PDA

View Full Version : August due dates

Mary S.
June 5th 04, 05:51 AM
How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life as
usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

Crystal Dreamer
June 5th 04, 02:55 PM
Mary S. wrote:
> How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
> Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life
> as usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
> doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
> happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
> Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
> Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

Well it's certainly been a ride for me! I'm feeling pretty good at the
moment. For the most part, I feel like a beached whale! I have a big
beautiful 54" waistline now, though I've only gained 10 pounds. The babies
are great, about 3 1/2 lbs a piece now. I have weekly cervical length
checks and biophysical profiles. The boys are beginning to make breathing
movements, and overall are doing wonderful. Last tuesday, Baby A was Vertex
and Baby B was Breech, though I think Baby B has since turned head down. My
cervical length is going down, down, down as it hit 1.5 cm, and is starting
to funnel and dilate slightly.

I don't feel braxton hicks, I don't even feel the true contractions! If it
weren't for the home monitoring, I wouldn't even know about them. I'm still
on modified bedrest, and have started getting a lot of nausea when I lay
down. It's also very hard to breath! I have a nurse coming in about an
hour or so to start me on a terbutaline pump. I'm a bit nervous about it,
but I've heard that it works great.

Cherie
June 6th 04, 03:12 AM
> > How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
> > Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life
> > as usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
> > doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
> > happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
> > Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
> > Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

Feeling pretty good so far, though I feel like a huge whale. I swear I am as
big now as I was when full term last time but I am sure its just my
imagination. I hope these next 2 months fly by. I am in Texas so it gets
unbearable hot here and with a toddler who loves being outside I cant help
but to suffer in the heat (and swell up like a balloon). I am currently
trying to figure out how to handle DS's 2nd birthday as the baby is due 8/6
and he turns 2 on 8/15, don't want him feeling left out.

Been feeling a few BHs. Defiantly have more aches and pains this time
around, especially groin and thigh tightness. Have everything lined up for
the birth with the hospital. Don't need to worry about maternity leave (I
don't think I qualify being a SAHM). Not worrying about taking a BFing class
(DS was BF until he was around 15 months, so I have more than enough
experience in that dept). We are taking a childbirth refresher class in July
which will include a tour of the hospital. I am having this baby at the same
hospital I gave birth to DS at but they have done a lot of construction in
the past 2 years there so its double the size it was the last time I was
there. Hormones aren't really much of a problem (though I do sob every time
this Toyota commercial comes on). Don't notice the secret smiles I get from
other women on the street (too busy chasing after a toddler to look at
anyone else). And I have not gotten any stretch marks (knock on wood - I
didn't have any last time either).

Good luck to us all and lots of baby dust to those TTC.

Cherie
mom to Jakob (22 months)
baby (Grace) EDD 8/6/04

A&G&K
June 6th 04, 11:03 PM
"Cherie" <cedgeworthATcopper.net> wrote in message

> Feeling pretty good so far, though I feel like a huge whale. I swear I am
as
> big now as I was when full term last time but I am sure its just my
> imagination. I hope these next 2 months fly by. I am in Texas so it gets
> unbearable hot here and with a toddler who loves being outside I cant
help
> but to suffer in the heat (and swell up like a balloon). I am currently
> trying to figure out how to handle DS's 2nd birthday as the baby is due
8/6
> and he turns 2 on 8/15, don't want him feeling left out.

LOL - we have the same problem with DD's 2nd birthday on 15/8 and I'm due
with this bub on 19/8.
I have organised presents (small ones) for DD to give the baby and for the
baby to give DD (a soft baby doll). Since she isn't too aware of birthdays
at the moment, we will have a small party with family when we are all home.

As for the heat - I really feel for you. I went through the nauseous/
throwing-up stage in our summer (Australia) where the temperatures were
between 32 and 42 degrees C (90 - 108 F) every day between late November and
mid March, and the humidity was generally 80% or higher.
DD spent *a lot* of time in her paddle pool and I spent the time either in
it with her or just with my feet in it (helps a lot). A spray bottle of
water can help too, even when the humidity is very high as it can be sprayed
on and wiped off with a towel. We also live near the beach (of sorts) and
spent a bit of time down there .. but not in the water where the sun was so
hot, rather, we were under the shade of the trees in the cooler breezes.
I have finally caved and asked that DH install and air conditioner in one
room of our house before next summer.

