http://groups.google.com/group/alt.true-crime/browse_thread/thread/61359d4af8376cda/818922ea390c63a2?hl=en#818922ea390c63a2

Newsgroups: alt.true-crime
Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane

From: "tiny dancer" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:48:28 -0500

The results a law that would forbid a parent from *spanking/popping on
the
butt* whatever you want to call it, an unruly disruptive child in whom
all
other *methods* of discipline have failed. By the time a kid reaches
three,
they should have already been taught to *listen* to their parents.
Especially in situations such as this one. 15 minutes is a long time
have to *reason with* a child who is throwing a tantrum IMO. And why
should
the other hundred plus passengers have to put up with this crap?

Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane
By JIM ELLIS

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision
remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying
3-year-old
daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.

AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration
rules
that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a
seat
belt upon takeoff.

"The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other
112
passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to
remove the
family,'' AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

Julie and Gerry Kulesza, who were headed home to Boston on Jan. 14 from
Fort
Myers, said they just needed a little more time to calm their daughter,

Elly.

"We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or
anything,''
Julie Kulesza said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

The Kuleszas said they told a flight attendant they had paid for their
daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap.
The
request was denied.

She was removed because "she was climbing under the seat and hitting
the
parents and wouldn't get in her seat'' during boarding, Graham-Weaver
said.

The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of
the
three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.

They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline
flies,
Graham-Weaver said.

The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.

http://gatewaynet.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story.jsp?floc=NW_3-T&...

From: "bessie" Date: 23 Jan 2007 11:04:32 -0800

tiny dancer wrote:
> The results a law that would forbid a parent from *spanking/popping on the
> butt* whatever you want to call it, an unruly disruptive child in whom all
> other *methods* of discipline have failed. By the time a kid reaches three,
> they should have already been taught to *listen* to their parents.
> Especially in situations such as this one. 15 minutes is a long time to
> have to *reason with* a child who is throwing a tantrum IMO. And why should
> the other hundred plus passengers have to put up with this crap?

> Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane
> By JIM ELLIS

> ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision to
> remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying 3-year-old
> daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.

> AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration rules
> that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a seat
> belt upon takeoff.

> ``The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other 112
> passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to remove the
> family,'' AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

> Julie and Gerry Kulesza, who were headed home to Boston on Jan. 14 from Fort
> Myers, said they just needed a little more time to calm their daughter,
> Elly.

> ``We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything,''
> Julie Kulesza said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

> The Kuleszas said they told a flight attendant they had paid for their
> daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap. The
> request was denied.

> She was removed because ``she was climbing under the seat and hitting the
> parents and wouldn't get in her seat'' during boarding, Graham-Weaver said.

> The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the
> three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.

> They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies,
> Graham-Weaver said.

> The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.

And AirTran and it's customers thank the idiot!

From: "Beth In Alaska" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:25:00 -0900

"tiny dancer" > wrote in message

> The results a law that would forbid a parent from *spanking/popping on the
> butt* whatever you want to call it, an unruly disruptive child in whom all
> other *methods* of discipline have failed. By the time a kid reaches
> three,
> they should have already been taught to *listen* to their parents.
> Especially in situations such as this one. 15 minutes is a long time to
> have to *reason with* a child who is throwing a tantrum IMO. And why
> should
> the other hundred plus passengers have to put up with this crap?

Pick the kid up, stick her in the seat and HOLD HER THERE. For goodness

sakes.

From: lenona Date: 23 Jan 2007 12:28:26 -0800

And no one seems to have asked the parents: "Don't you think it was
unfair to make her fly when she'd just had ear surgery and probably was

starting to feel severe pain already?"

Again, why should the passengers put up with that?

Lenona.

From: "JonesieCat" <Long Ago & Far Away> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007
09:45:27 +1100

"tiny dancer" > wrote in message

> The results a law that would forbid a parent from *spanking/popping on the
> butt* whatever you want to call it, an unruly disruptive child in whom all
> other *methods* of discipline have failed. By the time a kid reaches
> three,
> they should have already been taught to *listen* to their parents.
> Especially in situations such as this one. 15 minutes is a long time to
> have to *reason with* a child who is throwing a tantrum IMO. And why
> should
> the other hundred plus passengers have to put up with this crap?

> Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane
> By JIM ELLIS

> ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision to
> remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying 3-year-old
> daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.

> AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration rules
> that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a
> seat
> belt upon takeoff.

> ``The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other
> 112
> passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to remove
> the
> family,'' AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

> Julie and Gerry Kulesza, who were headed home to Boston on Jan. 14 from
> Fort
> Myers, said they just needed a little more time to calm their daughter,
> Elly.

> ``We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything,''
> Julie Kulesza said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

> The Kuleszas said they told a flight attendant they had paid for their
> daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap. The
> request was denied.

> She was removed because ``she was climbing under the seat and hitting the
> parents and wouldn't get in her seat'' during boarding, Graham-Weaver
> said.

> The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the
> three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.

> They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies,
> Graham-Weaver said.

> The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.

> http://gatewaynet.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story.jsp?floc=NW_3-T&...

If any passenger, for any reason, illness, whatever, delayed an air
flight
15 minutes, the airline is likely justified in ejecting them.

BUT. The article does not say the *child delayed the flight for 15
minutes.
It simply says the flight was delayed 15 minutes. So when attendants
walked
thru and the kid wasn't in her seat then and there: they threw them off
the
plane. That's the way I read it. The dad said they were not allowed ANY
time
to deal with their child. The article supports this. I don't think the
airline would have given them free tickets otherwise. AirTran just
wanted to
keep to their flight schedule and not lose passengers (and $)
connecting at
the other end.

jc (I hate it when good parents get bashed for being good parents, and
when
people jump on the bandwagon to join in the bashing) (*NOT* directed at
you,
td)

From: "Beth In Alaska" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:28:59 -0900

"JonesieCat" <Long Ago & Far Away> wrote in message

> jc (I hate it when good parents get bashed for being good parents, and
> when people jump on the bandwagon to join in the bashing) (*NOT* directed
> at you, td)

Well, I'm pretty anti-spanking - I think there are better ways to
discipline
your child

HOWEVER, unless this child was special needs, there is no reason a
three
year old should be throwing a tantrum. The only three year olds I have
EVER
met who still threw tantrums were my neice, who was coddled, comforted
every
time she threw a fit her entire toddlerdom (and shes four now and still

throwing inappropriate tantrums) and my friends special needs child.
The
whole "we didn't have time to comfort her" leads me to believe that
these
parents are like my brother and his wife - loving, caring and
wayyyyyyyyyyy
too sensitive to their childs tears. I love my child and when hes hurt
and
crying I'm concerned. I'm even concerned when he's not hurt and crying,
but
he cant' always get his way because he's crying (way to reward ****ty
behavior). In this particular case I would have picked my child up,
put the
child in the seat and said "Sorry you are angry hon, but you need to
sit in
your seat now. See mommy sits in her seat. Daddy sits in his seat.
The
nice lady over there sits in her seat" and then brought out a toy or
book to
distract.

This child was three and still hitting her parents. They couldnt'
extract
her from under the seats. This must mean they were asking her to come
out
instead of getting her out. Bad parenting, imo.

From: "tiny dancer" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:02:19 -0500

"Beth In Alaska" > wrote in message

> "JonesieCat" <Long Ago & Far Away> wrote in message
[i]
> > [I'm surprised you are pro-spanking in any case. There are plenty of
> > children in the world who would shriek louder & longer than ever if
> > somebody hit some part of their body, and with good reason. (I don't
> > believe it is nec abusive in certain families, but is certainly used as
an[i]
> > excuse by abusers in those other kinds of families. For that reason,
those
> > laws are good things, imho.)]

> > jc (I hate it when good parents get bashed for being good parents, and
> > when people jump on the bandwagon to join in the bashing) (*NOT*
directed
> > at you, td)

> Well, I'm pretty anti-spanking - I think there are better ways to
discipline
> your child

I use *spanking* for lack of a better term. I'm not against *popping*
hand or butt, depending upon the circumstances. Every child is
different.
Some toddlers respond to corrections, some respond to removing the
child
from the electrical outlets. Some are easily distracted. Some you can
tell
them NO NO, and remove them till hell freezes over and nothing seems to

deter them. Of course these are all just my opinion.

