PDA

View Full Version : growth spurt hell

Angela Schepers
June 16th 04, 02:41 PM
Well, Quinn will be 6 weeks this friday and for the past couple days
he's hit a growth spurt. He's eating 2.5-4 ounces every 1.5-2.5 hours.
He was up at 12 am, 2 am, 4 am, and 6:30 am this morning. DH and I
are totally exhausted!!! We alternate getting up for feedings but we
still both wake up for them. I didn't think I could get any more tired
than I was yesterday but I guess I was wrong. Before he was eating
every 3-3.5 hours and sleeping around 3 hours at a time during the night
so I know he's hit a spurt but my question is-how long will the feeding
frenzy last? It's been a full 2 days now and I don't know if I can take
much more. I'm so tired I can't see or think straight anymore.

Angela, DH &
Quinn

Jill
June 16th 04, 03:05 PM
(sorry for the top post),,,
I am with you! Rachel hit some growth spurt but has evidently been on a
steady one for the past week. For the past few days she will sleep through
the night except for one waking, BUT during the day she eats every HOUR it
seems!!!!!! And she nurses for a long time.... I am so exhausted.

Actually, I might have some energy, because I get sort of restless having to
stop all activity and nurse for a whole hour, then in 45 to an hour she's
ready to go again.

But I'm not complaining (well. I AM, but it's just that I know this will be
over soon and I will miss these sweet days)...