure if it was related.
>>> Andrea just seemed to drop off the face of the earth, but then she has
>>> 12 children to take care of now - if we're talking about the same
>>> Andrea - so she probably doesn't have a lot of time. Jess still posts at
>>> misc.kids.breastfeeding from time to time.
>>> wb :-)
>>
>> Yes, I remember you and the birth of your son. I'm glad to see you're
>> still hanging out here. :)
>
> Thanks :-) My daughter will be two at the end of the month, and I'm not
> planning any more, so I'm not sure why I'm still here! But I do read here
> when I get the time, and it's nice to see you back after all these years.
>
> Wow, 12 kids? I think she had 10 the last time I was
>> around here. I guess that would keep her quite busy.
>
> Heh, one keeps me busy! I'm not sure how she does it, so if she no longer
> has time to read usenet, I'm hardly surprised ;-)

12?!?!?!?!?! Holy cow. That would be an experience! I'm strapped to the
max with 3, wondering what to do with this #4 in a few months ;) Good thing
about a big family is that you have a whole team complete with rotating
shifts ;) I should try for 12... Then we'd have no choice but to get a van,
as I've been wanting for a few months now lol

AnneMarie
June 22nd 06, 05:06 PM
Congratulations! I mostly lurk here, but I saw that you are due the same
month that I am. What day? I am due Sept. 8th.
So how are you feeling?

Annemarie
"Special K!" > wrote in message
>I used to lurk in this group around 4 years ago and am just now pregnant
>with my 1st (due in September!)
>
> I recognize a lot of the names here from that time, which is nice to see
> that people stick around for so long. :) I've also noticed the lack of a
> few people I really enjoyed reading back then, including Sophie, Jess,
> Iphegenia, and Andrea. Does anyone know what happened to these folks?
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!"
>
> Kim

Jamie Clark
June 22nd 06, 05:32 PM
xkatx wrote:

> 12?!?!?!?!?! Holy cow. That would be an experience! I'm strapped to
> the max with 3, wondering what to do with this #4 in a few months ;) Good
> thing about a big family is that you have a whole team complete
> with rotating shifts ;) I should try for 12... Then we'd have no
> choice but to get a van, as I've been wanting for a few months now lol

I think with 12 kids you have to get an actual bus... : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Joybelle
June 22nd 06, 05:39 PM
"Special K!" > wrote in message
> I used to lurk in this group around 4 years ago and am just now pregnant
> with my 1st (due in September!)

Congratulations!!

> I recognize a lot of the names here from that time, which is nice to see
> that people stick around for so long. :) I've also noticed the lack of a
> few people I really enjoyed reading back then, including Sophie, Jess,
> Iphegenia, and Andrea. Does anyone know what happened to these folks?

I know a few people had gone over to livejournal, but I'm not sure they're
still there.

> Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!"

Glad to have you posting!! :)

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
Grant 9-05 www.caringbridge.org/visit/grantphilip

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 06:34 PM
"AnneMarie" > wrote in message
. ..
> Congratulations! I mostly lurk here, but I saw that you are due the same
> month that I am. What day? I am due Sept. 8th.
> So how are you feeling?

The 21st. I'm doing really good. I've had an easy pregnancy thus far
(knock on wood). My only minor complaint at the moment is the separation of
the pubic bone, which really hurts. What about you? How has your pregnancy
been?

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 07:07 PM
> Thanks :-) My daughter will be two at the end of the month, and I'm not
> planning any more, so I'm not sure why I'm still here! But I do read here
> when I get the time, and it's nice to see you back after all these years.

I guess that answers my question. I was going to ask if you were getting
ready to have another one since you have approximately 2 years between your
1st and 2nd.

> Heh, one keeps me busy! I'm not sure how she does it, so if she no longer
> has time to read usenet, I'm hardly surprised ;-)

I know I'm completely bored right now (not working, just hanging out waiting
for baby)... but I also know that will change very drastically once baby is
on the outside - but I'm looking forward to it and have been for many years.

