PDA

View Full Version : Hair! Hair! Everywhere there's hair!

DeliciousTruffles
June 10th 04, 06:20 PM
ARGH! It's falling out now. I hate this stage of post-partum hormones.

I swept the kitchen floor and turned around and there was hair where I
just swept!

It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Cheryl S.
June 10th 04, 07:04 PM
"DeliciousTruffles" > wrote in
message news:ML0yc.724929$oR5.37303@pd7tw3no...
> It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Ugh, I hated that too. If your hair is long enough, keep it in a
braid/ponytail/bun/whatever all the time. Then it only falls in the
bathroom when you brush it out, wash it, and put it right back up again.

Or get a hair net like they wear in fast food restaurants. ;-)
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 9 months

Donna
June 10th 04, 08:05 PM
"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> "DeliciousTruffles" > wrote in
> message news:ML0yc.724929$oR5.37303@pd7tw3no...
> > It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!
>
> Ugh, I hated that too. If your hair is long enough, keep it in a
> braid/ponytail/bun/whatever all the time. Then it only falls in the
> bathroom when you brush it out, wash it, and put it right back up again.

That is *exactly* what I did. I have waist length hair, and when I started
to shed, I just kept it braided for months, and brushed it outside. God, it
was awful. I shed more than my sister's Saint Bernard does. (But I didn't
drool, so there is that. <grin>).

Hang in there. It will stop before you go bald. Promise. :)

Donna

Bóliath
June 10th 04, 08:43 PM
Donna wrote:
> "Cheryl S." wrote
>>"DeliciousTruffles" wrote
>>
>>>It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>>I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!
>>
>>Ugh, I hated that too. If your hair is long enough, keep it in a
>>braid/ponytail/bun/whatever all the time. Then it only falls in the
>>bathroom when you brush it out, wash it, and put it right back up again.
>
> That is *exactly* what I did. I have waist length hair, and when I started
> to shed, I just kept it braided for months, and brushed it outside. God, it
> was awful. I shed more than my sister's Saint Bernard does. (But I didn't
> drool, so there is that. <grin>).
>
> Hang in there. It will stop before you go bald. Promise. :)

Good gods is this normal? I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp
stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is
born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

DeliciousTruffles
June 10th 04, 09:08 PM
B=F3liath wrote:

> Good gods is this normal? I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp=20
> stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is =

> born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

Yup. Perfectly normal. You stop losing your hair during pregnancy so=20
all the hair that was supposed to fall out during that time holds off=20
until about 3 to 4 months post-partum. That is when your hormones=20
return to some semblance of normalcy.

--=20
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/
Please excuse the quality. It is under construction and I am still=20
learning. :-)

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,=20
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Bóliath
June 10th 04, 09:46 PM
DeliciousTruffles wrote:
> Bóliath wrote:
>
>> Good gods is this normal? I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp
>> stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is
>> born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?
>
> Yup. Perfectly normal. You stop losing your hair during pregnancy so
> all the hair that was supposed to fall out during that time holds off
> until about 3 to 4 months post-partum. That is when your hormones
> return to some semblance of normalcy.

Ah so will I also stop being a bitch from hell then too? My mood swings
are so severe I get dizzy :c) I have 3 fur creatures in the house, we
have to vacuum frequently, it will be fun to add more hair balls to the
mix - not!

Unadulterated Me
June 10th 04, 10:30 PM
DeliciousTruffles wrote:

> ARGH! It's falling out now. I hate this stage of post-partum hormones.
>
> I swept the kitchen floor and turned around and there was hair where I
> just swept!
>
> It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Mine is still coming out in fistfuls at 10 months post partum, thanks
goodness I have plenty of it to spare..lol

Donna
June 11th 04, 04:39 PM
"Bóliath" > wrote in message
> Donna wrote:

> > That is *exactly* what I did. I have waist length hair, and when I
started
> > to shed, I just kept it braided for months, and brushed it outside.
God, it
> > was awful. I shed more than my sister's Saint Bernard does. (But I
didn't
> > drool, so there is that. <grin>).
> >
> > Hang in there. It will stop before you go bald. Promise. :)
>
> Good gods is this normal?
Yep, the hairloss is normal. When we're pregnant, we stop releasing hair
follicles (why, I don't know), and the process resumes at some point during
the first year post-partum. I was sure I was going to be bald by the time
the shedding stopped, but the hair loss was unnoticeable by everyone else.
It's weird to lose 10 months of hair all at once.

I did have to have the shower drains snaked a couple of times during this
period, so for any of you all who have long hair, consider putting aside
some money for a plumber's visit or two.

>I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp
> stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is
> born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

Even if you add up all the yucky things, they don't approach the utter joy
of holding your newborn. You're still going to come out ahead. Way ahead.
:)

Donna

H Schinske
June 11th 04, 05:52 PM
Donna wrote:

>I did have to have the shower drains snaked a couple of times during this
>period, so for any of you all who have long hair, consider putting aside
>some money for a plumber's visit or two.

