PDA

View Full Version : When did you start showing?

Melody
June 14th 04, 01:07 AM
Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
(summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
September...

Any insight?

Thanks!
Melody

Tori M.
June 14th 04, 01:39 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
> can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
> pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
> looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
> (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
> fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
> September...
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks!
> Melody

I never show thanks to plenty of extra skin and rolls arround all the right
spots unfortunatly and the only people that ever said I looked pregnant
where drunks and idiots;) My husband and my mom both agreed that I never
really looked pregnant. Saying that I fit into all my cloths right up to
delivory. Anyway I dont know if you care about the colors and whatnot that
are in style for the seasons but could you just get a bunch of Short sleeved
tee shirt type things now that would look nice if you have to work with them
and a few pairs of shorts and a few pairs of pants and then maybe a nice
neutral sweater or two to go with the shirts for when it gets cooler.

I must admit that I am not big at keeping up on fasions though and I wear my
tee shirt type things all year round and weed out my long sleeved shirts
after the temps are consistantly over 40deg. ;)

Tori
--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

JennP
June 14th 04, 01:52 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
> can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
> pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
> looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
> (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
> fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
> September...
>
> Any insight?

I'm just 21 weeks today and I'm just starting to show. This is my second
pregnancy. I'm still wearing my regular clothes along with just a few
maternity items. The shorts I'm wearing today, however, are going away for
the duration...
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Dagny
June 14th 04, 02:14 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
> can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
> pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
> looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
> (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
> fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
> September...
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks!
> Melody

Well I'm not quite nine weeks with #2, and I'd say about half of my pants
are already bye-bye because of the changed poochy shape of my stomach. And
my butt will probably expand out of the rest of them in a couple of weeks.
I figured I'd be opening up my maternity clothes in about two weeks. I
needed only summer clothes with Meg and have been picking up long-sleeved
maternity stuff here and there for this one.

-- Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
EDD 1/19/05

Cathy
June 14th 04, 05:55 AM
Melody wrote:
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1
> but can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with
> second pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But
> I've been looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure
> what I'll need (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know
> I'll need winter and fall clothing. I live in the south so it's
> typically still pretty warm in September...

I'm 15 weeks with no. 2, and I can't suck my gut in any more! But then I
have got my appetite back with a vengence, so I don't know how much is
blubber and how much is baby. But when I'm fully clothed, no-one would know
(but it is winter here, so I have more layers on too.).

Cathy
EDD 8 Dec 04

Amy
June 14th 04, 08:09 AM
Well, I'm 36 weeks & still wearing most of my pre-pg t-shirts. Admittedly
some are a little short and get stares & disapproving looks from elderly
women, but they aren't the ones forking out for my maternity wardrobe ;-)
I have one terrific, all over stretch denim look skirt that was bought for
me (I know it cost about $100) and it has got me everywhere depending on
what I team it with. But for the most part I just can't justify spending
such a huge amount of money on clothes I won't get much wear out of - DH has
said this is the last one. I hate panelled clothing anyway. It just seems
like this huge conspiracy against pg mothers - why should this stuff be so
darn expensive anyway? Most of it is just like regular clothes, plus we
don't wear it for very long, and there are all these other baby-related
expenses to gobble up money.

Chain store sales have been great for picking up loose fitting athletic
style trackpants, I like the kind with both elastic and a drawcord, because
you can pull them in when you're smaller & let them out a little as you
grow. They have to have the wide, soft elastic bands for me though so they
don't cut in. Depending on what sort of job you have, I think most people
don't expect pregnant women to be fashion victims, so unless you have a
special occasion to attend you may get away without buying maternity wear at
all. But if you can find things you like at a reasonable price or have the
money and want to splash out, go for it! :-)

"Melody" > wrote in message
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
> can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
> pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
> looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
> (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
> fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
> September...
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks!
> Melody

Leslie
June 14th 04, 03:04 PM
I remember with #1 that I was able to squeeze into regular clothes for the
first four months or so. But with each subsequent baby I have shown earlier
and earlier--probably by no later than six weeks with this one (#5). We were
out at a social event yesterday and you could see the taken aback look on
people's faces when I told them my due date and they realized I was only 20
weeks along instead of about 7 months, which is what it looks like.

As for clothes, already a lot of the things I bought are too tight in the
middle. <sigh>

Leslie

Elitsirk
June 14th 04, 05:03 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message >...
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
> can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
> pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
> looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
> (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
> fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
> September...
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks!
> Melody

I've noticed that I think I'm a bit of a minority on this NG (at least
compared to the more verbal posters) in that I outgrew my regular
clothes *really* fast for a first pregnancy, and that I had absolutely
no problem buying maternity clothes as soon as I did. I wear casual
clothes to work anyway (usually jeans), and tend to shop discount
stores, and I haven't spent much more on maternity stuff than I might
have on regular clothes this year. I also have a body type that
doesn't lend itself well to hiding extra pounds at my waist--short,
short waisted and tend to be bigger in the waist to start with so I
start with waistbands that fit snugly. I've always had trouble buying
pants because those that fit my waist are baggy in the hips and
thighs, and those that fit my hips don't button at the waist. I don't
usually wear baggy clothes or long t-shirts or sweats, so my wardrobe
didn't start out terribly maternity-friendly.

Having said all that, by about 7 weeks I couldn't button a single pair
of pants that I owned. Also, any button-up shirts that I owned gaped
horribly at the chest, and all my bras were so tight as to be
uncomfortable. By 10 weeks, we had started telling friends that we
were expecting, and I got a big box of maternity clothes from a friend
to borrow (she's a lot skinnier than I am, so most of it only fit for
a couple of weeks, but it was still a big help)--I hadn't actually
gained any weight by then either. By 14 weeks, I was wearing almost
all maternity clothes, though the big stretchy panels on the pants
were still too big--the low-waisted types were great though. If I
wore shirts that *looked* maternity, then I kind of looked like I was
showing--if the shirts were just bigger than normal, then I just kind
of looked pudgier than normal.

