PDA

View Full Version : VeriChip shares jump after H1N1 patent license win

john[_5_]
October 18th 09, 09:19 PM
VeriChip shares jump after H1N1 patent license win
Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:21pm EDT

(Reuters) - Shares of VeriChip Corp (CHIP.O) tripled after the company said
it had been granted an exclusive license to two patents, which will help it
to develop implantable virus detection systems in humans.

The patents, held by VeriChip partner Receptors LLC, relate to biosensors
that can detect the H1N1 and other viruses, and biological threats such as
methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, VeriChip said in a statement.

The technology will combine with VeriChip's implantable radio frequency
identification devices to develop virus triage detection systems.

The triage system will provide multiple levels of identification -- the
first will identify the agent as virus or non-virus, the second level will
classify the virus and alert the user to the presence of pandemic threat
viruses and the third level will identify the precise pathogen, VeriChip
said in a white paper published May 7, 2009.

Shares of VeriChip were up 186 percent at $3.28 Monday late afternoon trade
on Nasdaq. They had touched a year high of $3.43 earlier in the session.

(Reporting by Mansi Dutta in Bangalore; Editing by Mike Miller and Anil
D'Silva)

http://www.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUSTRE58K4BZ20090921

john[_5_]
October 18th 09, 09:33 PM
Hitachi develops RFID powder
http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/02/hitachi-develops-rfid-powder/#c...

Hitachi develops super-tiny RFID chips ---

Hitachi’s new RFID chips (pictured on right, next to a human hair) are 64
times smaller than their mu-chips (left)

RFID keeps getting smaller. On February 13, Hitachi unveiled a tiny, new
“powder” type RFID chip measuring 0.05 x 0.05 mm — the smallest yet — which
they aim to begin marketing in 2 to 3 years (Information from 2007!!!).

By relying on semiconductor miniaturization technology and using electron
beams to write data on the chip substrates, Hitachi was able to create RFID
chips 64 times smaller than their currently available 0.4 x 0.4 mm mu-chips.
Like mu-chips, which have been used as an anti-counterfeit measure in
admission tickets, the new chips have a 128-bit ROM for storing a unique
38-digit ID number.

The new chips are also 9 times smaller than the prototype chips Hitachi
unveiled last year, which measure 0.15 x 0.15 mm.

At 5 microns thick, the RFID chips can more easily be embedded in sheets of
paper, meaning they can be used in paper currency, gift certificates and
identification. But since existing tags are already small enough to embed in
paper, it leads one to wonder what new applications the developers have in
mind.

[Source: Fuji Sankei]

http://www.pinktentacle.com/images/hitachi_rfid1.jpg

Hitachi’s new RFID chips (pictured on right, next to a human hair) are 64
times smaller than their mu-chips (left)

Happy Oyster
October 18th 09, 10:01 PM
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:33:41 +0100, "john" > wrote:

>Hitachi develops RFID powder
>http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/02/hitachi-develops-rfid-powder/#c...
>
>Hitachi develops super-tiny RFID chips ---

Bla, bla, bla.

We wrote about these things 8 years ago!

http://www.ariplex.com/tina/tina_top.htm

http://www.ariplex.com/petra/petracom.htm

--
How a sect kills YOUR children

http://www.pharmamafia.com

Mark Thorson
October 18th 09, 10:16 PM
Happy Oyster wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:33:41 +0100, "john" > wrote:
>
> >Hitachi develops RFID powder
> >http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/02/hitachi-develops-rfid-powder/#c...
> >
> >Hitachi develops super-tiny RFID chips ---
>
> Bla, bla, bla.
>
> We wrote about these things 8 years ago!
>
> http://www.ariplex.com/tina/tina_top.htm
>
> http://www.ariplex.com/petra/petracom.htm

Yes, we've been using them in pharmaceuticals and
high-end nutraceuticals for several years now
as an anti-counterfitting measure. Most people
are carrying a few dozen of them in the layer
of undigested food clinging to the inside of their
intestines. If you take a dozen or more dietary
supplements a day, you could easily have thousands
of them. Not to worry though, they're completely
safe. Semiconductor-grade silicon is one of the
purest and safest substances on Earth.

Or something like that. :-)

Peter Bowditch
October 18th 09, 11:50 PM
Mark Thorson > wrote:

>Happy Oyster wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:33:41 +0100, "john" > wrote:
>>
>> >Hitachi develops RFID powder
>> >http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/02/hitachi-develops-rfid-powder/#c...
>> >
>> >Hitachi develops super-tiny RFID chips ---
>>
>> Bla, bla, bla.
>>
>> We wrote about these things 8 years ago!
>>
>> http://www.ariplex.com/tina/tina_top.htm
>>
>> http://www.ariplex.com/petra/petracom.htm
>
>Yes, we've been using them in pharmaceuticals and
>high-end nutraceuticals for several years now
>as an anti-counterfitting measure. Most people
>are carrying a few dozen of them in the layer
>of undigested food clinging to the inside of their
>intestines. If you take a dozen or more dietary
>supplements a day, you could easily have thousands
>of them. Not to worry though, they're completely
>safe. Semiconductor-grade silicon is one of the
>purest and safest substances on Earth.

It's a cell salt!!!

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243