PDA

View Full Version : Re: Baby #2 on it way...and Q's...[Very long]

MomToN
June 9th 04, 09:41 AM
Thanks a bunch for all the wonderful advices!

I stopped taking doxinate since I am now worried about its
compatibility with BFing. I thought that what was safe for a pregnant
mom would be safe for a nursing mom. I must have been a fool to think
like that. But today went okay with minimal morning sickness.

Here is the doxinate that I am taking:
http://www.sigmalab.com/doxinate.htm

It was prescribed for my previous pregnancy when on certain days I had
to take IV for persistant vomiting.

I will watch my fluid intake and would continue BF-ing since that
gives me some happiness that I am still there for my DD. Thanks for
suggesting tandeming. I would certainly try that if my DD continues
BF-ing through my pregnancy. Thankfully so far in this 2nd time I have
no sore breasts!

VBAC is also something I wanted to try if it is safe. Since many of
you have had positive experiences (i was watching "scared of 2nd
c-section" thread too) I really hope to have it.

Your words of encouragement means a lot to me especially because my
even my DH was for abortion and my mom, if I tell her, she will also
be against this "so soon" pregnancy after c-section. It is out of
concern for me. But it was heart rending to hear my DH asking me to
kill our baby. I cried the whole time until I could make him agree and
finally after all the info I gathered from MKP I could convince him
that people do this...

Thank you so much and good vibes to all expectant moms!

Leslie
June 9th 04, 08:29 PM
>Your words of encouragement means a lot to me especially because my
>even my DH was for abortion and my mom, if I tell her, she will also
>be against this "so soon" pregnancy after c-section. It is out of
>concern for me. But it was heart rending to hear my DH asking me to
>kill our baby. I cried the whole time until I could make him agree and
>finally after all the info I gathered from MKP I could convince him
>that people do this...

Oh, wow. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how that made you feel.

Please keep coming here for more support as you need it!

Leslie

Dagny
June 10th 04, 03:39 AM
"MomToN" > wrote in message
om...

> Your words of encouragement means a lot to me especially because my
> even my DH was for abortion and my mom, if I tell her, she will also
> be against this "so soon" pregnancy after c-section. It is out of
> concern for me. But it was heart rending to hear my DH asking me to
> kill our baby. I cried the whole time until I could make him agree and
> finally after all the info I gathered from MKP I could convince him
> that people do this...

I hope from now on people treat you with the honor and kindness you deserve
as you nurture life.

> Thank you so much and good vibes to all expectant moms!

You're welcome!

Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
EDD 1/19/05

Dagny
June 10th 04, 03:44 AM
"MomToN" > wrote in message
om...

> I stopped taking doxinate since I am now worried about its
> compatibility with BFing. I thought that what was safe for a pregnant
> mom would be safe for a nursing mom. I must have been a fool to think
> like that.

Not a fool, and I have no idea if it is safe or not. But look at it like
this: doxinate affects your digestive system -- keeps you from throwing up.
Unborn babies don't use their digestive systems; born babies do. So that's
one reason it *might* have bad effect on a breastfeeding baby but not an
unborn baby. But I have no idea in this particular case. That's why, go
with Hales.

MomToN
June 10th 04, 12:33 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words! I feel so much better and all
the more ready to meet my darling #2...