By 18-20 weeks, I definitely looked pregnant in most of the clothes I
wore. I think it was about week 23 that DH and I noticed that I was
leading with my belly (it finally started sticking out past my b**bs).

My best advice is to buy things as you need them--try not to buy too
far in advance, since you may outgrow things faster than you hoped you
would (as I've found out...). Plus, the longer you wait before buying
things for a season, the more likely they will be on sale.

Have fun shopping :)
--Elit
#1 due 9/20/2004

Sophie
June 14th 04, 06:00 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message
> Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
> can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
> pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
> looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
> (summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
> fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
> September...
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks!
> Melody

I showed -
#1 - 5 months
#2 - 7 months
#3 - 5 months
#4 - 6 months

I'm in the South (NC) and was due with #3 in December. I had a few long
sleeve maternity tops but not sweaters. A baby is like an internal heater.
You definitely won't need a specifically maternity jacket/coat.

Jenrose
June 15th 04, 06:20 AM
Visibly showing? Well, with dd, it was sort of visible by 7-8 *months*
pg--literally had someone walk up and hug me and ask me what I was doing
with my life when I was 8 1/2 months pg--she dind't notice, even hugging!
But it was pretty obvious earlier if I was naked.

With the pg I miscarried at 7 weeks, I could NOT wear anything snug around
my waist from 5 weeks.

Jenrose

June 16th 04, 12:11 AM
I started showing at around 12 weeks - first baby. I am 28 weeks now,
and people are always guessing I'm about to have the baby! But last
night I was in a grocery store and these two guys told me that they
were shocked, they didn't realize I was pregnant at all until I turned
sideways - its because I'm carrying the baby completely up front.
Other than the basketball strapped to my tummy I really don't look
that different, and most of my regular clothes would fit me except for
the tummy. When I stopped fitting into my regular clothes, I basically
switched to some more upscale looking drawstring sweatpants made by
freestyle (bought three pairs) and bought some maternity items from
Target for much less than they would be in a maternity shop. I did buy
a pair of pregnancy jeans and a more comfortable bra from Mimi
Maternity. That's the extent of my maternity wear, but I do work in a
more relaxed office so its easy for me to make do.

[...]

June 16th 04, 07:44 PM
"Amy" > wrote in message
Depending on what sort of job you have, I think most people
> don't expect pregnant women to be fashion victims, so unless you have a
> special occasion to attend you may get away without buying maternity wear
at
> all. But if you can find things you like at a reasonable price or have the
> money and want to splash out, go for it! :-)

I'm a professional photographer so I have to dress pretty well at work. I
can't pull off casual clothes 95% of the time. I try to stick to black too,
since I deal with children all the time (sticky hands, drool, and I get spit
up on quite a bit ;-)) and it doesn't show much. I just remember with #1 I
woke up one morning and NOTHING would fit. It was just overnight... I keep
having nightmares that I'm at work in a sweatsuit because I couldn't fit in
anything else... hehehe...

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Melody

Melody
June 16th 04, 07:46 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> As for clothes, already a lot of the things I bought are too tight in the
> middle. <sigh>

Wanna sell them? hehehe....

I noticed you live in Knoxville, I'm in Chattanooga. For some reason they've
closed all the maternity shops here (can't imagine why, I know there are
TONS of pregnant women here because I end up photographing 2-10 newborns
every day!). Seems like the only place to get maternity clothes here is
Target and Walmart (and I won't shop at Walmart) so I have a very limited
selection...

Melody

Melody
June 16th 04, 07:49 PM
"Elitsirk" > wrote in message
om...
> "Melody" > wrote in message
> My best advice is to buy things as you need them--try not to buy too
> far in advance, since you may outgrow things faster than you hoped you
> would (as I've found out...). Plus, the longer you wait before buying
> things for a season, the more likely they will be on sale.

I'm just scared I'll wake up one day with nothing to wear to work! :) Target
has a ton of casual clothes but their career oriented section suckkkks! It
seems impossible to find black pants with elastic or drawstring waists that
are work-appropriate anymore...
Thanks!
Melody

Tori M.
June 16th 04, 08:04 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Leslie" > wrote in message
> > As for clothes, already a lot of the things I bought are too tight in
the
> > middle. <sigh>
>

> Wanna sell them? hehehe....
>
> I noticed you live in Knoxville, I'm in Chattanooga. For some reason
they've
> closed all the maternity shops here (can't imagine why, I know there are
> TONS of pregnant women here because I end up photographing 2-10 newborns
> every day!). Seems like the only place to get maternity clothes here is
> Target and Walmart (and I won't shop at Walmart) so I have a very limited
> selection...
>
> Melody

Why dont you shop at walmart? I never liked Target all that much but I am
very plus sized and their cloths usualy do not fit right.

Tori
--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Mary W.
June 16th 04, 08:24 PM
Melody wrote:

> "Elitsirk" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Melody" > wrote in message
> > My best advice is to buy things as you need them--try not to buy too
> > far in advance, since you may outgrow things faster than you hoped you
> > would (as I've found out...). Plus, the longer you wait before buying
> > things for a season, the more likely they will be on sale.
>
> I'm just scared I'll wake up one day with nothing to wear to work! :) Target
> has a ton of casual clothes but their career oriented section suckkkks! It
> seems impossible to find black pants with elastic or drawstring waists that
> are work-appropriate anymore...

I've not been following this thread, so I don't know what's been discussed.
I did all of my maternity shopping online. I got a couple of cute, cheap things
at Kohls (www.kohls.com). I have a *great* pair of stretch chino's from
Lands End (www.landsend.com) that have an adjustable waist and look
pretty professional. They were pricy but I wear them all the time. Last
pregnancy I bought most of my stuff from JC penney (only place that
had longs). I've gotten a couple of things from Old Navy and the Gap.
Then there's always Motherhood.com

Oh and Hannah Andersson has maternity now (pricy but classic).

