PDA

View Full Version : ectopic Pregancy related question

NewToThis
June 26th 06, 07:34 PM
We have four-year baby. We tried for our next baby on day of ovulation
in January 2006.

Note:
-----------
On the seventh day of our try she got sever pain on left side of her
fallopian tube.
With in one hour of time she got relief from pain.

Note:
---------
Then after, her menstrual period was regular for next all month till
today.

In February, she again suffered from pain of fallopian tube on left
side.
In March, she got PID and was cured with vaginal clingen tablet.
In May, she again suffered from PID. She was cured with amoxiciline.
We carried out B-HCG test in May end which was

Serum B-HCG < 1.20mlu/ml ( Normal values for Non pregnant female :
ND-5.0 )

In June, she again suffered from PID with pain on left fallopian tube.
Then she again treated by antibiotic but she is still having pain now
on the left side fallopian tube. Now I have few questions.

1) How much helpful B-HCG is for ectopic pregnancy, Tube mole or dead
embryo in fallopian tube?
2) We tried for second child in January 2006, now how much reliable
B-HCG test is, which we carried out in May 2006?
3) Is there any chances of above abnormalities or any other
abnormalities to patient having above-mentioned history?

rangitotogirl
June 26th 06, 09:38 PM
"NewToThis" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We have four-year baby. We tried for our next baby on day of ovulation
> in January 2006.
>
> Note:
> -----------
> On the seventh day of our try she got sever pain on left side of her
> fallopian tube.
> With in one hour of time she got relief from pain.
>
> Note:
> ---------
> Then after, her menstrual period was regular for next all month till
> today.
>
> In February, she again suffered from pain of fallopian tube on left
> side.
> In March, she got PID and was cured with vaginal clingen tablet.
> In May, she again suffered from PID. She was cured with amoxiciline.
> We carried out B-HCG test in May end which was
>
> Serum B-HCG < 1.20mlu/ml ( Normal values for Non pregnant female :
> ND-5.0 )
>
> In June, she again suffered from PID with pain on left fallopian tube.
> Then she again treated by antibiotic but she is still having pain now
> on the left side fallopian tube. Now I have few questions.
>
> 1) How much helpful B-HCG is for ectopic pregnancy, Tube mole or dead
> embryo in fallopian tube?
> 2) We tried for second child in January 2006, now how much reliable
> B-HCG test is, which we carried out in May 2006?
> 3) Is there any chances of above abnormalities or any other
> abnormalities to patient having above-mentioned history?

An ectopic pregnancy would result in positive beta levels for pregnancy so
it doesn't sound like she is having an ectopic.

I am wondering whether your wife has something like endometriosis. What day
of her cycle is she getting pain and how long does it last for?

Anne Rogers
June 26th 06, 10:55 PM
> An ectopic pregnancy would result in positive beta levels for pregnancy so
> it doesn't sound like she is having an ectopic.
>
> I am wondering whether your wife has something like endometriosis. What
> day of her cycle is she getting pain and how long does it last for?

It's also far to early for an ectopic, there is a variety of ways they can
present, but rarely before 4 weeks after conception, which is early enough
for people to not know they are pregnant if they aren't regular, but not
before you are due if you are regular as your wife seems to be. Additionally
it's very very rare for an ectopic to not need emergency treatment to save
the women (though not the foetus) and hopefully the fallopian tube. Pain
that relieves after 1hr is not going to be related to pregnancy. It could be
an egg being released if it is the right time in the cycle.

I presume by PID you mean pelvic imflamatory disease? Now, I know very
little about this, but I thought it was a chronic condition that was hard to
cure and for it to occur 3 times recently does sound to me what I'd
understood it to be, it sounds like either she has not been cured each time,
or is is something else like endometriosis, or polycystic ovaries.

Did you only actually try to conceive in January? with the history you
describe it is very unlikely that and embryo was even formed, if it did, it
just passed out with your wifes cycle that month, basically you didn't get
pregnant at that try, which is entirely normal, I'm not sure what made you
not continue to try. The B-HCG test she has had more recently just says she
is not pregnant now, it's not a historic test. If you wife had an ectopic or
molar pregnancy, you would know about it by now.

Cheers

Anne

NewToThis
June 27th 06, 08:59 PM
> I am wondering whether your wife has something like endometriosis. What day
> of her cycle is she getting pain and how long does it last for?

Thanks for reply.

Pain is now constant and is continuous. It is not on any day of cycle.

NewToThis
June 27th 06, 09:11 PM
Thanks for prompt reply.

We did not tried because of the pain and PID in the months after
january. Is there any possiblity that in january embryo converted in
to tuber mole(not in tubel or ectopic pregnancy) and this tuber mole in
fallopian tube is the reason of these three PID in last few month. Why
we doubt on this is because all this started when we try for our second
child. Means when we tried without any contraceptive.

rangitotogirl
June 27th 06, 09:32 PM
"NewToThis" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>> I am wondering whether your wife has something like endometriosis. What
>> day
>> of her cycle is she getting pain and how long does it last for?
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Pain is now constant and is continuous. It is not on any day of cycle.

She definitely needs to see a gynaecologist by the sounds of things. Good
luck!

Jamie Clark
July 3rd 06, 11:35 PM
NewToThis wrote:
> We have four-year baby. We tried for our next baby on day of ovulation
> in January 2006.
>
> Note:
> -----------
> On the seventh day of our try she got sever pain on left side of her
> fallopian tube.
> With in one hour of time she got relief from pain.
>
> Note:
> ---------
> Then after, her menstrual period was regular for next all month till
> today.
>
> In February, she again suffered from pain of fallopian tube on left
> side.
> In March, she got PID and was cured with vaginal clingen tablet.
> In May, she again suffered from PID. She was cured with amoxiciline.
> We carried out B-HCG test in May end which was
>
> Serum B-HCG < 1.20mlu/ml ( Normal values for Non pregnant female :
> ND-5.0 )
>
> In June, she again suffered from PID with pain on left fallopian tube.
> Then she again treated by antibiotic but she is still having pain now
> on the left side fallopian tube. Now I have few questions.
>
> 1) How much helpful B-HCG is for ectopic pregnancy, Tube mole or dead
> embryo in fallopian tube?

If she is pregnant, and the embryo is in the fallopian tube, it would still
kick off HCG. It sounds to me like she has unusual sensitivity to ovulation
and is feeling that pain, rather than attributing it to pain in her
fallopian tube. My guess is that it is ovarian pain, not fallopian pain. If
she had a molar pregnancy she would have a positive hcg reading.

> 2) We tried for second child in January 2006, now how much reliable
> B-HCG test is, which we carried out in May 2006?

I don't think it's possible for her to have conceived in January but have it
not show up in any way since then. THe negative beta hcg test in May
confirms that she wasn't pregnant at that point.

> 3) Is there any chances of above abnormalities or any other
> abnormalities to patient having above-mentioned history?

The above mentioned history doesn't sound abnormal to me. Keep trying.
It's only been 6 months.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password