I remember when jake was just beginning to really get around. He
continually went for my cords plugged into outlets. I told him NO NO,
kept
getting up and directing him in another direction, etc. Finally as he
was
reaching up to yank a cord for the hundreth time, I grabbed his fist
and
popped it. Said "grandma said NO, jake, no no. No touch. I had a
really
firm voice, my most severe *look*, I'm sure you are well acquainted
with
*the look* one uses. ;-] But that *popping* of the hand worked. In
fact
the next time I caught him going for a plug, I gave him 'the look' and
said
'grandma said NO'. He started to reach his hand out towards the
outlet,
where upon I lifted my hand in an upwards motion, pre-popping if you
will.
Jake promptly stuck his hand behind his back so I couldn't pop it. He
gave
me this grin and that was the last time we had an 'outlet issue'. It
was
really funny, watching this 16 month old reason all this through. His
face,
expression, was priceless.

I can't speak for all, only my experience with my own kids. Each one
was
quite different in what they responded to. I will say though, there
was no
*need* for any sort of *popping* by the time they were three years old.

They had already learned what was acceptable and what wasn't, and that
they
were to listen to mom when she said something. The only time I recall
dealing out a spanking was for running in the street. Not *toddler*
running
into the street. *Child* 'old enough to know better' running into the
street.

> HOWEVER, unless this child was special needs, there is no reason a three
> year old should be throwing a tantrum. The only three year olds I have
EVER
> met who still threw tantrums were my neice, who was coddled, comforted
every
> time she threw a fit her entire toddlerdom (and shes four now and still
> throwing inappropriate tantrums) and my friends special needs child. The
> whole "we didn't have time to comfort her" leads me to believe that these
> parents are like my brother and his wife - loving, caring and
wayyyyyyyyyyy
> too sensitive to their childs tears. I love my child and when hes hurt
and
> crying I'm concerned. I'm even concerned when he's not hurt and crying,
but
> he cant' always get his way because he's crying (way to reward ****ty
> behavior). In this particular case I would have picked my child up, put
the
> child in the seat and said "Sorry you are angry hon, but you need to sit
in
> your seat now. See mommy sits in her seat. Daddy sits in his seat. The
> nice lady over there sits in her seat" and then brought out a toy or book
> distract.

> This child was three and still hitting her parents. They couldnt' extract
> her from under the seats. This must mean they were asking her to come out
> instead of getting her out. Bad parenting, imo.

I can think of little I hate worse than a kid throwing a tantrum.
Luckily
none of mine were tantrum throwers. I remember flying once with all
three
of mine, when the baby was only about six or eight weeks old, the other
two
were three and five. We didn't have any problems. The girls all
behaved
fine. As you said, I brought a carry on with some toys and snacks to
keep
them occupied. None of my kids ever slapped/hit me.

What do you think Beth? Don't you find the first two years to be the
most
important as to instilling what behaviors are acceptable and what
aren't? I
mean, at the time, things like this weren't on TV programs and such.
When
my kids were young, I mean. That was back in the olden days of only
three
TV channels, ABC, CBS, & if one was lucky NBC. But I truly don't
recall
having any major issues with the kids. They accompanied me nearly
everywhere I went, as there weren't grandparents or aunts to leave 'em
with.
And I could take them anywhere and count on them to behave and not
break
anything. They even went to the dentist with me. They'd sit along the
wall
on the floor while I had my teeth worked on. My dentist enjoyed
*chatting*
with them. He thought they were a trip. He'd get them to tell him
*family
secrets* while mom had her mouth stuck open and couldn't tell 'em to be

quiet. ;-]

td

From: "Beth In Alaska" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:23:26 -0900

"tiny dancer" > wrote in message

> I can think of little I hate worse than a kid throwing a tantrum. Luckily
> none of mine were tantrum throwers. I remember flying once with all three
> of mine, when the baby was only about six or eight weeks old, the other
> two
> were three and five. We didn't have any problems. The girls all behaved
> fine. As you said, I brought a carry on with some toys and snacks to keep
> them occupied. None of my kids ever slapped/hit me.

Consider yourself lucky.