Jamie Clark
June 22nd 06, 07:28 PM
Special K! wrote:
>> Thanks :-) My daughter will be two at the end of the month, and I'm
>> not planning any more, so I'm not sure why I'm still here! But I do
>> read here when I get the time, and it's nice to see you back after
>> all these years.
>
> I guess that answers my question. I was going to ask if you were
> getting ready to have another one since you have approximately 2
> years between your 1st and 2nd.

Well, technically speaking, it would be between her 2nd and 3rd, since Angel
Baby Carlos will always be #1. : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 07:43 PM
> Well, technically speaking, it would be between her 2nd and 3rd, since
> Angel
> Baby Carlos will always be #1. : )

That was what I meant. She had apprximately 2 years between Carlos and her
daughter, who's now about to turn 2. Maybe I just worded that wrong.

Kathryn
June 22nd 06, 08:11 PM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
. ..
> xkatx wrote:
>>
>> 12?!?!?!?!?! Holy cow. That would be an experience! I'm strapped to
>> the max with 3, wondering what to do with this #4 in a few months ;) Good
>> thing about a big family is that you have a whole team complete
>> with rotating shifts ;) I should try for 12... Then we'd have no
>> choice but to get a van, as I've been wanting for a few months now lol
>
> I think with 12 kids you have to get an actual bus... : )

I think with 12, I'd want a fleet of nice limos ;) Complete with my own
drivers :D

> --
>
> Jamie
> Earth Angels:
> Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
> Addison Grace, 9/30/04
>
> Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
> your own User ID and Password

Mum of Two
June 22nd 06, 09:59 PM
"Special K!" > wrote in message

>> Thanks :-) My daughter will be two at the end of the month, and I'm not
>> planning any more, so I'm not sure why I'm still here! But I do read here
>> when I get the time, and it's nice to see you back after all these years.
>
> I guess that answers my question. I was going to ask if you were getting
> ready to have another one since you have approximately 2 years between
> your 1st and 2nd.

I had always planned on having two living children, but my relationship with
Ana & Carlos' father broke down and we separated around Christmas/New
Year's. I'm not ruling another one out ever - if I meet the right person -
but it's not something I'm thinking about at the moment. I might do what
Jenrose did, and wait until Ana's babysitting age. ;-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 10:12 PM
> I had always planned on having two living children, but my relationship
> with
> Ana & Carlos' father broke down and we separated around Christmas/New
> Year's. I'm not ruling another one out ever - if I meet the right person -
> but it's not something I'm thinking about at the moment. I might do what
> Jenrose did, and wait until Ana's babysitting age. ;-)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing okay. Although we didn't have
children together, my divorce was finalized in January, after a lengthy
separation. I know things get only that much more complicated when children
are involved in the mix.

There are 17 years between my brother and I - I'm sure my parents had a
built-in babysitter for awhile. :)

sharalyns
June 22nd 06, 10:52 PM
Special K! wrote:
> "AnneMarie" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Congratulations! I mostly lurk here, but I saw that you are due the same
> > month that I am. What day? I am due Sept. 8th.
> > So how are you feeling?
>
> The 21st. I'm doing really good. I've had an easy pregnancy thus far
> (knock on wood). My only minor complaint at the moment is the separation of
> the pubic bone, which really hurts. What about you? How has your pregnancy
> been?

Hey--the 21st is a great day. :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

carl jones
June 28th 06, 04:12 AM
"Special K!" > wrote in message
>I used to lurk in this group around 4 years ago and am just now pregnant
>with my 1st (due in September!)
>
> I recognize a lot of the names here from that time, which is nice to see
> that people stick around for so long. :) I've also noticed the lack of a
> few people I really enjoyed reading back then, including Sophie, Jess,
> Iphegenia, and Andrea. Does anyone know what happened to these folks?
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!"

(((((Hugs))))) Kim. Welcome back.This is surely the place to be if you're
pregnantaa. Congratulations!

I am Carl a certified childbirth educator and author of several books on
childbearing.

Carl