PDA

View Full Version : 'pattern' for sling-type baby carrier?

P Harris
June 4th 04, 08:16 PM
You know how it is, you are browsing the web and you come across
something and think "gee, that's good info, but I'm not going to
bother bookmarking it because if I ever want to find it again I am
*sure* I can just google it up". Yeah, suuuure :-P

So, does anyone know where I might have seen directions for making
your own sling-type carrier? I hesitate to call it a 'pattern' since
IIRC it just gave general instructions regarding fabric size and type
and how to put it together, but, you know what I mean. I think it
*might* have been on a site that was also selling them, but I dunno.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

(Also if anyone has any comments they think I oughta hear about the
pros or cons of sling-type carriers for newborns and young infants,
fire away :-) )

Pat
edd July 21 but uncomfortable enough that I am rooting for the baby to
volunteer itself the day I turn 37 wks <hope hope hope>
(sorry, my reply-to address will not work, it just catches spam for
me)

V.
June 4th 04, 10:02 PM
http://www.mayawrap.com/n_sewsling.php

"P Harris" > wrote in message
om...
> You know how it is, you are browsing the web and you come across
> something and think "gee, that's good info, but I'm not going to
> bother bookmarking it because if I ever want to find it again I am
> *sure* I can just google it up". Yeah, suuuure :-P
>
> So, does anyone know where I might have seen directions for making
> your own sling-type carrier? I hesitate to call it a 'pattern' since
> IIRC it just gave general instructions regarding fabric size and type
> and how to put it together, but, you know what I mean. I think it
> *might* have been on a site that was also selling them, but I dunno.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> (Also if anyone has any comments they think I oughta hear about the
> pros or cons of sling-type carriers for newborns and young infants,
> fire away :-) )
>
> Pat
> edd July 21 but uncomfortable enough that I am rooting for the baby to
> volunteer itself the day I turn 37 wks <hope hope hope>
> (sorry, my reply-to address will not work, it just catches spam for
> me)

HollyLewis
June 5th 04, 03:13 AM
>So, does anyone know where I might have seen directions for making
>your own sling-type carrier? I hesitate to call it a 'pattern' since
>IIRC it just gave general instructions regarding fabric size and type
>and how to put it together, but, you know what I mean. I think it
>*might* have been on a site that was also selling them, but I dunno.

There are links to several here:
http://www.slingrings.com/patterns.php
(and this is also the best place to get your rings)

This may be the one you're remembering; it's a great pattern and Jan does make
and sell them as well:
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/index.html?Baby/sling.html

>Any pointers would be appreciated.

I don't sew at all, but I got my mother to make me a couple of slings using
Jan's instructions and she says it's very easy.

There is a Yahoo group called something like slingsewing, and a "Do It
Yourself" forum at www.thebabywearer.com where you could get any advice you may
need.

>(Also if anyone has any comments they think I oughta hear about the
>pros or cons of sling-type carriers for newborns and young infants,
>fire away :-) )

Sounds like there's no need to preach to the choir. :-) Slings rock. Can't
imagine how anyone manages without at least one.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
and Laurel, 1 week

P Harris
June 7th 04, 05:56 PM
Thank you both very much! Those are just the info I was looking for :-D

-Pat