PDA

View Full Version : Re: Iowa says untidy houses are NOT basis for removal

Greegor
February 27th 07, 06:46 PM
On Feb 26, 8:40 pm, "Dan Sullivan" > wrote:
> On Feb 26, 9:27 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
>
> OT
>
> Start a new thread, dingleberry.

Did you think this important agency declaration about
"untidy houses" wasn't relevant to this story? How is that Dan?

On Feb 26, 8:27 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
> http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007702210437
>
> Iowans on 'Wife Swap' trigger viewers' fears
> State officials find no credible reports of abuse. The Haigwoods are
> home-schooled and eat a raw food diet.
>
> BY JENNIFER JACOBS AND ERIN CRAWFORD REGISTER STAFF WRITERS
> February 21, 2007
>
> State child abuse officials were peppered with complaints from across
> the country Tuesday after an Iowa family was featured on the
> television show "Wife Swap" eating raw eggs and meat, living in anuntidyhome, and seemingly letting the children go unschooled.
>
> State officials said there appears to be no child abuse in this case.
> An unorthodox diet and messy housekeeping don't amount to abuse, and
> the parents have filed the proper paperwork to home-school their two
> teenage children.
>
> Barb and Mike Haigwood, who raise organic food on a farm near Massena,
> applied to appear on "Wife Swap," which asks two wives leading
> dramatically different lives to exchange roles for two weeks. The
> episode aired Monday night on ABC.
>
> The Haigwoods' children, Aleesha, 13, and Lee, 16, said they do not go
> to school, and the boy said his schooling includes counting how many
> eggs his chickens produce.
>
> Barb Haigwood, 37, said she believes in eating every two to three
> hours, so she wakes the children during the night to drink a beverage
> containing kefir, a yogurt-like product.
>
> The Iowa Department of Human Services logged a number of calls to its
> child abuse hot line, as well as at least 10 messages e-mailed to its
> Web site, said spokesman Roger Munns. The agency director received one
> fax.
>
> DHS only investigates child abuse and neglect cases when there is a
> credible report that, if proven true, would amount to abuse, Munns
> said.
>
> "None of these reports rise to that threshold," he said. "People who
> eat unusual food and feed it to their children are not abusive, nor
> are people whose houses are not tidy."
>
> The Haigwoods filed paperwork proving competent private schooling, as
> the law requires, said Steve Pelzer, superintendent of the Cumberland
> and Massena school district. A licensed teacher from the West Des
> Moines area monitors the children's progress, he said.
>
> On Tuesday, Barb Haigwood said the family could not comment unless
> reporters go through ABC's public relations department. A spokesman
> for the network could not be reached Tuesday afternoon.
>
> Previously, Haigwood had told the Register that she and her family eat
> nothing but raw food - eggs and meat included. They adopted this plan,
> which eliminates additives or dyes, as a way to deal with health
> problems related to their daughter's attention deficit disorder.

0:->
February 27th 07, 07:00 PM
Greegor wrote:
> On Feb 26, 8:40 pm, "Dan Sullivan" > wrote:
>> On Feb 26, 9:27 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
>>
>> OT
>>
>> Start a new thread, dingleberry.
>
> Did you think this important agency declaration about
> "untidy houses" wasn't relevant to this story? How is that Dan?

Nope. But if that's what you meant, why not say so in the first post?

Or are you just doing another of your passive aggressive stunts?

So, tell us, what IS the connection between the original case in this
thread, that had what is propported to be an horrendous living condition
situation and this one WHERE THE PUBLIC CALLED IN, Doan?

CPS didn't make a connection...the public did, and CPS rejected the
public's claim of abuse.

Got ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT, or is needle stuck in the Fern groove of
what ever it is it has to be CPS fault?

Did you not bother to read this part, or in your hysteria to blame CPS
for a SOCIETAL ERROR, miss this?:

"The Iowa Department of Human Services logged a number of calls to its
child abuse hot line, as well as at least 10 messages e-mailed to its
Web site, said spokesman Roger Munns. The agency director received one
fax.

DHS only investigates child abuse and neglect cases when there is a
credible report that, if proven true, would amount to abuse, Munns
said.

