PDA

View Full Version : In search of . . . a certain stroller

Leslie
June 17th 04, 05:41 AM
I know I have seen this stroller somewhere . . .

It looks like your basic umbrella-type stroller, but in the back there is a two
step contraption where an older child can stand on the bottom step facing out,
or sit on the top step facing mom.

William will be nearly four by the time we need a stroller for the new baby, so
I don't want to buy a traditional double--he's 40 lbs. already. But I do want
somewhere he can sit, so I can walk for exercis sometimes and not at toddler
pace.

Anyone know what catalogue this is in? It's not One Step Ahead--I got that
today and all they have is the board for standing, not the one for sitting as
well.

TIA,

Leslie

Chotii
June 17th 04, 08:16 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> I know I have seen this stroller somewhere . . .
>
> It looks like your basic umbrella-type stroller, but in the back there is
a two
> step contraption where an older child can stand on the bottom step facing
out,
> or sit on the top step facing mom.

This is called the Sit-N-Stand, and there appear to be two brands: Baby
Trend, and Swan. The newest version of the Baby Trend looks lightweight,
maneuverable, and handy. I have never been impressed with the swivels for
the front wheels on Baby Trend strollers, so take that as you will, but the
one I saw looked good. I have never seen a Swan brand one. You should be
able to find one at Babies R Us, Toys R Us, or online.

--angela

Welches
June 17th 04, 09:08 AM
Leslie > wrote in message
> I know I have seen this stroller somewhere . . .
>
> It looks like your basic umbrella-type stroller, but in the back there is
a two
> step contraption where an older child can stand on the bottom step facing
out,
> or sit on the top step facing mom.
>
> William will be nearly four by the time we need a stroller for the new
baby, so
> I don't want to buy a traditional double--he's 40 lbs. already. But I do
want
> somewhere he can sit, so I can walk for exercis sometimes and not at
toddler
> pace.
>
> Anyone know what catalogue this is in? It's not One Step Ahead--I got
that
> today and all they have is the board for standing, not the one for sitting
as
> well.

Are you sure that it isn't a buggy board? Ours has 2 steps to carry 2
children or for one to sit. It's called "seat n go" or something like that
and by Linax (I think) It's an Israeli firm who are lovely (then sent me
free the things to fix the board to the buggy after the stroller it had been
attached to was stollen with th originals on). People have thought it's part
of the buggy before-and it fits on my umbrella stroller fine.
Just an extra line. It isn't the easiest thing to push. You do take a little
getting used to it. You have to make sure the wheels are parallel and push
slightly leaning over. It doesn't give ma a problem but I know someone who
found it gave them back ache because you're walking so far away from the
buggy. The worst I've had from it is a stubbed toe!!
Debbie

Tracey
June 17th 04, 05:16 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> I know I have seen this stroller somewhere . . .
>
> It looks like your basic umbrella-type stroller, but in the back there is
a two
> step contraption where an older child can stand on the bottom step facing
out,
> or sit on the top step facing mom.

IIRC, its called the SitNStand by BabyTrend.

toypup
June 17th 04, 10:50 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> I know I have seen this stroller somewhere . . .
>
> It looks like your basic umbrella-type stroller, but in the back there is
a two
> step contraption where an older child can stand on the bottom step facing
out,
> or sit on the top step facing mom.
>
> William will be nearly four by the time we need a stroller for the new
baby, so
> I don't want to buy a traditional double--he's 40 lbs. already. But I do
want
> somewhere he can sit, so I can walk for exercis sometimes and not at
toddler
> pace.
>
> Anyone know what catalogue this is in? It's not One Step Ahead--I got
that
> today and all they have is the board for standing, not the one for sitting
as
> well.

I've seen those in the catalogues and would have bought one but for the fact
that I saw it at BRU and tried it out. They aren't that easy to push
around.

Karen
June 18th 04, 12:44 AM
nak... i have the swan new sitnstand plus or something...

strollers4less.com.

the back seat snaps off to make a bench to sit on or a buggy board thing
for the older child to stand on. i had a heck of a time finding a double
to accomodate an older/heavier child (ds1 is 4 and I have a newborn,
most seem to be made to accomodate twins or a 2 year age gap).

this was the only front/back stroller I could find that was made for a
bigger child. but now that I think about it, I think the one I looked at
in BRU was the baby trend, and I thought that was what I was geting
online. didn't realize two companies would use the same "sit'n stand"
name. otherwise most double joggers hold up to a 50 pound child.

e me off list if you want more info about the one I got

-Karen, mom to Henry 4 and William 2 months-

Leslie
June 18th 04, 04:28 AM
Angela said:

>This is called the Sit-N-Stand, and there appear to be two brands: Baby
>Trend, and Swan.

That's it, all right! Thanks.

How seriously would you take the recommendation that a child weigh only 45 lbs
to ride on the jump seat? William is nearly 40 lbs. now.

Leslie

Leslie
June 18th 04, 04:29 AM
Debbie asked:

>Are you sure that it isn't a buggy board?

Yes, I'm sure--it's an always attached sort of thing.

Leslie

Leslie
June 18th 04, 04:29 AM
Tracey said:

>IIRC, its called the SitNStand by BabyTrend.

Yep, that's it! Thanks.

Leslie

Leslie
June 18th 04, 04:31 AM
Toypup said:

>I've seen those in the catalogues and would have bought one but for the fact
>that I saw it at BRU and tried it out. They aren't that easy to push
>around.

Oh, really? What was hard about it? Did the wheels not move well, or it was
too heavy, or too low, or what? My current stroller is too short for me, and
lists heavily to the right, and it is about to drive me crazy.

Leslie

toypup
June 18th 04, 05:10 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Toypup said:
>
> >I've seen those in the catalogues and would have bought one but for the
fact
> >that I saw it at BRU and tried it out. They aren't that easy to push
> >around.
>
> Oh, really? What was hard about it? Did the wheels not move well, or it
was
> too heavy, or too low, or what? My current stroller is too short for me,
and
> lists heavily to the right, and it is about to drive me crazy.

It was the one that attached to the stroller that the kids can sit or stand
on. It made me stand too far from the stroller and just want to kick the
attachment out of the way. Too awkward.

Leslie
June 20th 04, 05:19 AM
Toypup said:

>It was the one that attached to the stroller that the kids can sit or stand
>on. It made me stand too far from the stroller and just want to kick the
>attachment out of the way. Too awkward.

I agree with you about those. I did not like the looks of those. The one I
want has the jumpseat thingie as an integral part of the stroller. It is
inside the area the handle of the stroller sticks out from (where a second seat
would normally be) so I don't think it would get in the way.

Leslie