PDA

View Full Version : The TRUTH about Mercury

Jan Drew
August 6th 06, 08:37 PM
http://www.seedcoalition.org/pdf/tx_med_assoc_report.pdf

http://www.tuberose.com/Mercury_Threat_To_Fetus.html

http://www.calisafe.org/_disc1/00000090.htm

http://www.healthpolitics.org/media/mercury1/transcript_mercury1.pdf

http://mercuryexposure.org/index.php?category_id=8&offset=1

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:tYEreMmCUioJ:www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Sep02/092502/01n-0067_emc-000559-w-attachments.doc+Against+FDA+Proposal+the+covers+up +Risks+of+Mercury+Dental+fillings&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&ie=UTF-8

http://tinyurl.com/ollrx

http://www.iaomt.org/articlearchive.cfm?catid=14

http://www.toxicteeth.org/pressRoom_releases.cfm

http://www.iaomt.org/articledetails.cfm?artid=219

http://www.iaomt.org/

Steve Richfie1d
August 7th 06, 12:23 AM
Jan

I like your bibliography, but it really needs annotation as people often
have very specific concerns, e.g. whether it may be even worse to remove
an amalgam filling than to leave it in, especially if it may be doing a
job that other technologies may fall short on such as filling (and
preserving with mercury) a cracked tooth.

I suspect that some silver compound would work just as well or perhaps
even better than mercury for such tasks, but I don't know of any
research in this area.

I also have a hollowed-out tooth that is SO thin that it looks black
because of the amalgam that is just behind its enamel surface. Dentists
have expressed doubt that this can be filled with anything besides
amalgam because of its dimensional stability. Perhaps a gold inlay would
work just as well. Unfortunately, this isn't my area of expertise.

If only things were as simple as just ripping it all out and replacing
it with composite.

Keep up the good work.

Steve Richfie1d
==================
> http://www.seedcoalition.org/pdf/tx_med_assoc_report.pdf
>
> http://www.tuberose.com/Mercury_Threat_To_Fetus.html
>
> http://www.calisafe.org/_disc1/00000090.htm
>
> http://www.healthpolitics.org/media/mercury1/transcript_mercury1.pdf
>
> http://mercuryexposure.org/index.php?category_id=8&offset=1
>
> http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:tYEreMmCUioJ:www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Sep02/092502/01n-0067_emc-000559-w-attachments.doc+Against+FDA+Proposal+the+covers+up +Risks+of+Mercury+Dental+fillings&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&ie=UTF-8
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ollrx
>
> http://www.iaomt.org/articlearchive.cfm?catid=14
>
> http://www.toxicteeth.org/pressRoom_releases.cfm
>
> http://www.iaomt.org/articledetails.cfm?artid=219
>
> http://www.iaomt.org/

vernon
August 7th 06, 01:10 AM
"Jan Drew" > wrote in message
m...

The real truth about mercury is that it sits way too high in the
thermometer lately.

Robert
August 7th 06, 02:09 AM
"Jan Drew" > wrote in message
m...
> http://www.seedcoalition.org/pdf/tx_med_assoc_report.pdf
>
> http://www.tuberose.com/Mercury_Threat_To_Fetus.html
>
> http://www.calisafe.org/_disc1/00000090.htm
>
> http://www.healthpolitics.org/media/mercury1/transcript_mercury1.pdf
>
> http://mercuryexposure.org/index.php?category_id=8&offset=1

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:tYEreMmCUioJ:www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Sep02/092502/01n-0067_emc-000559-w-attachments.doc+Against+FDA+Proposal+the+covers+up +Risks+of+Mercury+Dental+fillings&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&ie=UTF-8

> http://tinyurl.com/ollrx
>
> http://www.iaomt.org/articlearchive.cfm?catid=14
>
> http://www.toxicteeth.org/pressRoom_releases.cfm
>
> http://www.iaomt.org/articledetails.cfm?artid=219
>
> http://www.iaomt.org/

Posting a long list of URLs tells me nothing.

Robert

Tony Bad
August 7th 06, 03:54 AM
"Robert" > wrote in message
. ..

> Posting a long list of URLs tells me nothing.
>
> Robert

Jan can tell you nothing all day long.