I've got a hella tantrumer/biter.pincher here. Its something we don't
"allow" but still difficult to extinguish. With months consistency and
by
making it clear that tantrums don't get you your way, we've gotten them
be VERY short. However, I haven't really worked on extinguishing the
tantrums, as I am using screaming or yelling as an alternative to
biting or
pinching. I'd much rather have my kid scream than bite someone who
took
away his toy.

I know that parents can't always control their childs tantrums however
they
certainly shouldn't give in to them - especially about something like
sitting in your seat on an airplane on takeoff.

> What do you think Beth? Don't you find the first two years to be the most
> important as to instilling what behaviors are acceptable and what aren't?
> mean, at the time, things like this weren't on TV programs and such. When
> my kids were young, I mean. That was back in the olden days of only three
> TV channels, ABC, CBS, & if one was lucky NBC. But I truly don't recall
> having any major issues with the kids. They accompanied me nearly
> everywhere I went, as there weren't grandparents or aunts to leave 'em
> with.
> And I could take them anywhere and count on them to behave and not break
> anything. They even went to the dentist with me. They'd sit along the
> wall
> on the floor while I had my teeth worked on. My dentist enjoyed
> *chatting*
> with them. He thought they were a trip. He'd get them to tell him
> *family
> secrets* while mom had her mouth stuck open and couldn't tell 'em to be
> quiet. ;-]

I think that not only the kids habits are created in the early years
but the
parents habits too. My brother's parenting drives me crazy. I
remember
when the Bitch (a FOND nickname for the younger niece -I swear its
fond) was
a year and a half and any time anyone else would sing, she would say
"NO NO"
and throw a fit. Her parents response was to have everyone stop
singing,
including her four year old sister (how FAIR IS THAT?). My response
was to
sing louder and make everyone sing, because a one and half year old
doesnt'
get too dictate everyone elses behavior. It really bothered me how
often
they expected Dana (my older niece) to give in to the little one - she
had
to give up toys, she couldnt' sing, it was truly horrible.

It just takes a little consistency and a little forethought about what
you
are teaching your kid. You give in when the kid screams NO about your
singing, what have you taught them?

From: "tiny dancer" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:52:15 -0500

"Beth In Alaska" > wrote in message

snipped>
> I've got a hella tantrumer/biter.pincher here. Its something we don't
> "allow" but still difficult to extinguish. With months consistency and by
> making it clear that tantrums don't get you your way, we've gotten them to
> be VERY short. However, I haven't really worked on extinguishing the
> tantrums, as I am using screaming or yelling as an alternative to biting
or
> pinching. I'd much rather have my kid scream than bite someone who took
> away his toy.

Yeah, I'm thinking screaming is better than biting or pinching. Have
you
tried the *naughty* chair? Robin uses it A LOT ;-) with jake and
the
twins. Well, it's not alot per kid, but when three are involved, the
naughty chair see's it's share of inhabitants. Does the little guy go
daycare or playschool? Was just wondering because I wondered how he
interacted with the other kids. I was watching Robin referee a dispute

between Jake and Zack yesterday. It ended with them each saying they
were
*sorry* and giving a hug. Of course it wasn't as quick and simple as I

typed it out here, but that's the way it ended anyway, courtesy of
Nanny
911.

> I know that parents can't always control their childs tantrums however
they
> certainly shouldn't give in to them - especially about something like
> sitting in your seat on an airplane on takeoff.

> > What do you think Beth? Don't you find the first two years to be the
most
> > important as to instilling what behaviors are acceptable and what
aren't?
> > mean, at the time, things like this weren't on TV programs and such.
When
> > my kids were young, I mean. That was back in the olden days of only
three
> > TV channels, ABC, CBS, & if one was lucky NBC. But I truly don't recall
> > having any major issues with the kids. They accompanied me nearly
> > everywhere I went, as there weren't grandparents or aunts to leave 'em
> > with.
> > And I could take them anywhere and count on them to behave and not break
> > anything. They even went to the dentist with me. They'd sit along the
> > wall
> > on the floor while I had my teeth worked on. My dentist enjoyed
> > *chatting*
> > with them. He thought they were a trip. He'd get them to tell him
> > *family
> > secrets* while mom had her mouth stuck open and couldn't tell 'em to be
> > quiet. ;-]

> I think that not only the kids habits are created in the early years but
the
> parents habits too. My brother's parenting drives me crazy. I remember
> when the Bitch (a FOND nickname for the younger niece -I swear its fond)
was
> a year and a half and any time anyone else would sing, she would say "NO
NO"
> and throw a fit. Her parents response was to have everyone stop singing,
> including her four year old sister (how FAIR IS THAT?). My response was
> sing louder and make everyone sing, because a one and half year old
doesnt'
> get too dictate everyone elses behavior. It really bothered me how often
> they expected Dana (my older niece) to give in to the little one - she had
> to give up toys, she couldnt' sing, it was truly horrible.

