PDA

View Full Version : Maya Wrap newborn vertical - safety?

Akuvikate
July 10th 03, 07:23 AM
Both my Bug (4 weeks) and I love the newborn vertical carry in the
Maya Wrap sling, which I started using a few days ago. However, I
noticed yesterday that there's a pretty hefty gap between me and the
sling on the ring side. It makes me a little nervous about using that
carry for fear of here slipping through. On the plus side she's
essentially always asleep in the sling, so not particularly squirmy,
but it still seems like there's enough room for her to slip out.
Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or know how to compensate for
that?

Thanks,

Kate
and Bug June 8 2003

Laurie
July 10th 03, 01:30 PM
Akuvikate wrote in message ...
>Both my Bug (4 weeks) and I love the newborn vertical carry in the
>Maya Wrap sling, which I started using a few days ago. However, I
>noticed yesterday that there's a pretty hefty gap between me and the
>sling on the ring side. It makes me a little nervous about using that
>carry for fear of here slipping through. On the plus side she's
>essentially always asleep in the sling, so not particularly squirmy,
>but it still seems like there's enough room for her to slip out.
>Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or know how to compensate for
>that?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kate

Make sure you have the MW well under her knees for added security, not just
under her bum. As for the gap, I usually just pull the rings tighter than
with another hold.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 12 weeks