Jan Drew
August 7th 06, 07:37 AM
"Robert" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Jan Drew" > wrote in message
> m...
>> http://www.seedcoalition.org/pdf/tx_med_assoc_report.pdf
>>
>> http://www.tuberose.com/Mercury_Threat_To_Fetus.html
>>
>> http://www.calisafe.org/_disc1/00000090.htm
>>
>> http://www.healthpolitics.org/media/mercury1/transcript_mercury1.pdf
>>
>> http://mercuryexposure.org/index.php?category_id=8&offset=1
>>

> http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:tYEreMmCUioJ:www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Sep02/092502/01n-0067_emc-000559-w-attachments.doc+Against+FDA+Proposal+the+covers+up +Risks+of+Mercury+Dental+fillings&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&ie=UTF-8
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ollrx
>>
>> http://www.iaomt.org/articlearchive.cfm?catid=14
>>
>> http://www.toxicteeth.org/pressRoom_releases.cfm
>>
>> http://www.iaomt.org/articledetails.cfm?artid=219
>>
>> http://www.iaomt.org/
>>
> Posting a long list of URLs tells me nothing.
>
> Robert

How sad.

Jan Drew
August 7th 06, 08:08 AM
"Tony Bad" > wrote in message

> "Robert" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> >
>> Posting a long list of URLs tells me nothing.
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Jan can tell you nothing all day long.

Insult noted.

It is also noted. YOU did not refute anything I posted.

The new formula showed that one out of six pregnant women had mercury levels
in their blood of at least 3.5 parts per billion, sufficient for levels in
the fetus to reach or surpass the EPA's safety threshold of 5.8 parts per
billion. In 1999-2000, the last year
for which government data are available, this meant that 630,000 children
were at risk instead of the original estimate of 320,000.
---

They found that about 10 percent of pregnant women had undergone dental
procedures and that those who had X-rays were 3.6 times as likely to deliver
a low birth weight baby as those who were not exposed to radiation.
---
Meanwhile, no peer reviewed studies - none, zero, nada -- since 1994 point
to amalgam's safety.
---

There is no record of public meetings or hearings of the Advisory Panel.

--

The American Dental Association opposes all such bills, even those
advocating disclosure.

The FDA did nothing for a decade, despite repeated petitions. Then,
it acted based on old data and an outdated Advisory Panel, with no public
hearings, and no rebuttal opportunity. Since the proposal mirrors the
position of organized dentistry totally, it is fair to surmise that the FDA
is acting only in response to, and to counter, developments opposed by the
American Dental Association.

---

The ADA has been sued for such practices. The FDA rule attempts to shield
the ADA by declaring amalgam to be safe.

--

Second is the ADA gag rule, as enforced by state dental boards. By
enjoining dentists from initiating warnings to their patients, the ADA and

In this circumstance, the FDA must take extraordinary steps to
override a conspiracy of silence and get the health warnings out. Instead,
the FDA takes the opposite approach: disclose nothing, and override those
states who are trying to provide warnings!

XIII. Amalgam should be classified as Class III.

There is one category, and one alone, to which amalgam belongs: Class
III. The scientific literature we and others submit make that clear.

The FDA has no place in comforting or confirming a medical practice
simply because it has been used for a long time. Amalgam products are
constantly new and remade; there is no "grandfathering" issue here. It is
time the FDA abandons politics and economics, and returns to its legislative
mission of protecting American consumers.
---

MOTHER TO BRAIN OF FETUS

Page 12: "Methylmercury that is in the blood of a pregnant woman will
easily move into the blood of the developing child and then into the child's
brain and other tissues." Methylmercury will change into organic mercury,
and "remain [in the brain' for a long time."

MOTHER TO NURSING INFANT

Page 12: "As with inorganic mercury, some of the methylmercury in a nursing
woman's body will pass into breast milk.

BRAIN DAMAGE

Page 13: "Permanent damage to the brain has also been shown to occur
through exposure to sufficiently high levels of metallic mercury

--

Federal Appeals Court Certifies Amalgam Is Unsafe

---

If that doesn't tell you anything. Get Help.