Mary

June 17th 04, 01:09 AM
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:07:24 -0400, "Melody"
> wrote:

>Just curious... I think I started showing around 14-16 weeks with #1 but
>can't really remember... I know you typically show faster with second
>pregnancies... at 10 weeks I'm already a little "poochy". But I've been
>looking at maternity clothes lately and I'm not really sure what I'll need
>(summer/fall/winter?). I'm due in January so I know I'll need winter and
>fall clothing. I live in the south so it's typically still pretty warm in
>September...
>
>Any insight?

With #1, I started showing at around 16 weeks, just after morning
sickness ended. With #2, I started showing almost right after I took
my pregnancy test.

I live in Canada, and both times I've been pregnant from October to
June. My staples were my jeans, overalls, cords, 2 cardigans, lounge
pants, and flipflops or boots. Everything else, like shirts and
blouses, I bought as I needed them.

Nenette

Sophie
June 17th 04, 01:32 AM
> Why dont you shop at walmart? I never liked Target all that much but I am
> very plus sized and their cloths usualy do not fit right.
>
> Tori
> --
> Bonnie 3/20/02
> Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

My Walmart has exactly *2* racks of maternity clothes and they're *awful*.

Tori M.
June 17th 04, 03:27 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message
> > Why dont you shop at walmart? I never liked Target all that much but I
am
> > very plus sized and their cloths usualy do not fit right.
> >
> > Tori
> > --
> > Bonnie 3/20/02
> > Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
>

> My Walmart has exactly *2* racks of maternity clothes and they're *awful*.

*blush* I have never bought maternity cloths. I have seen the section
though. I was not sure if Melody had a general ban on Wal-mart or if it was
just the maternity section. I find unless I shop at Lane Bryant all the
cloths that would fit me are awful.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Leslie
June 17th 04, 04:26 AM

Melody said:

>Wanna sell them? hehehe....

I'm actually hoping I get to wear them again in a couple of years or so . . .

>I noticed you live in Knoxville, I'm in Chattanooga.

A neighbor! I rarely see anyone here from Tennessee. My mother and her mother
were both born in Chattanooga.

For some reason they've
>closed all the maternity shops here (can't imagine why, I know there are
>TONS of pregnant women here because I end up photographing 2-10 newborns
>every day!).

That's weird! We have Dan Howard's here in addition to the common mall shops.
I haven't looked there though because the stuff is all so expensive.

Seems like the only place to get maternity clothes here is
>Target and Walmart (and I won't shop at Walmart)

Is that for ethical reasons? Believe me, you are not missing much! They have
one rack of stuff. I have bought three t-shirts, one sleeveless blouse, and
one pair of jean shorts there.

so I have a very limited
>selection...

I found the stuff at Target nicer, but also somewhat more expensive, than
Wal-Mart. Have you looked at the JCPenney Maternity catalogue? They have some
cute things. And I guess they have some maternity stuff in the store, though I
haven't looked.

Leslie

Melody
June 17th 04, 04:33 AM
"Tori M." > wrote in message
> Why dont you shop at walmart? I never liked Target all that much but I am
> very plus sized and their cloths usualy do not fit right.

It's an ethical thing... I can't stand their business practices. I hate that
they do everything they can to run all the small businesses out of town,
that they import most of their goods from China, they've forced a lot of
major companies to move thier factories overseas to low-wage countries in
order to meet their price limitations. They've cost the American people more
jobs than most people can imagine and typically raise the poverty level in
areas they move in to. People don't seem to care though, it's cheap and
convienent. My boycotting them probably doesn't hurt them much, heh, but
it's a start! *sigh* I could go on for hours, that's the very tip of the
iceburg... I wrote an extensive research paper on their practices last
semester, it disgusted me. I haven't shopped there in almost 7 years.

Melody

Melody
June 17th 04, 04:42 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message

> A neighbor! I rarely see anyone here from Tennessee. My mother and her
mother
> were both born in Chattanooga.

Neato... you ever visit?

> Seems like the only place to get maternity clothes here is
> >Target and Walmart (and I won't shop at Walmart)
>
> Is that for ethical reasons? Believe me, you are not missing much! They
have
> one rack of stuff. I have bought three t-shirts, one sleeveless blouse,
and
> one pair of jean shorts there.

Yeah, I listed some reasons in another post.

> I found the stuff at Target nicer, but also somewhat more expensive, than
> Wal-Mart. Have you looked at the JCPenney Maternity catalogue? They have
some
> cute things. And I guess they have some maternity stuff in the store,
though I
> haven't looked.

Yeah, I ordered a few things from the JCPenney catalog. Only thing is, I
ordered Christmas presents from the catalog last November and just recieved
them in March (!!!!!!!). So, I'm hopeful they'll come sometime before
December! Ha!

Our store doesn't carry maternity clothes (it's on the small side) but the
one across town has a very small selection. That's where I got most of my
clothes for my last pregnancy. I'll probably go over there and check it out
soon. Our Old Navy & Gap's don't actually carry maternity stuff, I can
always hit the websites but I never know what sizes to buy when I can't try
them on...

I'm just not sure what to do while I'm in this "in-between" phase. It's way
too early for me to wear maternity stuff but my regular pants are getting
uncomfortable. Maybe I can get away with being slouchy for a while, my boss
only visits once every couple months & usually warns me before she comes...
hehehe...

Melody

Leslie
June 17th 04, 04:49 AM
Melody said:

>My boycotting them probably doesn't hurt them much, heh, but
>it's a start!

I totally agree with everything you said and respect you for not shopping
there. I feel guilty about it but find it impossible to resist with money so
short and prices there so cheap. :-(

Leslie

Leslie
June 17th 04, 04:54 AM
Melody said:

>Neato... you ever visit?