I had long hair when the twins were born, and *extremely* long hair when Peter
was born. Never had to snake the shower drains.

Isn't that something you could do yourself, anyway? Not that I ever *have*, but
I think we have a snake somewhere. I have once or twice put a kelly clamp down
the drain and fished up some clumps. (A kelly clamp is a surgical tool that my
mother co-opted for household use -- a long skinny thing, sometimes bent at the
end, that you can reach into a tight space and grab something strongly with. I
don't know how anyone manages without one.)

--Helen

Donna
June 11th 04, 10:51 PM
"H Schinske" > wrote in message

> Isn't that something you could do yourself, anyway? Not that I ever
*have*, but
> I think we have a snake somewhere.

Maybe. With the right tools, I could probably figure out how to do anything
short of surgery. It isn't something I have any *desire* to learn to do,
however. :)

>I have once or twice put a kelly clamp down
> the drain and fished up some clumps. (A kelly clamp is a surgical tool
that my
> mother co-opted for household use -- a long skinny thing, sometimes bent
at the
> end, that you can reach into a tight space and grab something strongly
with. I
> don't know how anyone manages without one.)

Sounds interesting. I don't know what a kelly clamp is, but it does sound
useful. :)

Donna

June 12th 04, 04:32 AM
Heavens, I forgot about this one!
I feel your pain... and will feel it again firsthand in about 4.5
months. Ugh!
:-)

Nenette

Luc - June 29, 2002
#2 - edd June 29, 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:20:44 GMT, DeliciousTruffles
> wrote:

>ARGH! It's falling out now. I hate this stage of post-partum hormones.
>
>I swept the kitchen floor and turned around and there was hair where I
>just swept!
>
>It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Christine
June 12th 04, 05:12 AM
YIKES..........I gave birth on May 16th...when can I expect to lose
mine...;(

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage_view.asp?URLID=9T8S0V9F5G

Christine
June 12th 04, 05:12 AM
YIKES..........I gave birth on May 16th...when can I expect to lose
mine...;(

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage_view.asp?URLID=9T8S0V9F5G

Daye
June 13th 04, 10:56 PM
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:32:28 GMT, wrote:

>Heavens, I forgot about this one!

I shaved my head at 7 months with both pregnancies. I never noticed
my hair falling out, but it was less than an inch long... who would?

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 14th 04, 04:14 PM
Daye wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:32:28 GMT, wrote:
>

>>Heavens, I forgot about this one!
>

> I shaved my head at 7 months with both pregnancies. I never noticed
> my hair falling out, but it was less than an inch long... who would?

You are so lucky!! I look like crap with short hair. My hair is what I
call "sort of" curly. It is "sort of" curly in that if I let it get
long, the curls are just wavy, but when it's short, it looks terrible
and is completely uncontrollable.

I'm not looking forward to this whole shedding thing, and I know I'm
going to go through it. For the past couple of months, I've been
noticing that I've been losing way less hair than normal. :-(

Daye
June 14th 04, 11:24 PM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:14:14 -0400, Vicky Bilaniuk
> wrote:

>You are so lucky!! I look like crap with short hair.

Well, there for a while, I just looked scary. :) A bald woman is a
scary thing in a lot of ways. Luckily, my DH shaved his head with me
this time around.

Now that it is growing out, I have my times where I look like crap
because I haven't figured out what to do with my hair at that length.
By the time Leo is a year old (in Jan.), I should have my hair back to
its original style... all one length, chin length bob.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
See Jayan and Leo: http://www.aloofhosting.com/jayleo/
Updated 28 Feb 2004

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 15th 04, 02:33 AM
Daye wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:14:14 -0400, Vicky Bilaniuk
> > wrote:
>

>>You are so lucky!! I look like crap with short hair.
>

> Well, there for a while, I just looked scary. :) A bald woman is a
> scary thing in a lot of ways. Luckily, my DH shaved his head with me
> this time around.
>
> Now that it is growing out, I have my times where I look like crap
> because I haven't figured out what to do with my hair at that length.
> By the time Leo is a year old (in Jan.), I should have my hair back to
> its original style... all one length, chin length bob.

And straight, too, right? I'll bet it's straight. Grrr, I'm so
envious. ;-)

Daye
June 15th 04, 02:15 PM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:33:53 -0400, Vicky Bilaniuk
> wrote:

>And straight, too, right? I'll bet it's straight. Grrr, I'm so
>envious. ;-)

Well, it does have a wave to it, but for the most part, yeah, it is
straight. My DH has ringlet curls. His hair is easier to manage than
mine, IMO (his opinion might be different). I would kill for his
hair.