<sigh>

So that's that.

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

Denise Anderson
June 9th 04, 09:02 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message
> Well we got the van back from the garage the Tuesday after the Memorial
Day
> weekend. The next day Dylan took all 3 kids to MI for a family party. On
> Sunday the van broke down. Oil went everywhere, killing the engine.
Either
> our insurance company will find it was a result of the accident/repair
work
> and we'll get a new engine (which it looks like they will). Or they won't
> and we'll spend $6000 on one. Or we'll consider it a write-off, get what
we
> can, and buy a new vehicle.
>
> I just want my van back. I looovvveee my van. But not if I'm always
going
> to be worried about something going wrong with it.
>
> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that
fits
> 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> <sigh>
>
> So that's that.

Ack! What crappy timing. I hope it all gets worked out soon.

Denise

Jamie Clark
June 9th 04, 09:35 PM
Hugs Sophie. I hope that either the insurance takes care of getting you a
nice new engine, or considers the van totaled and you get a new one that you
love even more!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Circe
June 9th 04, 09:42 PM
Sophie wrote:
> Well we got the van back from the garage the Tuesday after the
> Memorial Day weekend. The next day Dylan took all 3 kids to MI for
> a family party. On Sunday the van broke down. Oil went
> everywhere, killing the engine. Either our insurance company will
> find it was a result of the accident/repair work and we'll get a
> new engine (which it looks like they will). Or they won't and we'll
> spend $6000 on one. Or we'll consider it a write-off, get what we
> can, and buy a new vehicle.
>
> I just want my van back. I looovvveee my van. But not if I'm
> always going to be worried about something going wrong with it.
>
> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle
> that fits 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> <sigh>
>
> So that's that.

Oh, Sophie! That's awful, especially with #4 on the way so soon. I hope you
get what you want/need as soon as possible. (Now you're making me nervous
that something catastrophic is going to go wrong with *my* van because of
something that didn't get found when it was being repaired from my
accident!)

Are you able to get a rental car for the time being?
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

June 9th 04, 09:47 PM
That's such rotten timing, Sophie. I hope everything works out for
you well before #4 arrives.

Nenette

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:00:16 -0400, "Sophie" >
wrote:

>Well we got the van back from the garage the Tuesday after the Memorial Day
>weekend. The next day Dylan took all 3 kids to MI for a family party. On
>Sunday the van broke down. Oil went everywhere, killing the engine. Either
>our insurance company will find it was a result of the accident/repair work
>and we'll get a new engine (which it looks like they will). Or they won't
>and we'll spend $6000 on one. Or we'll consider it a write-off, get what we
>can, and buy a new vehicle.
>
>I just want my van back. I looovvveee my van. But not if I'm always going
>to be worried about something going wrong with it.
>
>I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that fits
>4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
><sigh>
>
>So that's that.
>
>Sophie
>#4 due July 7, 2004

Sophie
June 9th 04, 10:16 PM
> Oh, Sophie! That's awful, especially with #4 on the way so soon. I hope
you
> get what you want/need as soon as possible. (Now you're making me nervous
> that something catastrophic is going to go wrong with *my* van because of
> something that didn't get found when it was being repaired from my
> accident!)
>
> Are you able to get a rental car for the time being?
> --
> Be well, Barbara
> Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

My neighbor had a car accident about a month before I had mine. She said the
same thing to me - her worry is her SUV was fine, but now she'll have
problems with it cos of the accident. She actually hasn't even gotten hers
back yet!

If they determine it was repair/accident damage, we should get a rental.
That's what happened before. I guess if they don't though, we're out of
luck and have to rent it ourselves. Luckily my dad works for Enterprise :)
I *hate* cars now though and renting a minivan is kinda pricey.

Sophie
June 9th 04, 10:16 PM
> wrote in message
> That's such rotten timing, Sophie. I hope everything works out for
> you well before #4 arrives.
>
> Nenette

Thanks.

Sophie
June 9th 04, 10:16 PM
> Ack! What crappy timing. I hope it all gets worked out soon.
>
> Denise

I guess it's better now, then in a month or so, huh?

Still - ugh!

Sophie
June 9th 04, 10:17 PM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Hugs Sophie. I hope that either the insurance takes care of getting you a
> nice new engine, or considers the van totaled and you get a new one that
you
> love even more!
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03

I think I kinda like option 2 the more I think about it - lol.

Thanks.