> It just takes a little consistency and a little forethought about what you
> are teaching your kid. You give in when the kid screams NO about your
> singing, what have you taught them?

Absolutely nothing except by screaming and yelling they can get their
own
way, and as you said 'everybody' in the house falls in order beneath
them.
:( It's a shame the older girl is involved too. I mean, the little
one
is going to milk getting her own way against her sister. Not exactly
*food*
for growing a close bond between sisters, I'd guess. Is your brother
older
or younger than you?

td

From: "Beth In Alaska" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:16:25 -0900

> "Beth In Alaska" > wrote in message

> snipped>
>> I've got a hella tantrumer/biter.pincher here. Its something we don't
>> "allow" but still difficult to extinguish. With months consistency and
>> by
>> making it clear that tantrums don't get you your way, we've gotten them
>> be VERY short. However, I haven't really worked on extinguishing the
>> tantrums, as I am using screaming or yelling as an alternative to biting
> or
>> pinching. I'd much rather have my kid scream than bite someone who took
>> away his toy.

> Yeah, I'm thinking screaming is better than biting or pinching. Have you
> tried the *naughty* chair? Robin uses it A LOT ;-) with jake and the
> twins. Well, it's not alot per kid, but when three are involved, the
> naughty chair see's it's share of inhabitants. Does the little guy go to
> daycare or playschool? Was just wondering because I wondered how he
> interacted with the other kids. I was watching Robin referee a dispute
> between Jake and Zack yesterday. It ended with them each saying they were
> *sorry* and giving a hug. Of course it wasn't as quick and simple as I
> typed it out here, but that's the way it ended anyway, courtesy of Nanny
> 911.

We do time outs, sure. They dont' magically extinguish temper tantrums

though.

>> It just takes a little consistency and a little forethought about what
>> you
>> are teaching your kid. You give in when the kid screams NO about your
>> singing, what have you taught them?

> Absolutely nothing except by screaming and yelling they can get their own
> way, and as you said 'everybody' in the house falls in order beneath them.
> :( It's a shame the older girl is involved too. I mean, the little one
> is going to milk getting her own way against her sister. Not exactly
> *food*
> for growing a close bond between sisters, I'd guess. Is your brother
> older
> or younger than you?

My brothers older. He spoiled the hell out of me too. But my mother
wouldnt' have allowed him to coddle my tantrums. My brother actually
cuddles her and says "Ohhh, poor baby" when shes throwing a fit. Its
horrible.

The sisters are quite close, thank goodness.

0:->
January 24th 07, 04:13 PM
Greegor wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.true-crime/browse_thread/thread/61359d4af8376cda/818922ea390c63a2?hl=en#818922ea390c63a2
>
> Newsgroups: alt.true-crime
> Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane
>
> From: "tiny dancer" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:48:28 -0500
>
> The results a law that would forbid a parent from *spanking/popping on
> the
> butt* whatever you want to call it, an unruly disruptive child in whom
> all
> other *methods* of discipline have failed. By the time a kid reaches
> three,
> they should have already been taught to *listen* to their parents.
> Especially in situations such as this one. 15 minutes is a long time
> have to *reason with* a child who is throwing a tantrum IMO. And why
> should
> the other hundred plus passengers have to put up with this crap?

Presuming you are in accord with the poster Greg, but are too cowardly
to present your stupid ignorant biases yourself, I'll answer to YOU, and
of course invite you to argue 'your' position, or if you wish, clarify
where you agree or not with the poster.

Let's start with answering that last question.

One: Spanking does not stop this kind of behavior from reoccurring. Thus
the parents will have to look forward to, given the age of the child and
her incapacity typical to three year olds to understand the
circumstance, yet more spankings to control the child in such
circumstances.

