PDA

View Full Version : Re: Protien In Urine

aldee
June 23rd 06, 02:49 PM
"Nicoled1112" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I was wondering if you ladies can give me some input. I had my 18 week
> standard/routine appointment last Friday and they said I had a very
> slight amount of protien in my urine.

Try not to worry. A trace of protein isn't really a big problem. It could
mean a small UTI, which could resolve itself or might need antibiotics. It
could equally be totally normal, and mean nothing. If your BP is fine, then
it isn't pre-eclampsia. Did they send a urine sample off to check for UTI?
Or have they left it until your next appt?
Donna

Nicoled1112
June 23rd 06, 04:30 PM
Thanks Donna,

I actually did aske for them to check me for a UTI or bladder
infection. I was prone to them during my infertility treatments and
never had any symptoms. They did not recommend one, but I asked for
it. Ihave not heard back from the doctor so I am assuming all is good.
I don't think they call unless there is a problem.

Nicole