We don't have family there now but we probably og every couple of years or so
to see the Aquarium, or Ruby Falls, or the Choo Choo. Last time my mother and
grandmother went they were driving by the "old homestead" and the lady who
lives there now invited them in and let them go over the whole house. That was
a big thrill for all of them.

>> Seems like the only place to get maternity clothes here is
>> >Target and Walmart (and I won't shop at Walmart)
>>
>> Is that for ethical reasons? Believe me, you are not missing much! They
>have
>> one rack of stuff. I have bought three t-shirts, one sleeveless blouse,
>and
>> one pair of jean shorts there.
>
>Yeah, I listed some reasons in another post.
>
>> I found the stuff at Target nicer, but also somewhat more expensive, than
>> Wal-Mart. Have you looked at the JCPenney Maternity catalogue? They have
>some
>> cute things. And I guess they have some maternity stuff in the store,
>though I
>> haven't looked.
>
>Yeah, I ordered a few things from the JCPenney catalog. Only thing is, I
>ordered Christmas presents from the catalog last November and just recieved
>them in March (!!!!!!!). So, I'm hopeful they'll come sometime before
>December! Ha!

Oh, wow! What a total pain. I have usually gotten anything I ordered from
there within a week!

>Our store doesn't carry maternity clothes (it's on the small side) but the
>one across town has a very small selection. That's where I got most of my
>clothes for my last pregnancy. I'll probably go over there and check it out
>soon. Our Old Navy & Gap's don't actually carry maternity stuff, I can
>always hit the websites but I never know what sizes to buy when I can't try
>them on...
>
>I'm just not sure what to do while I'm in this "in-between" phase. It's way
>too early for me to wear maternity stuff but my regular pants are getting
>uncomfortable. Maybe I can get away with being slouchy for a while, my boss
>only visits once every couple months & usually warns me before she comes...
>hehehe...

The new maternity pants that just come to under your belly are great even for
the beginning of pregnancy, IMO. Because they don't have to build in extra
space for your stomach, they don't have that immense, tent-like look. In fact,
I have been happier with the way I look in my Target maternity jeans than the
way I looked in my normal jeans. All my fat is in my stomach and so when I buy
pants to fit, they are too loose in the bottom and legs. I actually bought
maternity jeans a size smaller than what I would normally have to wear, so at
least part of me still looks thin!

Leslie

Melody
June 17th 04, 05:02 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Melody said:
>
> >My boycotting them probably doesn't hurt them much, heh, but
> >it's a start!
>
> I totally agree with everything you said and respect you for not shopping
> there. I feel guilty about it but find it impossible to resist with money
so
> short and prices there so cheap. :-(
>
> Leslie

I know, it is hard to resist. I kinda cheated by buying all my meat,
diapers, and toilet tissue at Sams Club (their prices were just unbeatable)
during and after my divorce when I really had *no* money to spare.

I've found places that *are* just as cheap as Walmart, problem is that it's
time consuming to go to 5 different places to get all of the things you
*could* just make one trip to Walmart to get. I just pretend they don't even
exist and don't give myself the option to go there. It's a pain in the ass
sometimes, I'll admit. But after not going there for so long I kinda forget
the convenience that I'm missing and I feel better about myself for not
supporting them. I can't even convince DH to stop shopping there so I kinda
gave up on trying to convince the rest of the world but I feel better not
doing it...

Melody

Melody
June 17th 04, 05:07 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Melody said:
>
> >Neato... you ever visit?
>

> We don't have family there now but we probably og every couple of years or
so
> to see the Aquarium, or Ruby Falls, or the Choo Choo. Last time my mother
and
> grandmother went they were driving by the "old homestead" and the lady who
> lives there now invited them in and let them go over the whole house.
That was
> a big thrill for all of them.

Wow! That's really great. I love nostalgic visits :)

> >I'm just not sure what to do while I'm in this "in-between" phase. It's
way
> >too early for me to wear maternity stuff but my regular pants are getting
> >uncomfortable. Maybe I can get away with being slouchy for a while, my
boss
> >only visits once every couple months & usually warns me before she
comes...
> >hehehe...

> The new maternity pants that just come to under your belly are great even
for
> the beginning of pregnancy, IMO. Because they don't have to build in
extra
> space for your stomach, they don't have that immense, tent-like look. In
fact,
> I have been happier with the way I look in my Target maternity jeans than
the
> way I looked in my normal jeans. All my fat is in my stomach and so when
I buy
> pants to fit, they are too loose in the bottom and legs. I actually
bought
> maternity jeans a size smaller than what I would normally have to wear, so
at
> least part of me still looks thin!

You've had c-sections, right? My incision site is super sensitive right now,
did those pants irritate you? That's the only reason I've been hesitant to
do the under the belly pants (that and it's difficult to find long shirts
anymore), I'm afraid they'll drive me batty!

By the way, I know a couple of great places there to have (inexpensive)
portraits made if you're interested. The company I work for has several
locations in Knoxville and a lot of really great phorographers there. Let me
know if you're interested and I'll email you info :)

Melody

Amy
June 17th 04, 06:04 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Amy" > wrote in message

> I'm a professional photographer so I have to dress pretty well at work. I
> can't pull off casual clothes 95% of the time.

Oooh, do you work by yourself or are you with a company? It would be great
to have a professional pregnancy photo session (bummer if you had to take
your own though!)

I try to stick to black too,
> since I deal with children all the time (sticky hands, drool, and I get
spit
> up on quite a bit ;-)) and it doesn't show much.

I thought drool showed on absolutely everything, lol!

I just remember with #1 I
> woke up one morning and NOTHING would fit. It was just overnight... I keep
> having nightmares that I'm at work in a sweatsuit because I couldn't fit
in
> anything else... hehehe...

LOL....of all the weird pg nightmares, that one is pretty funny. I've had
dreams where I turn up naked, but not - OMG - in a _sweatshirt_!
There's some great maternity wear around though if you can afford it or
rather if work necessitates it - I'd love to splash out - and here in NZ at
least most of it you just buy your normal size, some things have buttons on
elastic that you can let out for the later stages of pg. My skirt has been
comfortable & fitted great from week 12 or so to week 37.

