PDA

View Full Version : rash, itchy on my body

Christina Stuart
June 15th 04, 09:46 PM
Hi:

I am 18 weeks pregnant now. My body feel very, very itchy and there is
rash all over my body. This is my second child. During my first
pregnancy, I had similar problem. But it disappeared when I was four
month pregnant. This time, the symptom is worse and it just doesn't go
away. My OB doctor just told me that she doesn't think it is
pregnancy-related, because rash should be only around your stomach. My
feeling, plus my first child experience, is that it is pregnancy-related
and maybe related to the warm, humid climate in Northern Virginia. I was
in Chicago and had my first child. The weather there is relatively dry
and cool.

I would great appreciate your advice. Thank you very much.

Tori M.
June 15th 04, 10:30 PM
I had a good sized itchy rash for a while but it seemed to clean up in time
for my dr.s appointments;) Just like my daughter gets a mysterious case of
diaper rash the day we have a drs appointment. I never figured out what
caused it but it did go away on its own.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
"Christina Stuart" > wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I am 18 weeks pregnant now. My body feel very, very itchy and there is
> rash all over my body. This is my second child. During my first
> pregnancy, I had similar problem. But it disappeared when I was four
> month pregnant. This time, the symptom is worse and it just doesn't go
> away. My OB doctor just told me that she doesn't think it is
> pregnancy-related, because rash should be only around your stomach. My
> feeling, plus my first child experience, is that it is pregnancy-related
> and maybe related to the warm, humid climate in Northern Virginia. I was
> in Chicago and had my first child. The weather there is relatively dry
> and cool.
>
> I would great appreciate your advice. Thank you very much.

MomToN
June 16th 04, 06:06 AM
Even I had raised, itchy rashes all over my body during 2nd trimester
and each time I wished to show it to my OB it would go away before the
appoinment. Once, when I got it, I just ran for a visit to her so that
she could see it and she prescribed calamine lotion and an
anti-histamine. I did not take the anti-histamine but applied calamine
lotion daily for a couple of days and the rash went away. It was
instant relief for itching.