PDA

View Full Version : Being normal .... :)

Raving Loonie
July 17th 06, 08:23 PM
Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily

SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.

Young women, on the other hand, are somewhat less carnal: their
thoughts lean toward lust an average of nine times per week, the study
found. ...

See
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/feeds/hscout/2005/05/28/hscout525971.html
for full article.

Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe
July 17th 06, 08:25 PM
Raving Loonie wrote:
<snipped>
> Young women, on the other hand, are somewhat less carnal: their
> thoughts lean toward lust an average of nine times per week, the study
> found. ...

ROFL... uhm, did they send a *man* to ask those young women?

Kitten

Raving Loonie
July 17th 06, 08:46 PM
Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> Raving Loonie wrote:
> <snipped>
> > Young women, on the other hand, are somewhat less carnal: their
> > thoughts lean toward lust an average of nine times per week, the study
> > found. ...
>

> ROFL... uhm, did they send a *man* to ask those young women?
>
> Kitten
Admittedly, the study is out-of-date so a " lot " could have changed
since then ...

Continuing ...

" ... But that still translates into daily desire for both genders,
according to the findings presented Friday at the American
Psychological Society annual meeting, in Los Angeles.

"Virtually every participant in this study, male and female, reported
having experienced sexual desire -- and they did so on a daily basis,"
concluded co-researchers Pamela Regan, a professor of psychology at
California State University, Los Angeles, and graduate psychology
student Leah Atkins.

In their study, Regan and Atkins interviewed 676 men and women, whose
average age was 25, on the intensity and frequency with which they
experienced sexual desire.

Almost all those interviewed -- 97.3 percent -- reported having
experienced lustful feelings, with men only slightly more likely to
feel sexual desire (98.8 percent) than women (95.9 percent).

In keeping with previous studies, the team found that men do think of
sex more often -- close to four times more frequently -- than women.
Men also rated the intensity of these lustful episodes as being
slightly higher than those related to the researchers by women. ..."

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/feeds/hscout/2005/05/28/hscout525971.html

This "stuff" seems to have passed peer review of the ' American
Psychological Society '.

Keep that in mind, the next time that you visit your p'doc. ;-)

Cordially,

RL

P.S. ...

Mark
July 17th 06, 09:18 PM
Raving Loonie wrote:
> Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily
>

> SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
> That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
> according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.

I would have expected it to be more along the lines of 37 times a day.

Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe
July 17th 06, 11:38 PM
Mark wrote:
> Raving Loonie wrote:
> > Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily
> >

> > SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
> > That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
> > according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.
>

> I would have expected it to be more along the lines of 37 times a day.

Yeah. Aren't there other studies that say something along the lines of
every 6 minutes or so?

Kitten

Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe
July 17th 06, 11:43 PM
Raving Loonie wrote:
> Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> > Raving Loonie wrote:
> > <snipped>
> > > Young women, on the other hand, are somewhat less carnal: their
> > > thoughts lean toward lust an average of nine times per week, the study
> > > found. ...
> >

> > ROFL... uhm, did they send a *man* to ask those young women?
> >
> > Kitten
> Admittedly, the study is out-of-date so a " lot " could have changed
> since then ...
>
> Continuing ...
>
> " ... But that still translates into daily desire for both genders,
> according to the findings presented Friday at the American
> Psychological Society annual meeting, in Los Angeles.
<snipped>
> Almost all those interviewed -- 97.3 percent -- reported having
> experienced lustful feelings, with men only slightly more likely to
> feel sexual desire (98.8 percent) than women (95.9 percent).

Heh. Why does it still seem to surprise people that women have lustful
feelings nearly as often as men? Most women are just more choosy in
expressing it than the stereotypical male seems to be.

<snipped>
> Keep that in mind, the next time that you visit your p'doc. ;-)

Pffftt!

If he doesn't stop trying to focus on the past and start helping me
come up with better coping strategies, he may find himself fired.

So what if my mother was a single mom who worked full-time while going
to school full-time so she could get a better job so she could support
us better. At least we were living close to my grandparents, and they
helped her take care of us. You do what you gotta do. If he even
*insinuates* that she was a bad mother, he's gone.