Two: The presumption the child is deliberately inconveniencing the
adults present is an error in thinking promulgated by inaccurate
information about what a three year old is up to.

Three: Any small child (or even older one, such as Greg or Doan and
their current guest) will tend to, in new and unfamiliar situations,
react inappropriately to the expectations of the adults who would prefer
the child act as they would with each other.

Oddly, adults DO have these very kinds of reaction in NEW unfamiliar
situations. In fact this characteristic of "excitation" in humans, young
and old, is exploited profitably by large and small enterprise.

What would one think of people so overcome with inhibitory decorum as to
not "ooo" and "ahhhh" at major tourist attractions, and not squeal with
delight at the various "rides" and tours within a theme park, like
Disneyland, for instance.

The child was distracted by her surroundings. Much new to explore (to a
three year old even the forth or fifth trip on a plane would be a
wonderland to explore, and be both delighted with and anxious about.

That's why we call them children and presume to protect and guide them.

Four: The point was made that 'something should have been done.'

The point apparently was missed that indeed something was.

When you consider stories of aircraft sitting on the tarmac for five
hours before being allowed to depart, I hardly think 15 minutes is a
shocking abuse of power by a child.

The article, Greg and and other arrested children in this newsgroup, is
FUNNY.

Parents and people in the vicinity of children are usually tolerant of
and even accepting of children's limitations as they learn to
accommodate to society at their normal pace.

BEATING THEM INTO SUBMISSION TO FORMS OF BEHAVIOR THEY HAVE NOT
PRACTICED, DO NOT UNDERSTAND, AND ARE CONTRARY TO THE NATURAL
EXPLORATORY AND REACTIVE BEHAVIOR THAT IS PART OF AND IMPORTANT TO
CHILDHOOD...is, to say the least, destructive of child and society.

Such practices create the mentally ill, the addicted, and the criminal.

The title shows the author's playing with your mind. And does so in the
first sentence to the article.

"Crying" equals "Temper?"

Jim is, to say the least, being sloppy with language. But then that's
journalistic license for you, and it does tend to hold your attention,
children, with more exciting things happening than the real event likely
produced. The article is screaming at you little inexperienced children,
"TODDLER'S TEMPER TANTRUM CONTROLS A PLANE LOAD OF ADULTS," (and in
small type, for fifteen minutes).

You been had, my little duckies.

R R R R R RR R R R

Greg at his finest, of course, uses the users to pretend to maturity he
lacks.

The article, which likely few of you have read to the end, shows the
airline doing exactly what parents should do with a child that is losing
control (a vicious dangerous manipulative controlling power-monger of
THREE....RRRRRRR) and simply remove the child from the situation.

My own children learned early on that if they were reactive to a new
situation that I would take them with me to a calmer more familiar
place, say from a shoe store to our car, and sit patently with them
while they calmed....they soon learned self calming...not because I
punished, but because I helped them calm then returned to the new
exciting place with them.

This is how well behaved citizens are made. Whacking the is a near
guarantee that they will become anxious and difficult in the next new
experience.

This, whacking, is how the ignorant, narcissistic, inverted, passive
aggressive, or aggressive is made.

We meet them in mental wards, drug and alcohol treatment centers, and
prisons all the time.

And sometimes in unregulated public forums where they do not have to
directly account, usually, for their behaviors related to their
ignorant, narcissistic, inverted, passive aggressive, or aggressive
character let loose on others.

Like being able to give dangerous advice, such as forcing the state to
take one to TPR, and not having to take the loss if such a tactic fails
and the children are lost.

So, Greg. Didjah like my little segue?

Want to guess who my hero was that I borrowed that model from?

R R R RRR R RR R R RRR R RRRRRRRRRRR RR R

Kane

> [...]
>>> are teaching your kid. You give in when the kid screams NO about your
>>> singing, what have you taught them?
>
>> Absolutely nothing except by screaming and yelling they can get their own
>> way, and as you said 'everybody' in the house falls in order beneath them.
>> :( It's a shame the older girl is involved too. I mean, the little one
>> is going to milk getting her own way against her sister. Not exactly
>> *food*
>> for growing a close bond between sisters, I'd guess. Is your brother
>> older
>> or younger than you?
>
> My brothers older. He spoiled the hell out of me too. But my mother
> wouldnt' have allowed him to coddle my tantrums. My brother actually
> cuddles her and says "Ohhh, poor baby" when shes throwing a fit. Its
> horrible.
>
> The sisters are quite close, thank goodness.

