PDA

View Full Version : hello I'm new

ChristyN
June 26th 06, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone!

I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with twin girls! We found out it was
twins when I was just 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. We found out it was girls
just a couple weeks ago and let me just say that we were really hoping
it was girls due to the fact that we have 3 boys and a girl already!
My kids range in age from 17 - 5. My only girl (so far) is 13.5.

Is anyone else having twins? Even though I've been pregnant 4 times
before, a lot of this stuff is new to me.

I saw the post about protein and at my last appt they told me that I
had protein in my urine and my blood pressure was also elevated a
little (normally at 120/80) at 140/? I can't rem the other number...
The midwife (I have 2 doctors and a midwife) told me that she thought
it was a UTI and prescribed me Macrobid. She said they were also going
to send the urine to the lab but I haven't heard anything since and
that was last Thursday.

I'm also soooo scared about the following months to come that I can't
even sleep at night sometimes. Just thinking about how much bigger i'm
going to get (i'm measuring 28 weeks now and I'm only 21 weeks
pregnant) and all the discomforts that come with that. Also worried
about any complications, etc... I have my next sonogram on 7/1 and I
really can't wait. It just gives me such piece of mind.

Well I just wanted to introduce myself and I can't wait to get some
much needed advice and make a few friends along the way. :)

Kerry in Boston
June 26th 06, 05:51 PM
ChristyN wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with twin girls! We found out it was
> twins when I was just 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. We found out it was girls
> just a couple weeks ago and let me just say that we were really hoping
> it was girls due to the fact that we have 3 boys and a girl already!
> My kids range in age from 17 - 5. My only girl (so far) is 13.5.
>
> Is anyone else having twins? Even though I've been pregnant 4 times
> before, a lot of this stuff is new to me.
>
> I saw the post about protein and at my last appt they told me that I
> had protein in my urine and my blood pressure was also elevated a
> little (normally at 120/80) at 140/? I can't rem the other number...
> The midwife (I have 2 doctors and a midwife) told me that she thought
> it was a UTI and prescribed me Macrobid. She said they were also going
> to send the urine to the lab but I haven't heard anything since and
> that was last Thursday.
>
> I'm also soooo scared about the following months to come that I can't
> even sleep at night sometimes. Just thinking about how much bigger i'm
> going to get (i'm measuring 28 weeks now and I'm only 21 weeks
> pregnant) and all the discomforts that come with that. Also worried
> about any complications, etc... I have my next sonogram on 7/1 and I
> really can't wait. It just gives me such piece of mind.
>
> Well I just wanted to introduce myself and I can't wait to get some
> much needed advice and make a few friends along the way. :)

Hi: Quick hello and introduction too, I'm 12 weeks (today) and just
found out last week that we too are expecting twins! I'm still really
shocked, but slowly getting used to the idea that we'll have two babies
in a few months. We have a three year old girl too. I'm really
nervous for the months to come since I had a LEEP procedure a few
months ago so my OB is going to keep a close eye on any cervical
issues. So, I'll be watching for any info on twins too!

Kerry

Anne Rogers
June 26th 06, 10:57 PM
2 new posters in one go!

I don't think any of the regular posters are having twins at the moment,
though some have had twins in the past.

Welcome to you both.

Anne