Sophie
June 17th 04, 01:43 PM
> You've had c-sections, right? My incision site is super sensitive right
now,
> did those pants irritate you? That's the only reason I've been hesitant to
> do the under the belly pants (that and it's difficult to find long shirts
> anymore), I'm afraid they'll drive me batty!
> Melody

I've had 3 c-sections and a waistband on my incision doesn't bother me at
all. If my shirts were longer, I'd push my pants under my stomach.

Donna Metler
June 17th 04, 03:48 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Leslie" > wrote in message
> > Melody said:
> >
> > >Neato... you ever visit?
> >

> > We don't have family there now but we probably og every couple of years
or
> so
> > to see the Aquarium, or Ruby Falls, or the Choo Choo. Last time my
mother
> and
> > grandmother went they were driving by the "old homestead" and the lady
who
> > lives there now invited them in and let them go over the whole house.
> That was
> > a big thrill for all of them.
>
> Wow! That's really great. I love nostalgic visits :)
>

> > >I'm just not sure what to do while I'm in this "in-between" phase. It's
> way
> > >too early for me to wear maternity stuff but my regular pants are
getting
> > >uncomfortable. Maybe I can get away with being slouchy for a while, my
> boss
> > >only visits once every couple months & usually warns me before she
> comes...
> > >hehehe...
>

> > The new maternity pants that just come to under your belly are great
even
> for
> > the beginning of pregnancy, IMO. Because they don't have to build in
> extra
> > space for your stomach, they don't have that immense, tent-like look.
In
> fact,
> > I have been happier with the way I look in my Target maternity jeans
than
> the
> > way I looked in my normal jeans. All my fat is in my stomach and so
when
> I buy
> > pants to fit, they are too loose in the bottom and legs. I actually
> bought
> > maternity jeans a size smaller than what I would normally have to wear,
so
> at
> > least part of me still looks thin!
>

> You've had c-sections, right? My incision site is super sensitive right
now,
> did those pants irritate you? That's the only reason I've been hesitant to
> do the under the belly pants (that and it's difficult to find long shirts
> anymore), I'm afraid they'll drive me batty!
>
> By the way, I know a couple of great places there to have (inexpensive)
> portraits made if you're interested. The company I work for has several
> locations in Knoxville and a lot of really great phorographers there. Let
me
> know if you're interested and I'll email you info :)
>
> Melody

DO you have Goldsmith's? I have several pretty nice pairs of pants I found
there which have drawstring waists-they're not designed to be maternity, but
they still fit when my more tailored stuff doesn't.

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 17th 04, 04:14 PM
Amy wrote:

> "Melody" > wrote in message
>>woke up one morning and NOTHING would fit. It was just overnight... I keep
>>having nightmares that I'm at work in a sweatsuit because I couldn't fit
>
> in
>
>>anything else... hehehe...
>

> LOL....of all the weird pg nightmares, that one is pretty funny. I've had
> dreams where I turn up naked, but not - OMG - in a _sweatshirt_!
> There's some great maternity wear around though if you can afford it or
> rather if work necessitates it - I'd love to splash out - and here in NZ at
> least most of it you just buy your normal size, some things have buttons on
> elastic that you can let out for the later stages of pg. My skirt has been
> comfortable & fitted great from week 12 or so to week 37.

Oooooh, speaking of pg nightmares, I just *have* to share mine, because
I think it sums up pregnancy *perfectly*! First, I have to tell you
that I drive a Saturn SL series car - one of the more recent ones that
has absolutely rotten steering at low speeds (i.e. you can't make really
sharp turns with it - a known problem that no longer exists in the
current models). Anyway, parallel parking with it is a complete
nightmare. Now, the dream: I dreamed that I was trying to parallel
park my car. I kept trying and trying and TRYING. Traffic backed up
behind me to the point where a cop car finally showed up and tried to
find out what was wrong. I explained. The guy understood and drove
off. Well, *finally*, I got the car in, and the flow of traffic could
then proceed unimpeded, and everyone was happy. I was SO HAPPY when I
finally got the car in that I got out and danced in the street, even
though I no longer had a captive audience since they had all driven off.
;-)

The next day, I looked at DH and, after telling him about the dream, I
said "I can't wait for this to be over. I can't wait to dance in the
street." :-)

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 17th 04, 04:16 PM
Melody wrote:

> "Tori M." > wrote in message
>
>>Why dont you shop at walmart? I never liked Target all that much but I am
>>very plus sized and their cloths usualy do not fit right.
>

> It's an ethical thing... I can't stand their business practices. I hate that

We're the same way!

A lot of people I know shop there, though, because all they can see is
the lower prices. They don't care about what it does to the economy in
the long run.

Melody
June 18th 04, 12:08 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> I've had 3 c-sections and a waistband on my incision doesn't bother me at
> all. If my shirts were longer, I'd push my pants under my stomach.

Has it ever bothered you? Mine is just super sensitive right now...
occasionally it's even painful. I must have a lot of scar tissue. Even my
panties (most of which are right on my incision line) are driving me batty!

Melody
June 18th 04, 12:08 AM
"Donna Metler" > wrote in message

> DO you have Goldsmith's? I have several pretty nice pairs of pants I found
> there which have drawstring waists-they're not designed to be maternity,
but
> they still fit when my more tailored stuff doesn't.

Not that I know of, but I'll check it out... thanks!

Sophie
June 18th 04, 12:31 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Sophie" > wrote in message
>
> > I've had 3 c-sections and a waistband on my incision doesn't bother me
at
> > all. If my shirts were longer, I'd push my pants under my stomach.
>
> Has it ever bothered you? Mine is just super sensitive right now...
> occasionally it's even painful. I must have a lot of scar tissue. Even my
> panties (most of which are right on my incision line) are driving me
batty!

