PDA

View Full Version : strange movement question

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 17th 04, 03:17 AM
Does anyone ever feel a pulling sensation? I know that babies can
really get rolling around in there and can pull on their cords. I
assume that my little one is and has been doing this ever since the
start. It just feels so weird now, though, and I assume it's because
the baby is bigger (I generally feel *everything* way more, these days).
I'm at 30 weeks now.

What I feel is this strange pulling sensation around my belly button.
It's like a muscle contraction, except utterly painless and very mild.
I've been feeling this off and on, in exactly the same spot, for nearly
as long as I've been feeling the baby move. I never thought much of it
until now, now that I can feel so much more. I'm not ultra worried, or
anything, but I'm wondering.

Or perhaps it *is* a muscle contraction?

Thanks!

Amy
June 17th 04, 06:26 AM
This one scared the heck out of me at 25 weeks, by pulling on her cord - or
at least that's what we think she was doing. It didn't hurt, but it was a
definite sudden, pulling, almost like an electric shock. It was around my
belly button, where my placenta is.
Could be braxton hicks though.

"Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
> Does anyone ever feel a pulling sensation? I know that babies can
> really get rolling around in there and can pull on their cords. I
> assume that my little one is and has been doing this ever since the
> start. It just feels so weird now, though, and I assume it's because
> the baby is bigger (I generally feel *everything* way more, these days).
> I'm at 30 weeks now.
>
> What I feel is this strange pulling sensation around my belly button.
> It's like a muscle contraction, except utterly painless and very mild.
> I've been feeling this off and on, in exactly the same spot, for nearly
> as long as I've been feeling the baby move. I never thought much of it
> until now, now that I can feel so much more. I'm not ultra worried, or
> anything, but I'm wondering.
>
> Or perhaps it *is* a muscle contraction?
>
> Thanks!

Vicky Bilaniuk
June 17th 04, 04:30 PM
Amy wrote:

> Could be braxton hicks though.

Yeah I've been wondering about that, too, but honestly I have no clue
what these are supposed to feel like. I've had mild cramping every now
and then that I assume are BH contractions, and then totally painless
tightening, mixed with this type of stuff. All weird. Everything seems
to be fine, though, and I'm not worried. The little one is showing no
change in behaviour, except that the kicks get stronger and more
noticeable over time, of course. :-) Nothing spastic and no shocking
kicks, though.

Puester
June 17th 04, 11:15 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

> Does anyone ever feel a pulling sensation? I know that babies can
> really get rolling around in there and can pull on their cords. I
> assume that my little one is and has been doing this ever since the
> start. It just feels so weird now, though, and I assume it's because
> the baby is bigger (I generally feel *everything* way more, these days).
> I'm at 30 weeks now.
>
> What I feel is this strange pulling sensation around my belly button.
> It's like a muscle contraction, except utterly painless and very mild.
> I've been feeling this off and on, in exactly the same spot, for nearly
> as long as I've been feeling the baby move. I never thought much of it
> until now, now that I can feel so much more. I'm not ultra worried, or
> anything, but I'm wondering.
>
> Or perhaps it *is* a muscle contraction?
>
> Thanks!

It sounds like a Braxton-Hicks contraction.

gp