Stay cool
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Cherie
June 7th 04, 01:22 AM
"A&G&K" > wrote in message

> "Cherie" <cedgeworthATcopper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Feeling pretty good so far, though I feel like a huge whale. I swear I
am
> as
> > big now as I was when full term last time but I am sure its just my
> > imagination. I hope these next 2 months fly by. I am in Texas so it gets
> > unbearable hot here and with a toddler who loves being outside I cant
> help
> > but to suffer in the heat (and swell up like a balloon). I am currently
> > trying to figure out how to handle DS's 2nd birthday as the baby is due
> 8/6
> > and he turns 2 on 8/15, don't want him feeling left out.
>
> LOL - we have the same problem with DD's 2nd birthday on 15/8 and I'm due
> with this bub on 19/8.
> I have organised presents (small ones) for DD to give the baby and for the
> baby to give DD (a soft baby doll). Since she isn't too aware of
birthdays
> at the moment, we will have a small party with family when we are all
home.

> As for the heat - I really feel for you. I went through the nauseous/
> throwing-up stage in our summer (Australia) where the temperatures were
> between 32 and 42 degrees C (90 - 108 F) every day between late November
and
> mid March, and the humidity was generally 80% or higher.
> DD spent *a lot* of time in her paddle pool and I spent the time either in
> it with her or just with my feet in it (helps a lot). A spray bottle of
> water can help too, even when the humidity is very high as it can be
sprayed
> on and wiped off with a towel. We also live near the beach (of sorts)
and
> spent a bit of time down there .. but not in the water where the sun was
so
> hot, rather, we were under the shade of the trees in the cooler breezes.
> I have finally caved and asked that DH install and air conditioner in one
> room of our house before next summer.
>
> Stay cool
> Amanda
>
> --
> DD 15th August 2002
> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> EDD 19th August 2004

DS does not understand birthdays yet either but I don't want him to miss out
on a party (family coming over for cake & ice cream) because of the baby. I
have a list of items to get him for his birthday but still have not thought
of what to have the baby give him at the hospital.

Cherie
mom to Jakob (22 months)
baby Grace EDD 8/6/04

aml
June 7th 04, 04:22 AM
"Mary S." > wrote in message >...
> How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
> Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life as
> usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
> doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
> happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
> Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
> Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

I'm a late August due date...so not to seven months yet. I'm actually
still having to point out that I'm pregnant and not just fat to alot
of people (when out running errands). So...no smiles from other
women...that I've seen...but as someone else said, I'm usuallly
running after a toddler.

Sleeping is getting more difficult (actually...it's not the
sleeping...it's the getting comfortable part). Only got about 3 hours
one night last week. The DH and I are actually breaking down and
buying a bigger bed...we are both practically falling off due to all
the extra pillows. :) Luckily, we have a friend who works for a
mattress manufacturer and who can get us one for about 1/4 of the cost
retail.

The DH and I are still trying to decide if DS will be going to visit
the grandparents for a week or two before the baby is due. I'm not
completely comfortable with it...it's different when we visit and we
leave him with them for a few hours. Both sets of grandparents live in
the same town, very close to each other...but the moms don't get
along/speak to each other...and they live about a nine hour drive from
us.

Will be taking a refresher childbirth class starting at the end of
this month. Nursed DS for 13+ months, so don't think I'll need a BF
class. Would like to go see the hospital again...in case anything has
changed in 3 years.

My health insurance is changing at the end of the month and I'm not
looking forward to the headache that will likely ensue.

Lastly, I had an appointment on Friday that took an unexpected turn.
It was just supposed to be a quick check-up and I was primarily there
to take my glucose test (cross fingers) and check for Rh antibodies
(I'm O-, DH is O+, DS is O+). The doc was doing a quick check of the
baby's heartbeat with the doppler, as usual...and it just didn't sound
quite right. About an hour later I was at a perinatologist's office
having an ultrasound/echo of the baby's heart. Everything looks ok
structurally...but the heartbeat is definitely irregular. I've got a
follow up in two weeks to for another echo for comparison. Hopefully,
by then it will have righted itself...which apparently happens quite
frequently. We've been taking the potential situation in
stride...nothing we can do currently except for me to pay close
attention to the baby's movements and contact my doc if it I think
there is a problem (no/decreased movement).