Kitten

Raving Loonie
July 18th 06, 02:35 AM
Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> Raving Loonie wrote:
> > Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> > > Raving Loonie wrote:
> > > <snipped>
> > >

> > > ROFL... uhm, did they send a *man* to ask those young women?
> > >
> > > Kitten
> > Admittedly, the study is out-of-date so a " lot " could have changed
> > since then ...
> >
> > Continuing ...
> >
> > " ... But that still translates into daily desire for both genders,
> > according to the findings presented Friday at the American
> > Psychological Society annual meeting, in Los Angeles.
> <snipped>
> > Almost all those interviewed -- 97.3 percent -- reported having
> > experienced lustful feelings, with men only slightly more likely to
> > feel sexual desire (98.8 percent) than women (95.9 percent).
>

> Heh. Why does it still seem to surprise people that women have lustful
> feelings nearly as often as men? Most women are just more choosy in
> expressing it than the stereotypical male seems to be.
"The most important thing in acting is to be able to laugh and cry. If
I have to cry, I think of my sex life. If I have to laugh, I think of
my sex life."

~ Glenda Jackson ~

Raving Loonie
July 18th 06, 02:39 AM
Mark wrote:
> Raving Loonie wrote:
> > Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily
> >

> > SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
> > That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
> > according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.
>

> I would have expected it to be more along the lines of 37 times a day.
Moreover ...

http://www.shortarmguy.com/old_folks_party_news.jpg

Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe
July 18th 06, 04:54 AM
Raving Loonie wrote:
> Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> > Raving Loonie wrote:

> > > Admittedly, the study is out-of-date so a " lot " could have changed
> > > since then ...
> > >
> > > Continuing ...
> > >
> > > " ... But that still translates into daily desire for both genders,
> > > according to the findings presented Friday at the American
> > > Psychological Society annual meeting, in Los Angeles.
> > <snipped>
> > > Almost all those interviewed -- 97.3 percent -- reported having
> > > experienced lustful feelings, with men only slightly more likely to
> > > feel sexual desire (98.8 percent) than women (95.9 percent).
> >

> > Heh. Why does it still seem to surprise people that women have lustful
> > feelings nearly as often as men? Most women are just more choosy in
> > expressing it than the stereotypical male seems to be.
> "The most important thing in acting is to be able to laugh and cry. If
> I have to cry, I think of my sex life. If I have to laugh, I think of
> my sex life."
>
> ~ Glenda Jackson ~

Speak for yourself.

Kitten

Jeff
July 18th 06, 02:15 PM
"Raving Loonie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily
>

> SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
> That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
> according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.

Are you sure they got this right? Are you sure it is not 37 times per *DAY*?

Jeff

cathyb
July 18th 06, 02:28 PM
Jeff wrote:
> "Raving Loonie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily
> >

> > SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
> > That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
> > according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.
>
> Are you sure they got this right? Are you sure it is not 37 times per *DAY*?
>
> Jeff

It surely depends on whether there's a Johnny Depp film on. And I'm not
sure that only applies to women and gays:)

Cathy

Raving Loonie
July 18th 06, 06:15 PM
Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > Raving Loonie wrote:
> > > Lust Strikes Both Genders Daily
> > >

> > > SATURDAY, May 28 (HealthDay News) -- Thirty-seven times per week:
> > > That's how often a young man's thoughts turn to palpable sexual desire,
> > > according to a new survey of almost 700 American adults.
> >

> > I would have expected it to be more along the lines of 37 times a day.
>

> Yeah. Aren't there other studies that say something along the lines of
> every 6 minutes or so?
This is reaching towards the theoretical limit of ...

Life is one continuous orgasm.

Cordially,

RL

Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe
July 18th 06, 07:36 PM
Raving Loonie wrote:
> Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> > Mark wrote:

> > > I would have expected it to be more along the lines of 37 times a day.
> >

> > Yeah. Aren't there other studies that say something along the lines of
> > every 6 minutes or so?
> This is reaching towards the theoretical limit of ...
>
> Life is one continuous orgasm.

uhm... uhm... uhm....

If I were to write the comment I'm thinking, Chewy might smack me....
hehehe...

Kitten

Raving Loonie
July 18th 06, 07:50 PM
Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:
> Raving Loonie wrote:
> > Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe wrote:

> > > Yeah. Aren't there other studies that say something along the lines of
> > > every 6 minutes or so?
> > This is reaching towards the theoretical limit of ...
> >
> > Life is one continuous orgasm.
>

> uhm... uhm... uhm....
>
> If I were to write the comment I'm thinking, Chewy might smack me....
> hehehe...
[caveat]

"This is Usenet ...

Cordially,