A&G&K
June 9th 04, 10:55 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message
> Well we got the van back from the garage the Tuesday after the Memorial
Day
> weekend. The next day Dylan took all 3 kids to MI for a family party. On
> Sunday the van broke down. Oil went everywhere, killing the engine.
Either
> our insurance company will find it was a result of the accident/repair
work
> and we'll get a new engine (which it looks like they will). Or they won't
> and we'll spend $6000 on one. Or we'll consider it a write-off, get what
we
> can, and buy a new vehicle.
>
> I just want my van back. I looovvveee my van. But not if I'm always
going
> to be worried about something going wrong with it.
>
> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that
fits
> 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> <sigh>
>
> So that's that.
>
> Sophie
> #4 due July 7, 2004

I'm so sorry this happened Sophie.

Every time I hear a story like this it makes me thank my lucky stars that my
DH can repair almost anything mechanical.
When I had an accident several years ago, my car had to have a bit of body
work done as well as a new radiator and battery ... DH came with me to pick
it up and made them go over every item on the repair list with him ...
which is where he'd found that while they had charged my insurance company
for a brand new Holden radiator, they had actually used a second hand one.

I hope that everything works out in your favour ... and quickly!

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Sophie
June 9th 04, 11:12 PM
> I'm so sorry this happened Sophie.
>
> Every time I hear a story like this it makes me thank my lucky stars that
my
> DH can repair almost anything mechanical.
> When I had an accident several years ago, my car had to have a bit of body
> work done as well as a new radiator and battery ... DH came with me to
pick
> it up and made them go over every item on the repair list with him ...
> which is where he'd found that while they had charged my insurance company
> for a brand new Holden radiator, they had actually used a second hand one.
>
> I hope that everything works out in your favour ... and quickly!
>
> Amanda
>
> --
> DD 15th August 2002
> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> EDD 19th August 2004

Mechanics and dentists, you just have to take their word for it and I hate
it. I always feel like I'm being conned.

As for car work, Dylan can change oil and brakes, but that's it. He said it
didn't take a mechanic to see the connection was not on right, and since it
was exactly the part the garage replaced, it was their fault.

Unadulterated Me
June 9th 04, 11:24 PM
Sophie wrote:

> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that fits
> 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....

Oh no, we've been like that for the better part of a year, sharing one
car. My van died late last year and we've been saving for a new one, we
had been sharing Peters but it doesn't seat many, it has been most
trying to say the least. He's got a new work vehicle now, but we still
need a new people mover for me during the day (and when we need to all
go out). Fingers crossed it will only be a few more months, we've nearly
reached out saving target, but it's so tempting just to say stuff it
lets take out a loan lol

MCranEY05
June 10th 04, 12:30 AM
>I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that fits
>4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....

Sophie,

I swear your pregnancies go by super fast:)

About the van----was it paid off? Sam got in a car accident last August( a 19yr
old drunk driver), and they only paid high blue book for the truck. We got 8g(
the truck was a 94). We ended up getting a Jeep with a 5yr payment plan. This
bums us out because the truck was paid for. Grrrr.. I hope you get enough to
buy a comparable van and not have to worry about payments..etc.

I am sorry you are so uncomfy---you are almost there, sweetie :)

Jolinda

Sophie
June 10th 04, 01:01 AM
"MCranEY05" > wrote in message
> >I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that
fits
> >4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> Sophie,
>
> I swear your pregnancies go by super fast:)

This one *really* has to me.

> About the van----was it paid off?

Yep.

>Sam got in a car accident last August( a 19yr
> old drunk driver),

Oh that would make me mad.

>and they only paid high blue book for the truck. We got 8g(
> the truck was a 94). We ended up getting a Jeep with a 5yr payment plan.
This
> bums us out because the truck was paid for. Grrrr.. I hope you get enough
> buy a comparable van and not have to worry about payments..etc.

My dad looked it up and said he thought we'd get $12,000 for it. We can
afford to have a payment again but it was nice being done, ya know? Luckily
Dylan's car was paid off a long time ago, but it's now 10 yrs old (a Saturn)
and is starting to need some work, or to be sold.

It's really just the timing that makes it so stressful.

> I am sorry you are so uncomfy---you are almost there, sweetie :)
>
> Jolinda

Almost - lol :)

JennP
June 10th 04, 02:34 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that
fits
> 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> <sigh>
>
> So that's that.

Oh, car stress suck! I hope you can get it resolved. IMO, I think I'd look
for a good used vehicle. I agree that I'd probably always be wondering if
something was going to go wrong. I'm paranoid like that though.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Leslie
June 10th 04, 04:13 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Sophie. I share your pain--our Durango has this
problem that we just had "fixed" to the tune of $400, but it is actually just a
stop gap solution and could happen again at any time. So we need to be new car
shopping and I don't know how we will afford us or who we will find that is
gullible enough to finance it for us. ;-p

Leslie

June 10th 04, 09:43 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message >...

> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that fits
> 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....

Argh. What timing. I hope it works out well!

Cars are such a PITA. Mine went in to be appraised today because the
guy in front of us on the freeway was carrying a wicker dinette set on
the roof of his car while doing 80, and when it blew off DH clipped it
and cracked the headlight and bumper.

--
C, mama to nineteen month old nursling

melizabeth
June 10th 04, 11:34 AM
{{Sophie}} What a royal PITA! We're having car trouble too. UGH! Good
luck:)

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true
> wrote in message
m...
> "Sophie" > wrote in message
>
> > I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that
fits
> > 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> Argh. What timing. I hope it works out well!
>
> Cars are such a PITA. Mine went in to be appraised today because the
> guy in front of us on the freeway was carrying a wicker dinette set on
> the roof of his car while doing 80, and when it blew off DH clipped it
> and cracked the headlight and bumper.
>
> --
> C, mama to nineteen month old nursling

Catherine C.
June 10th 04, 06:37 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message >...
> Well we got the van back from the garage the Tuesday after the Memorial Day
> weekend. The next day Dylan took all 3 kids to MI for a family party. On
> Sunday the van broke down. Oil went everywhere, killing the engine. Either
> our insurance company will find it was a result of the accident/repair work
> and we'll get a new engine (which it looks like they will). Or they won't
> and we'll spend $6000 on one. Or we'll consider it a write-off, get what we
> can, and buy a new vehicle.
>
> I just want my van back. I looovvveee my van. But not if I'm always going
> to be worried about something going wrong with it.
>
> I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that fits
> 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> <sigh>
>
> So that's that.
>
> Sophie
> #4 due July 7, 2004

Ack! What a PITA! Hope you get the option you want. I've been
meaning to tell you that I think D must be some kind of amazing man to
take all 3 of the kids out of town for a week! Tell him I am *so*
impressed!...C.

A&G&K
June 10th 04, 10:35 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message
> > I'm so sorry this happened Sophie.
> >
> > Every time I hear a story like this it makes me thank my lucky stars
that
> my
> > DH can repair almost anything mechanical.
> > When I had an accident several years ago, my car had to have a bit of
body
> > work done as well as a new radiator and battery ... DH came with me to
> pick
> > it up and made them go over every item on the repair list with him ...
> > which is where he'd found that while they had charged my insurance
company
> > for a brand new Holden radiator, they had actually used a second hand
one.

> > I hope that everything works out in your favour ... and quickly!
> >
> > Amanda
> >
> > --
> > DD 15th August 2002
> > 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> > EDD 19th August 2004
>

> Mechanics and dentists, you just have to take their word for it and I hate
> it. I always feel like I'm being conned.
>
> As for car work, Dylan can change oil and brakes, but that's it. He said
it
> didn't take a mechanic to see the connection was not on right, and since
it
> was exactly the part the garage replaced, it was their fault.

That's good news. Does this mean that they have to replace your engine at
their expense?

DH is a mechanical design engineer at a company that not only manufactures
car parts, but they also fit them in their workshops .... one of the
apprentices failed to do the wheel nuts up propperly on a really expensive
new car last year.... you can imagine what happened and it was a miracle
that nobody was hurt. The workshop manager now double checks *everything*.

There are downsides to being married to someone very mechanically minded ...
every single relative we have thinks that he will fix their cars for free.
One of his sisters thinks our house is great as she not only gets her car
babysat while she is overseas on holiday (which she does every year), but
when she comes back, her car has been fully serviced and detailed.
Meanwhile, I'm *still* waiting for all the stuff I want / need done for the
house (we only got a kiddie gate made for the verandah at Easter this year
.... and DD had only been mobile for 14 months)!

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:00 AM
> That's good news. Does this mean that they have to replace your engine at
> their expense?

Yes! So I will get my beloved van back :)

> DH is a mechanical design engineer at a company that not only manufactures
> car parts, but they also fit them in their workshops .... one of the
> apprentices failed to do the wheel nuts up propperly on a really expensive
> new car last year.... you can imagine what happened and it was a miracle
> that nobody was hurt. The workshop manager now double checks
*everything*.

Oh!

> There are downsides to being married to someone very mechanically minded
> every single relative we have thinks that he will fix their cars for free.
> One of his sisters thinks our house is great as she not only gets her car
> babysat while she is overseas on holiday (which she does every year), but
> when she comes back, her car has been fully serviced and detailed.
> Meanwhile, I'm *still* waiting for all the stuff I want / need done for
the
> house (we only got a kiddie gate made for the verandah at Easter this year
> ... and DD had only been mobile for 14 months)!
>
> Amanda

Tell me about it! I'm married to The Tool Man. We go to his mom's, he
disappears in the basement for hours, fixing all kinds of things for her.
He does it at my parents house too - installs a ceiling fan for example.
Meanwhile our computer desk sat for *months* in pieces in our garage - lol.