Only right after the c-section and till it healed. After that though, nope.
My underwear waistband falls right on it, doesn't bother me at all. I did
get my scar tidied up when I had baby #2. In talking to friends who'd had 2
c-sections and the first was not planned, we all said the same, we didn't
think our scars were that bad till we had our 2nd and the Dr's neatened them
up. None of my friends had problems with theirs either.

Donna Metler
June 18th 04, 12:59 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Sophie" > wrote in message
>
> > I've had 3 c-sections and a waistband on my incision doesn't bother me
at
> > all. If my shirts were longer, I'd push my pants under my stomach.
>
> Has it ever bothered you? Mine is just super sensitive right now...
> occasionally it's even painful. I must have a lot of scar tissue. Even my
> panties (most of which are right on my incision line) are driving me
batty!

I'm glad to hear someone else say this too-I'm having the same problem with
my external scar.

Melody
June 18th 04, 03:38 AM
"Donna Metler" > wrote in message
.. .

> > Has it ever bothered you? Mine is just super sensitive right now...
> > occasionally it's even painful. I must have a lot of scar tissue. Even
my
> > panties (most of which are right on my incision line) are driving me
> batty!
> >

> I'm glad to hear someone else say this too-I'm having the same problem
with
> my external scar.

It bugs me to death! My midwife says it's normal but it's driving me
crazy!@!@ I'm afraid it's going to become more & more painful as my uterus
expands. How far along are you? I'm close to 11 weeks and just a little
poochy so far but sometimes it gets downright painful... UGH! I'm hoping it
won't get worse.

Melody
June 18th 04, 03:42 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> Only right after the c-section and till it healed. After that though,
nope.
> My underwear waistband falls right on it, doesn't bother me at all. I did
> get my scar tidied up when I had baby #2. In talking to friends who'd had
2
> c-sections and the first was not planned, we all said the same, we didn't
> think our scars were that bad till we had our 2nd and the Dr's neatened
them
> up. None of my friends had problems with theirs either.

Mine didn't bother me until I got pregnant again. I guess the 5 year gap
gave me lots of extra time to build scar tissue... just a guess (?).

What do you mean by having your scar tidied up? I'm hoping they'll throw in
a tummy tuck when they sew me up this time, heh...

Melody
June 18th 04, 03:43 AM
"Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
. ..

> We're the same way!
>
> A lot of people I know shop there, though, because all they can see is
> the lower prices. They don't care about what it does to the economy in
> the long run.

I'm glad to see other people are doing this... Thanks for sharing, I
typically get bashed for it :)

Melody
June 18th 04, 03:45 AM
"Amy" > wrote in message

> "Melody" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Amy" > wrote in message
>
> > I'm a professional photographer so I have to dress pretty well at work.
> > can't pull off casual clothes 95% of the time.
>
> Oooh, do you work by yourself or are you with a company? It would be great
> to have a professional pregnancy photo session (bummer if you had to take
> your own though!)
>
> I try to stick to black too,
> > since I deal with children all the time (sticky hands, drool, and I get
> spit
> > up on quite a bit ;-)) and it doesn't show much.
>
> I thought drool showed on absolutely everything, lol!
>
> I just remember with #1 I
> > woke up one morning and NOTHING would fit. It was just overnight... I
keep
> > having nightmares that I'm at work in a sweatsuit because I couldn't fit
> in
> > anything else... hehehe...
>
> LOL....of all the weird pg nightmares, that one is pretty funny. I've had
> dreams where I turn up naked, but not - OMG - in a _sweatshirt_!
> There's some great maternity wear around though if you can afford it or
> rather if work necessitates it - I'd love to splash out - and here in NZ
at
> least most of it you just buy your normal size, some things have buttons
on
> elastic that you can let out for the later stages of pg. My skirt has been
> comfortable & fitted great from week 12 or so to week 37.

Yeah, it was like a scary sweatsuit too... one I usually wear when I'm
painting... all splattered and starting to show some serious wear. I have
the weirdest dreams lately... Last one was that my baby came out green and
my DH accused me of having an affair with the Hulk...

Tori M.
June 18th 04, 03:54 AM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
> > We're the same way!
> >
> > A lot of people I know shop there, though, because all they can see is
> > the lower prices. They don't care about what it does to the economy in
> > the long run.
> >

> I'm glad to see other people are doing this... Thanks for sharing, I
> typically get bashed for it :)

Hey I love walmart and I understand. I was a vegetarian for 5 years so I do
have a bit of rebel in me. Walmart was a wonderful addition to a town near
where I lived as the only store in that town charged WAY too much for
everything and it was too far to drive to the nest nearest town to get
things. Now we live in the middle of nothing and the closest store to us
that is cheap is still too much. We love the diapers that are only 11.00
for a 68 pack instead of 16 dollars because that 5 dollars can mean up to 3
meals for my family.
I really dont see any need to bash you for your shopping preferances;)

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Leslie
June 18th 04, 04:11 AM
Melody said:

>I've found places that *are* just as cheap as Walmart, problem is that it's
>time consuming to go to 5 different places to get all of the things you
>*could* just make one trip to Walmart to get. I just pretend they don't even
>exist and don't give myself the option to go there. It's a pain in the ass
>sometimes, I'll admit. But after not going there for so long I kinda forget
>the convenience that I'm missing and I feel better about myself for not
>supporting them.

Tell me some of the other cheap places. I don't mind going to more than one
place, really.

I can't even convince DH to stop shopping there so I kinda
>gave up on trying to convince the rest of the world but I feel better not
>doing it...

LOL. Everybody should take action on the things they find important, even if
the rest of the world refuses to follow along!

Leslie

Leslie
June 18th 04, 04:14 AM
Melody asked:

>You've had c-sections, right?

Yes, three of them. :-p

My incision site is super sensitive right now,
>did those pants irritate you?