"None of these reports rise to that threshold," he said. "People who
eat unusual food and feed it to their children are not abusive, nor
are people whose houses are not tidy."

It must have rubbed you raw to see Iowa CPS doing you what you claim it
doesn't do...protect families.

They stood up for parents RIGHTS, YOU LITTLE ****ANT who attacks every
parent coming here for help, and all those that have succeeded against CPS.

Got anything to say for yourself, you cur?

Explain why you are once again blaming CPS for something they not only
did not do but in fact STOPPED OTHERS FROM DOING.

Come on....answer up you little piece of dog ****.

RRR R R R R R R RR RRRRR

> On Feb 26, 8:27 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
>> http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007702210437
>>
>> Iowans on 'Wife Swap' trigger viewers' fears
>> State officials find no credible reports of abuse. The Haigwoods are
>> home-schooled and eat a raw food diet.
>>
>> BY JENNIFER JACOBS AND ERIN CRAWFORD REGISTER STAFF WRITERS
>> February 21, 2007
>>
>> State child abuse officials were peppered with complaints from across
>> the country Tuesday after an Iowa family was featured on the
>> television show "Wife Swap" eating raw eggs and meat, living in anuntidyhome, and seemingly letting the children go unschooled.
>>
>> State officials said there appears to be no child abuse in this case.
>> An unorthodox diet and messy housekeeping don't amount to abuse, and
>> the parents have filed the proper paperwork to home-school their two
>> teenage children.
>>
>> Barb and Mike Haigwood, who raise organic food on a farm near Massena,
>> applied to appear on "Wife Swap," which asks two wives leading
>> dramatically different lives to exchange roles for two weeks. The
>> episode aired Monday night on ABC.
>>
>> The Haigwoods' children, Aleesha, 13, and Lee, 16, said they do not go
>> to school, and the boy said his schooling includes counting how many
>> eggs his chickens produce.
>>
>> Barb Haigwood, 37, said she believes in eating every two to three
>> hours, so she wakes the children during the night to drink a beverage
>> containing kefir, a yogurt-like product.
>>
>> The Iowa Department of Human Services logged a number of calls to its
>> child abuse hot line, as well as at least 10 messages e-mailed to its
>> Web site, said spokesman Roger Munns. The agency director received one
>> fax.
>>
>> DHS only investigates child abuse and neglect cases when there is a
>> credible report that, if proven true, would amount to abuse, Munns
>> said.
>>
>> "None of these reports rise to that threshold," he said. "People who
>> eat unusual food and feed it to their children are not abusive, nor
>> are people whose houses are not tidy."
>>
>> The Haigwoods filed paperwork proving competent private schooling, as
>> the law requires, said Steve Pelzer, superintendent of the Cumberland
>> and Massena school district. A licensed teacher from the West Des
>> Moines area monitors the children's progress, he said.
>>
>> On Tuesday, Barb Haigwood said the family could not comment unless
>> reporters go through ABC's public relations department. A spokesman
>> for the network could not be reached Tuesday afternoon.
>>
>> Previously, Haigwood had told the Register that she and her family eat
>> nothing but raw food - eggs and meat included. They adopted this plan,
>> which eliminates additives or dyes, as a way to deal with health
>> problems related to their daughter's attention deficit disorder.

Dan Sullivan
February 27th 07, 08:28 PM
On Feb 27, 1:46 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
> On Feb 26, 8:40 pm, "Dan Sullivan" > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 26, 9:27 pm, "Greegor" > wrote:
>
> > OT
>
> > Start a new thread, dingleberry.
>
> Did you think this important agency declaration about
> "untidy houses" wasn't relevant to this story? How is that Dan?

Your "important agency declaration" is from Iowa.

The story I posted is about a house in New York.

And the story I posted wasn't about an "untidy house" was it,
dingleberry?

YOU even said "This is not mere clutter or hoarding, it's hardcore
mental illness."

So it's a different state and according to you, it's not an untidy
house.

But YOU see relevance?

Start your own thread, dingleberry.

Better yet, start your own newsgroup.

That way everything YOU post will be relevant... to YOUR mental
illness.

GFYS, Greg.