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:02 AM
> Oh no, we've been like that for the better part of a year, sharing one
> car. My van died late last year and we've been saving for a new one, we
> had been sharing Peters but it doesn't seat many, it has been most
> trying to say the least. He's got a new work vehicle now, but we still
> need a new people mover for me during the day (and when we need to all
> go out). Fingers crossed it will only be a few more months, we've nearly
> reached out saving target, but it's so tempting just to say stuff it
> lets take out a loan lol

Well we could share a car but my husband works a good 30 minutes away, in
the opposite direction of where I need to go. Plus his car can't be driven
off base right now (things are expired which is fine with base, but not
town). But it'll be no good when we have #4.

Do you take all the kids out together often? What's the most you usually
take? I only take all of them once a week - when C has gymnastics. Other
than that, in the school year, since C goes by bus, I usually only have 2
kids. Then I drop P off and only have L anyway.

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:03 AM
> Oh, car stress suck! I hope you can get it resolved. IMO, I think I'd look
> for a good used vehicle. I agree that I'd probably always be wondering if
> something was going to go wrong. I'm paranoid like that though.
> --
> JennP.
>
> mom to Matthew 10/11/00
> EDD #2 10/24/04
> remove "no........spam" to reply

But I love my van :) I'm glad I'm getting it back but I'll be stressed out
till I do.

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:05 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> I'm so sorry to hear this, Sophie. I share your pain--our Durango has
this
> problem that we just had "fixed" to the tune of $400, but it is actually
just a
> stop gap solution and could happen again at any time. So we need to be
new car
> shopping and I don't know how we will afford us or who we will find that
is
> gullible enough to finance it for us. ;-p
>
> Leslie

Well we had just bought a new intake manifold (no idea what it is but I know
it cost $600). So after the accident my first question was "did the intake
manifold get hurt?" - lol.

It's hard to know what you're getting. Used car places are supposed to let
you know if it's been in an accident. Our friend looked up online the truck
he wanted, they didn't tell him it had been in an accident. He asked them
did they have anything to tell him, they said no, he was so mad and walked
out. Isn't that horrible?

Do you have a dream vehicle in mind? I love the GMC Envoy :)

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:06 AM
> wrote in message
m...
> "Sophie" > wrote in message
>
> > I'm sooo stressed with less than a month to go, needing a vehicle that
fits
> > 4 kids, getting so hot and uncomfy, etc....
>
> Argh. What timing. I hope it works out well!
>
> Cars are such a PITA. Mine went in to be appraised today because the
> guy in front of us on the freeway was carrying a wicker dinette set on
> the roof of his car while doing 80, and when it blew off DH clipped it
> and cracked the headlight and bumper.
>
> --
> C, mama to nineteen month old nursling

Oh no. Hope you get everything worked out quickly. Car stress is awful.

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:06 AM
"melizabeth" > wrote in message
> {{Sophie}} What a royal PITA! We're having car trouble too. UGH! Good
> luck:)
>
> --
> M~Elizabeth

Ugh, no way. Hope you work yours out soon too.

Sophie
June 11th 04, 01:07 AM
> Ack! What a PITA! Hope you get the option you want. I've been
> meaning to tell you that I think D must be some kind of amazing man to
> take all 3 of the kids out of town for a week! Tell him I am *so*
> impressed!...C.

Amazing or nuts?! Lol. Everyone has been *REALLY* surprised to find out he
took all 3 :)

A&G&K
June 11th 04, 01:54 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message
> > That's good news. Does this mean that they have to replace your engine
at
> > their expense?
>
> Yes! So I will get my beloved van back :)
>
> > DH is a mechanical design engineer at a company that not only
manufactures
> > car parts, but they also fit them in their workshops .... one of the
> > apprentices failed to do the wheel nuts up propperly on a really
expensive
> > new car last year.... you can imagine what happened and it was a miracle
> > that nobody was hurt. The workshop manager now double checks
> *everything*.
>
> Oh!
>
> > There are downsides to being married to someone very mechanically minded
> > every single relative we have thinks that he will fix their cars for
free.
> > One of his sisters thinks our house is great as she not only gets her
car
> > babysat while she is overseas on holiday (which she does every year),
but
> > when she comes back, her car has been fully serviced and detailed.
> > Meanwhile, I'm *still* waiting for all the stuff I want / need done for
> the
> > house (we only got a kiddie gate made for the verandah at Easter this
year
> > ... and DD had only been mobile for 14 months)!
> >
> > Amanda
>
> Tell me about it! I'm married to The Tool Man. We go to his mom's, he
> disappears in the basement for hours, fixing all kinds of things for her.
> He does it at my parents house too - installs a ceiling fan for example.
> Meanwhile our computer desk sat for *months* in pieces in our garage -
lol.