Nope. The waistbands are really wide and covered in soft material. But FWIW,
my last section was over 9 years ago, and after having three I don't really
have any feeling in that area anyway, so I'm probably not the best person to
ask!

That's the only reason I've been hesitant to
>do the under the belly pants (that and it's difficult to find long shirts
>anymore), I'm afraid they'll drive me batty!
>
>By the way, I know a couple of great places there to have (inexpensive)
>portraits made if you're interested. The company I work for has several
>locations in Knoxville and a lot of really great phorographers there. Let me
>know if you're interested and I'll email you info :)

Sure, e-mail me! I've been terrible about having pictures of #4 made. We have
millions of the other kids but only about four formal ones of him so far.

Leslie

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 18th 04, 04:47 AM
Melody wrote:

> "Sophie" > wrote in message
>

>>Only right after the c-section and till it healed. After that though,
>
> nope.
>
>>My underwear waistband falls right on it, doesn't bother me at all. I did
>>get my scar tidied up when I had baby #2. In talking to friends who'd had
>
> 2
>
>>c-sections and the first was not planned, we all said the same, we didn't
>>think our scars were that bad till we had our 2nd and the Dr's neatened
>
> them
>
>>up. None of my friends had problems with theirs either.
>>

> Mine didn't bother me until I got pregnant again. I guess the 5 year gap
> gave me lots of extra time to build scar tissue... just a guess (?).
>
> What do you mean by having your scar tidied up? I'm hoping they'll throw in
> a tummy tuck when they sew me up this time, heh...

Umm, pardon me if I'm a bit off, since I haven't been following all of
this very closely (I'm not a previous c-section patient), but is the
pain just on the outside? You (or someone else?) said that your
underwear sits on the scar and it drives you nuts. Well, suggestion, if
it's just the scar tissue on the skin that is bugging you: moisturizing
cream, and lots of it. Scar tissue can stretch, but not as easily as
normal skin, but moisturizing cream can help it stretch a bit more easily.

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 18th 04, 04:49 AM
Melody wrote:

> "Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>>We're the same way!
>>
>>A lot of people I know shop there, though, because all they can see is
>>the lower prices. They don't care about what it does to the economy in
>>the long run.
>>

> I'm glad to see other people are doing this... Thanks for sharing, I
> typically get bashed for it :)

I don't get bashed for it. Instead, people wait until I'm not looking,
and then they just laugh at me. ;-) Well, I don't know if what I'm
doing is right or wrong, but I'm doing it anyway. I *think* I'm right.
;-) ...and I don't care if they laugh.

Melody
June 18th 04, 05:25 AM
"Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
. ..

> Umm, pardon me if I'm a bit off, since I haven't been following all of
> this very closely (I'm not a previous c-section patient), but is the
> pain just on the outside? You (or someone else?) said that your
> underwear sits on the scar and it drives you nuts. Well, suggestion, if
> it's just the scar tissue on the skin that is bugging you: moisturizing
> cream, and lots of it. Scar tissue can stretch, but not as easily as
> normal skin, but moisturizing cream can help it stretch a bit more easily.

It's irritating on the outside, when I have pain it seems to be more
internal. I will try lotion or cream though, dunno why I hadn't thought of
that before now.

Donna Metler
June 18th 04, 02:23 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Donna Metler" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
> > > Has it ever bothered you? Mine is just super sensitive right now...
> > > occasionally it's even painful. I must have a lot of scar tissue. Even
> my
> > > panties (most of which are right on my incision line) are driving me
> > batty!
> > >

> > I'm glad to hear someone else say this too-I'm having the same problem
> with
> > my external scar.
> >

> It bugs me to death! My midwife says it's normal but it's driving me
> crazy!@!@ I'm afraid it's going to become more & more painful as my uterus
> expands. How far along are you? I'm close to 11 weeks and just a little
> poochy so far but sometimes it gets downright painful... UGH! I'm hoping
it
> won't get worse.

I'm just going into 13 weeks-same thing. ANd I'm also hoping it won't get
worse. Unfortunately, I have one specific spot which is right between not
only the C-sec. scar but the one from an appendectomy 10 years ago- and that
seems to be the area which hurts the most. It's been almost 2 1/2 years
since the C-section-which should be enough for healing by itself-but it's
been 10 since the appendectomy, and there's no way it should be hurting!

The one on the uterus (vertical, so they don't line up) had one brief period
of pain a month or so ago-then has been fine, but the muscular one is
driving me nuts!

Sophie
June 18th 04, 08:23 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message
> Mine didn't bother me until I got pregnant again. I guess the 5 year gap
> gave me lots of extra time to build scar tissue... just a guess (?).

Ahh none of my other c-section friends had age gaps that big., That might
be it.

> What do you mean by having your scar tidied up? I'm hoping they'll throw
in
> a tummy tuck when they sew me up this time, heh...

Oh please I asked for a tummy tuck, lipo on the saddle bags, and boob lift,
got nada - lol :)
Seriously, my first was not an emergency but it wasn't planned. The Dr did
go kinda fast so the scar was kinda lumpy. It wasn't a big long scar but it
was dark and kinda ugly. So each time the Dr has just kinda fixed it. It's
almost invisible now.

Sophie
June 18th 04, 09:04 PM
"Melody" > wrote in message

> "Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > Umm, pardon me if I'm a bit off, since I haven't been following all of
> > this very closely (I'm not a previous c-section patient), but is the
> > pain just on the outside? You (or someone else?) said that your
> > underwear sits on the scar and it drives you nuts. Well, suggestion, if
> > it's just the scar tissue on the skin that is bugging you: moisturizing
> > cream, and lots of it. Scar tissue can stretch, but not as easily as
> > normal skin, but moisturizing cream can help it stretch a bit more
easily.

> It's irritating on the outside, when I have pain it seems to be more
> internal. I will try lotion or cream though, dunno why I hadn't thought of
> that before now.

