PDA

View Full Version : sleeping positions

Special K!
June 22nd 06, 10:17 PM
This might be a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway. I'm 27 weeks and
I've read that the baby can now tell the difference between upside down and
right side up. I know the baby is currently kind of transverse, with her
head on the left side of my belly. When I went to bed last night and laid
on my left side, the baby starting moving around and kicking and poking a
lot. I couldn't get to sleep and rolled to my right side and things calmed
right down. Could the baby have been bothered by essentially standing on
her head or is it just a coincidence that things settled when I moved? I
never thought direction mattered in the womb.

Kim

Jamie Clark
June 22nd 06, 10:26 PM
Special K! wrote:
> This might be a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway. I'm 27
> weeks and I've read that the baby can now tell the difference between
> upside down and right side up. I know the baby is currently kind of
> transverse, with her head on the left side of my belly. When I went
> to bed last night and laid on my left side, the baby starting moving
> around and kicking and poking a lot. I couldn't get to sleep and
> rolled to my right side and things calmed right down. Could the baby
> have been bothered by essentially standing on her head or is it just
> a coincidence that things settled when I moved? I never thought
> direction mattered in the womb.
> Kim

There is still gravity in the womb. But, I don't think babies care about
being upside down or rightside up. They spend a lot of time with their head
down, as it's the heaviest part of their body. Who knows what was going on.
Could be he didn't like the position, and could just be coincidence. Many
babies move and kick A LOT once mommy lays quietly. All your movement
during the day tends to put them to sleep, but when you are physically
quiet, they wake up to play. Sort of like after they are born!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password