Greegor
January 24th 07, 09:05 PM
Any bets on whether these people believe in spanking Kane?

> [...]
> >> daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap. The
> >> request was denied.
>
> >> She was removed because ``she was climbing under the seat and hitting the
> >> parents and wouldn't get in her seat'' during boarding, Graham-Weaver said.
>
> >> The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the
> >> three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.
>
> >> They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies,
> >> Graham-Weaver said.
>
> >> The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.
>
> > And AirTran and it's customers thank the idiot!
>
> > From: "Beth In Alaska" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:25:00 -0900
>
> > "tiny dancer" > wrote in message
>
> >> The results a law that would forbid a...
>
> read more »- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0:->
January 24th 07, 09:28 PM
Greegor wrote:
> Any bets on whether these people believe in spanking Kane?

Yes, they do. They just know better than to start whalin' on a kid in
public, for simply being a normal kid.

I make that assumption for two reasons. At three my children were
already well socialized. My patience and very simple methods, mostly
based on being patient and supportive as I learned from ANIMAL training,
of all things, paid off.

I learned early on that an anxious 1200 lb horse required my patience or
I could get hurt. So could the horse.

So with patience I taught horses a great many different skills.

While I don't have to be fearful of 50 lb kid, I do about how the turn
out then they are a 150 lb teenager, with the keys to the car and
everywhere to go.

If they learned controlled by me, that will take them just so far. For
you see, I did not follow my teens everywhere.

So they used what they had learned. .... self-control.

Wake up and smell the coffee stupid.

If you didn't learn not to hit when you were "training your cat to do
dog tricks," my friend, then you are lying when you claimed it.

And cats are about as intellectually developed as a 3 year old, maybe less.

Go ahead, hit a cat to teach him to sit up and beg. Tell us how it goes,
dummy.

And be glad he'll never reach a hundred pounds and take you by the neck,
shred your kidneys right out of your body and eat you while you are
still alive, like a cat eats a gopher.

Greg, do you honestly think our dangerous criminals from from families
that don't use CP to "train" them?

By the way, is your comment a formal invitation to debate this issue?

Kane

>>> Toddler's Temper Ousts Family From Plane
>>> By JIM ELLIS
>>> ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision
>>> remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying
>>> 3-year-old
>>> daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.
>>> AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration
>>> rules
>>> that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a
>>> seat
>>> belt upon takeoff.
>>> "The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other
>>> 112
>>> passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to
>>> remove the
>>> family,'' AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.
>>> Julie and Gerry Kulesza, who were headed home to Boston on Jan. 14 from
>>> Fort
>>> Myers, said they just needed a little more time to calm their daughter,
>>> Elly.
>>> "We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or
>>> anything,''
>>> Julie Kulesza said in a telephone interview Tuesday.
>>> The Kuleszas said they told a flight attendant they had paid for their
>>> daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap.
>>> The
>>> request was denied.
>>> She was removed because "she was climbing under the seat and hitting
>>> the
>>> parents and wouldn't get in her seat'' during boarding, Graham-Weaver
>>> said.
>>> The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of
>>> the
>>> three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.
>>> They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline
>>> flies,
>>> Graham-Weaver said.
>>> The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.
>>> http://gatewaynet.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story.jsp?floc=NW_3-T&...
>>> From: "bessie" Date: 23 Jan 2007 11:04:32 -0800
>>> And AirTran and it's customers thank the idiot!
>>> From: "Beth In Alaska" Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:25:00 -0900
>> read more »- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0:->
January 25th 07, 12:07 AM
0:-> wrote:
> Greegor wrote:
>> Any bets on whether these people believe in spanking Kane?
>
> Yes, they do. They just know better than to start whalin' on a kid in
> public, for simply being a normal kid.
>
> I make that assumption for two reasons. At three my children were
> already well socialized. My patience and very simple methods, mostly
> based on being patient and supportive as I learned from ANIMAL training,
> of all things, paid off.
>
> I learned early on that an anxious 1200 lb horse required my patience or
> I could get hurt. So could the horse.
>
> So with patience I taught horses a great many different skills.
>
> While I don't have to be fearful of 50 lb kid, I do about how the turn
> out then they are a 150 lb teenager, with the keys to the car and
> everywhere to go.
>
> If they learned controlled by me, that will take them just so far. For
> you see, I did not follow my teens everywhere.
>
> So they used what they had learned. .... self-control.
>
> Wake up and smell the coffee stupid.
>
> If you didn't learn not to hit when you were "training your cat to do
> dog tricks," my friend, then you are lying when you claimed it.
>
> And cats are about as intellectually developed as a 3 year old, maybe less.
>
> Go ahead, hit a cat to teach him to sit up and beg. Tell us how it goes,
> dummy.
>
> And be glad he'll never reach a hundred pounds and take you by the neck,
> shred your kidneys right out of your body and eat you while you are
> still alive, like a cat eats a gopher.
>
> Greg, do you honestly think our dangerous criminals from from families
> that don't use CP to "train" them?
>
> By the way, is your comment a formal invitation to debate this issue?
>
> Kane