Yep - sounds all too familiar. Lately, I've found that threatening to *pay*
somebody else to do some jobs for me has meant some movement on the home
front :) (DH is even tighter with money than I am - and that's saying
something). The only thing that stops me is that I know that he will do a
fantastic (and perfectly engineered) job when he eventually gets round to
doing the jobs.
So far this weekend, he's been asked to go to his parent's farm to help with
some cattle work, fix his niece's car, and help my Dad fix his mower (but at
least the last one is literally a 2 minute job for DH).
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Leslie
June 11th 04, 04:18 AM
Sophie said:

>It's hard to know what you're getting. Used car places are supposed to let
>you know if it's been in an accident. Our friend looked up online the truck
>he wanted, they didn't tell him it had been in an accident. He asked them
>did they have anything to tell him, they said no, he was so mad and walked
>out. Isn't that horrible?

That IS horrible and good for him that he looked it up first!

>Do you have a dream vehicle in mind? I love the GMC Envoy :)

The Durango was my dream vehicle. :-( But we really do need something with
more seats if we are going to have one more after this one. We're looking at
the Toyota Siena that seats eight right now. I guess we should probably go
test drive one and get this show of the road. :-p

Leslie

Catherine C.
June 11th 04, 08:14 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message >...
> > Ack! What a PITA! Hope you get the option you want. I've been
> > meaning to tell you that I think D must be some kind of amazing man to
> > take all 3 of the kids out of town for a week! Tell him I am *so*
> > impressed!...C.
>
> Amazing or nuts?! Lol. Everyone has been *REALLY* surprised to find out he
> took all 3 :)

Lol...definitely *amazing*...how did it go/is it going for him? I can
imagine that having the van break down didn't help at all! Ack!...C.

Sophie
June 15th 04, 02:24 PM
"Catherine C." > wrote in message
m...
> "Sophie" > wrote in message
> > > Ack! What a PITA! Hope you get the option you want. I've been
> > > meaning to tell you that I think D must be some kind of amazing man to
> > > take all 3 of the kids out of town for a week! Tell him I am *so*
> > > impressed!...C.
> >
> > Amazing or nuts?! Lol. Everyone has been *REALLY* surprised to find
out he
> > took all 3 :)
>
> Lol...definitely *amazing*...how did it go/is it going for him? I can
> imagine that having the van break down didn't help at all! Ack!...C.

He said the kids were fine till someone else was around then they'd act up,
which is normal for them.
He has been *very* nice to me since he got home - lol.
Oh the whole van thing is such a pain. If we had someone we trusted in MI
we would just sell it and not bother bringing it back to NC honestly.

Cheryl S.
June 15th 04, 03:35 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message
> Oh the whole van thing is such a pain. If we had
> someone we trusted in MI we would just sell it and
> not bother bringing it back to NC honestly.

Do I qualify? :) -- I won't be offended if you say no, but I'd be
happy to help you out if I can. You've got too much to stress about
already. Where exactly is the van now? You can email me at danilova,
at sbcglobal, dot net.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 9 months

JennP
June 15th 04, 07:40 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> He said the kids were fine till someone else was around then they'd act
up,
> which is normal for them.
> He has been *very* nice to me since he got home - lol.

Oh! Maybe this should be required for all dad's who have SAH wives! ;)

--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Catherine C.
June 16th 04, 08:29 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> He said the kids were fine till someone else was around then they'd act up,
> which is normal for them.<<<

Isn't this always the way? Conversely, dear grandson is always just
fine when he is with me and DH...but the minute his parents emerge he
starts to act up and visa versa...

>> He has been *very* nice to me since he got home - lol.<<<

I am so glad to here this...have been reading about your concerns
today and just couldn't bear the thought of you crying in the hospital
(you are generally SO non-alarmist and easy going, that I guess I
always expect things to go well for you but of course, this isn't
realistic at all)...you've had a LOT of stress this time...will look
for your news tomorrow...and pray that everything is fine...

> Oh the whole van thing is such a pain. If we had someone we trusted in MI
> we would just sell it and not bother bringing it back to NC honestly.<<<

I can totally empathize with this...what a royal PITA!

Take good care...C.