Well..have to go..it's getting late.

aml

Sophie
June 7th 04, 12:12 PM
> The DH and I are still trying to decide if DS will be going to visit
> the grandparents for a week or two before the baby is due. I'm not
> completely comfortable with it...it's different when we visit and we
> leave him with them for a few hours. Both sets of grandparents live in
> the same town, very close to each other...but the moms don't get
> along/speak to each other...and they live about a nine hour drive from
> us.

As long as he's home before the baby is born. Not a good idea to send him
away and bring him back and hey, there's a new baby here. JMO of course.
Can you have your mom come instead?

> We've been taking the potential situation in
> stride...nothing we can do currently except for me to pay close
> attention to the baby's movements and contact my doc if it I think
> there is a problem (no/decreased movement).
>
> Well..have to go..it's getting late.
>
> aml

I hope that fixes itself.

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

Kim E.
June 7th 04, 01:28 PM
> "Mary S." > wrote in message >...
> > How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
> > Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life as
> > usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
> > doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
> > happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
> > Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
> > Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

Yes, I am enjoying my bowling ball tummy immensely! I love when people
comment on its perfect roundness! :) I've been having Braxton Hicks for
a while now, and have a few aches and pains. I'm trying to keep up my
exercising so as not to get rusty and more achey! Heartburn is my
constant companion, and that is not too fun.

Today I have a Dr. appt and am going to have a conversation with my OB
about his attitudes about natural childbirth, or at least having minimal
interventions. I am nervous as I don't want to end up having to switch
care providers this late, but I'll do what i have to do. I having been
having childbirth and breastfeeding dreams and am getting VERY excited
for baby to finally be here!!

-kim

Nikki
June 7th 04, 01:33 PM
Cherie wrote:

> DS does not understand birthdays yet either but I don't want him to
> miss out on a party (family coming over for cake & ice cream) because
> of the baby. I have a list of items to get him for his birthday but
> still have not thought of what to have the baby give him at the
> hospital.

My #1 turned 2 seven days after his brother was born. He was still pretty
shell shocked, lol. Not in a bad way, just not well rested yet, not
completely familiar with things yet. We had cake and a present with just dh
and I. If you wanted to do more then that I think I'd just reschedule is
b-day for the end of September :-) He'll never know and will probably enjoy
it more. In addition there was a lot of present opening around the birth of
the baby because he opened all the new baby presents, some people brought
him things etc. It is quite a whirl wind over the month of April for us now
with two b-days so close together and Easter in there too.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Leslie
June 7th 04, 04:24 PM
Nikki said:

>My #1 turned 2 seven days after his brother was born.

My #1 turned 3 a week after #2 was born. We had a pizza party at Chuck E.
Cheese and I remember being extremely miserable. It was a bouncy ride there
and my incision hurt. It was hot in the place and I was trying to nurse under
a big blanket. Emily was backsliding on potty training and I had to take her
in the bathroom and change her and I remember feeling just awful.

I'm not saying don't have a party, but have it at home, for sure!

Leslie

Em
June 9th 04, 03:10 PM
"aml" > wrote in message

> You are braver than I am ;). I glanced in the direction of the
> maternity bathing suits the other day...but couldn't bring myself to
> really look at them. I'm not normally really concerned with clothes
> (well, I'm a bargain shopper type)...but maternity wear is generally
> so ugly that I'm just trying to get through without buying much more.
> There's a part of me that really wants to get a suit though. DS loves
> going swimming, and though we have a wading pool set up in the back
> yard, it's just not the same as the municipal pool with it's slides
> and play structures.

I just wore my regular two piece bathing suit during pregnancy. DS was
born in Sept. so I was quite pregnant during the summer and spent a lot
of time in my parents' pool. I had one of those bathing suits with a
"boy leg" bottom and a bikini top. I thought I might have stretched it
out too much to keep wearing post-pregnancy, but I put it on last
weekend to get in the pool for the first time since wearing it at 36
weeks pregnant and it fit perfectly.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 8.5 months old

aml
June 22nd 04, 01:39 PM
Just an update...

I had the second fetal echocardiogram on Friday...and it turned out
normal. I am so relieved. The doctor thinks that the arhrythmia (sp?)
was just a sign of an as yet underdeveloped pacemaker, and that it has
now had time to develop. Thought I'd pass along my good news. :)

aml

EDD 8-27-04
DS 7-19-01