My scar has never stretched during pregnancy. My stomach starts well above
it.
I wouldn't be able to put lotion on mine. I have a *thing* about touching my
scar, gives me the creeps - lol.

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 19th 04, 12:10 AM
Sophie wrote:
> "Melody" > wrote in message
>
>>"Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>Umm, pardon me if I'm a bit off, since I haven't been following all of
>>>this very closely (I'm not a previous c-section patient), but is the
>>>pain just on the outside? You (or someone else?) said that your
>>>underwear sits on the scar and it drives you nuts. Well, suggestion, if
>>>it's just the scar tissue on the skin that is bugging you: moisturizing
>>>cream, and lots of it. Scar tissue can stretch, but not as easily as
>>>normal skin, but moisturizing cream can help it stretch a bit more
>
> easily.
>
>>It's irritating on the outside, when I have pain it seems to be more
>>internal. I will try lotion or cream though, dunno why I hadn't thought of
>>that before now.
>

> My scar has never stretched during pregnancy. My stomach starts well above
> it.
> I wouldn't be able to put lotion on mine. I have a *thing* about touching my
> scar, gives me the creeps - lol.

Oh, that's something you can avoid by making sure you touch the scar
while it's healing (well not while it's still raw, obviously, but
later). I learned that after I had plastic surgery on an eyelid. I was
all grossed out and refused to touch my eyelid. Then, when I went for a
checkup, the first thing the surgeon did was ask me if I was touching
it, and when I said no, he immediately stuck his fingers on it and
massaged it (which grossed me out to no end, but *didn't hurt*). He
told me that if I never touched it, I would never desensitize myself.
So, I took his advice, and now I can rub both eyes with no problems.
OK, so an eyelid is not the belly, but I imagine that it's the same
idea. ;-)

Also, I have an old scar from abdominal surgery from pyloric stenosis.
I used to play with it as a child. These days, the scar doesn't bother
me at all and it's probably not much smaller than the size of a
c-section scar (they made a huge incision on me that went right from
side to side). I think the trick there was that I touched it a lot, so
again I desensitized myself.

Sophie
June 19th 04, 01:47 PM
> Oh, that's something you can avoid by making sure you touch the scar
> while it's healing (well not while it's still raw, obviously, but
> later). I learned that after I had plastic surgery on an eyelid. I was
> all grossed out and refused to touch my eyelid. Then, when I went for a
> checkup, the first thing the surgeon did was ask me if I was touching
> it, and when I said no, he immediately stuck his fingers on it and
> massaged it (which grossed me out to no end, but *didn't hurt*). He
> told me that if I never touched it, I would never desensitize myself.
> So, I took his advice, and now I can rub both eyes with no problems.
> OK, so an eyelid is not the belly, but I imagine that it's the same
> idea. ;-)

Eeww I doubt I could touch a scar on an eyelid either. I wear contacts but
anything to do with eyes (or eyelids) creeps me out - lol.

> Also, I have an old scar from abdominal surgery from pyloric stenosis.
> I used to play with it as a child. These days, the scar doesn't bother
> me at all and it's probably not much smaller than the size of a
> c-section scar (they made a huge incision on me that went right from
> side to side). I think the trick there was that I touched it a lot, so
> again I desensitized myself.

How big do people think c-sections scars are? I just looked in the mirror.
It might be 5 inches long and just about invisble (and not to mention about
an inch or 2 below my hairline). It's not like they hack you all the way
across.

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 19th 04, 10:51 PM
Sophie wrote:
> How big do people think c-sections scars are? I just looked in the mirror.
> It might be 5 inches long and just about invisble (and not to mention about
> an inch or 2 below my hairline). It's not like they hack you all the way
> across.

OK, that's probably about the size of my scar. Of course, they *did*
hack me all the way across, since I was a baby. ;-) (that's why I
mentioned that they went right across) And no, I don't know why they
did that. It was emergency surgery, so maybe they just hurried up. ;-)

Donna Metler
June 19th 04, 11:21 PM
"Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
> Sophie wrote:
> > How big do people think c-sections scars are? I just looked in the
mirror.
> > It might be 5 inches long and just about invisble (and not to mention
about
> > an inch or 2 below my hairline). It's not like they hack you all the
way
> > across.
>
> OK, that's probably about the size of my scar. Of course, they *did*
> hack me all the way across, since I was a baby. ;-) (that's why I
> mentioned that they went right across) And no, I don't know why they
> did that. It was emergency surgery, so maybe they just hurried up. ;-)

Mine must be larger than normal-it goes from one side of the pelvis to the
other, and is almost exactly where bikini panties lie.-I knew the one on the
uterus was larger than normal, since it wasn't as stretched out-guess the
muscles on top weren't as stretched and required more cutting, too.

Buzzy Bee
June 20th 04, 12:25 PM
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:21:52 -0500, Donna Metler >
wrote:
> Mine must be larger than normal-it goes from one side of the pelvis to
> the
> other, and is almost exactly where bikini panties lie.-

OK, my husband's appendectomy is larger than that (only done 3.5 years
ago, so we have no idea why its so big).

Megan

Iuil
June 20th 04, 08:30 PM
"Buzzy Bee" wrote
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:21:52 -0500, Donna Metler wrote:
> > Mine must be larger than normal-it goes from one side of the pelvis to
> > the
> > other, and is almost exactly where bikini panties lie.-
>
> OK, my husband's appendectomy is larger than that (only done 3.5 years
> ago, so we have no idea why its so big).
>
> Megan

Bad surgeon? Lack of time? Unsure diagnosis?

I must show you my appendectomy scar - it's 4-5 inches long and vertical,
starting just to the right of my navel. The consultant surgeon blamed my
weight - I was 11 stone at the time and the fact that he wasn't 100% sure
that it was appendicitis. Personally, I think he just wanted to punish me
for having him called out at 4am during a junior doctors strike.

Conversely, my c/s scar is practicallly invisible 2 years later even though
I was 4 stone heavier at the time.

Jean