>>> read more »- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text

Greegor
January 25th 07, 01:06 AM
Kane:
The footage in their home tends to indicate they are not spankers.

0:->
January 25th 07, 02:17 AM
Greegor wrote:
> Kane:
> The footage in their home tends to indicate they are not spankers.

If you can't contribute then shut your ****ing piehole, pimple face.

Please post what you refer to, and stop the asinine games of forcing
people to ask for things from you.

Your passive aggressive nonsense has reached pathological proportions.

Soon I will begin ignoring your bull**** manipulation and treat you to a
full bore Kenneration.

We all tire of your ****ing self absorbed little whiny "pay attention
me" crap.

We KNOW you are pimple on a dog's ass. You really don't need to continue
demonstrating it.

No won't Lisa wouldn't marry you until she sees the money ship dock.

Probably a more manipulative PA than you are.

0:->

Greegor
January 25th 07, 09:24 AM
Are you going to try "Where there's smoke there's fire" again Mister
15 investigations and 5 foundeds reversed?

Why don't you accuse me of being IRISH mister O'Sullivan?

On Jan 25, 1:42 am, "Dan Sullivan" > wrote:
> On Jan 24, 8:06 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
>
> > Kane:
> > The footage in their home tends to indicate they are not spankers.The fact that your girlfriend lost custody of her daughter for SIX
> YEARS "tends to indicate" that the little girl was removed for far more
> than "vclutter."
>
> Parents incarcerated for manslaughter get released and get their kids
> back in less time.

0:->
January 25th 07, 04:17 PM
Greegor wrote:
> Are you going to try "Where there's smoke there's fire" again Mister
> 15 investigations and 5 foundeds reversed?
>
> Why don't you accuse me of being IRISH mister O'Sullivan?

Greg, it's not just smoke when an unrelated male sets up showering
trysts with six year old girls by finding some excuse to punish her with
cold water showers.

She could have been left alone to clean up on her own.

But she'd have used warm unless you were present.

Fire enough for you?

0:-]

> On Jan 25, 1:42 am, "Dan Sullivan" > wrote:
>> On Jan 24, 8:06 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
>>
>>> Kane:
>>> The footage in their home tends to indicate they are not spankers.The fact that your girlfriend lost custody of her daughter for SIX
>> YEARS "tends to indicate" that the little girl was removed for far more
>> than "vclutter."
>>
>> Parents incarcerated for manslaughter get released and get their kids
>> back in less time.

Greegor
January 29th 07, 11:19 PM
Kane I'm surprised you're not arguing that
locking a kid in a seat with restraints is abusive!

0:->
January 30th 07, 03:33 AM
Greegor wrote:
> Kane I'm surprised you're not arguing that
> locking a kid in a seat with restraints is abusive!

Why?

Are their some clues in my prior postings?

Or have you created an image of me based more on your own delusions and
fantasies?

Have you, in other words, to justify your unwarranted attacks (even on
other than me) demonized us, and me?

Please explain.

I'm doing a study.

0.-]