PDA

View Full Version : Tall generation

Annelies
July 11th 03, 02:32 PM
Hello!

I'm a single mom of a daughter (9) and a son (12).

I was wondering if anyone has the experience I have of having a VERY
tall child. My daughter is 5'3" and it's next to impossible to find
clothing that fit her(thank God for sewing machines) and she's, of
course, the tallest kid in her grade. There are however some other
tall girls in her class (making the boys look small!). She's also
quite a bit taller than her older brother. None of this seems to be an
issue for her at this moment. I'm just curious though, it seems we're
breeding a much taller generation of girls!

kind regards to all

Astromum
July 11th 03, 02:44 PM
Annelies wrote:

Seeing your name and lenght of your daughter, my first question:
are you Dutch? If you are, and live in the Netherlands, you may
be able to find some specialized kid's stores that have clothing
for tall kids. If not, I'm afraid your sowing machine will have
to do. I am dreading this problem, as DS is already wearing size
T2 and T3 (for 2-3 y/o), and here in the US there isn't much
clothing for tall and thin kids, especially boys...

I am tall myself, always have been, and it has always been a
problem in finding clothes. Length-wise, I need two sizes more
than width-wise, and it was even worse when I was younger. I
recall to be the tallest in my class for many years, until the
boys hit their growth-spurt at ages ~14-15.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)