PDA

View Full Version : A Mommy question

Lina
June 19th 04, 01:26 AM
Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really wrong???
Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????

*goes crazy*

Chotii
June 19th 04, 01:46 AM
"Lina" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
> Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really wrong???
> Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????
>
> *goes crazy*

It means your test was flawed. Those tests are treated in two locations, to
show one or two lines. If the whole thing goes purple and doesn't fade away
and show one or two lines, it's a dud.

--angela

Tori M.
June 19th 04, 01:48 AM
I would try a differant test. It sounds like a - to me but I could be
wrong.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
"Lina" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
> Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really wrong???
> Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????
>
> *goes crazy*

Lina
June 19th 04, 02:08 AM
"Chotii" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Lina" > wrote in message
> .cable.rogers.com...
> > Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> > DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really
wrong???
> > Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????
> >
> > *goes crazy*
>
> It means your test was flawed. Those tests are treated in two locations,
> show one or two lines. If the whole thing goes purple and doesn't fade
away
> and show one or two lines, it's a dud.
>
> --angela

Dang it. I'm just going to go to the doctor.

Dagny
June 19th 04, 02:36 AM
"Lina" > wrote in message

> Dang it. I'm just going to go to the doctor.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and more satisfying to just go get another test from
the drugstore?

:)

The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are just
laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of the
same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you GROSSLY
misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave and
then run over it with your car.

-- Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
and EDD 1/19/05

Puester
June 19th 04, 02:44 AM
Lina wrote:

> Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really wrong???
> Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????

At least....

;-)

gloria p

Lina
June 19th 04, 03:00 AM
"Dagny" > wrote in message

> "Lina" > wrote in message
> > >
> > Dang it. I'm just going to go to the doctor.
> >

> Wouldn't it be cheaper and more satisfying to just go get another test
from
> the drugstore?
>
> :)
>
> The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are just
> laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of the
> same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you GROSSLY
> misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave and
> then run over it with your car.
>
> -- Dagny
> Mom to Meg, 10/03
> and EDD 1/19/05

Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P

Unadulterated Me
June 19th 04, 05:23 AM
Lina wrote:

> Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really wrong???
> Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????
>
> *goes crazy*

Buggered if I know, repeat the test it was probably a dud, did you check
the expiration date?

Amy
June 19th 04, 05:37 AM
"Dagny" > wrote in message

> The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are just
> laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of the
> same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you GROSSLY
> misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave and
> then run over it with your car.

lol...a lot of the tests I've tried go pink all over, but quickly settle
into one or two lines. I'm assuming this didn't happen for the OP.

Mamma Mia
June 19th 04, 02:30 PM
"Lina" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...

> "Dagny" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Lina" > wrote in message
> > > >
> > > Dang it. I'm just going to go to the doctor.
> > >

> > Wouldn't it be cheaper and more satisfying to just go get another test
> from
> > the drugstore?
> >
> > :)
> >
> > The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are
just
> > laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of
the
> > same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you
GROSSLY
> > misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave
and
> > then run over it with your car.
> >
> > -- Dagny
> > Mom to Meg, 10/03
> > and EDD 1/19/05
> >

> Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P

Free? HPT's are free? wow. i thought we had it good in aus

Mamma Mia
June 19th 04, 02:47 PM
"Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
u...

> "Lina" > wrote in message
> .cable.rogers.com...

> > > Wouldn't it be cheaper and more satisfying to just go get another test
> > from
> > > the drugstore?
> > >
> > > :)
> > >
> > > The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are
> just
> > > laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of
> the
> > > same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you
> GROSSLY
> > > misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave
> and
> > > then run over it with your car.
> > >
> > > -- Dagny
> > > Mom to Meg, 10/03
> > > and EDD 1/19/05
> > >

> > Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P
> >

> Free? HPT's are free? wow. i thought we had it good in aus

that sounds a bit cold - may i also say that i hope you get another test
sorted and get hte result that you want.

:)

Christina
June 19th 04, 03:00 PM
"Mamma Mia" wrote

> Free? HPT's are free? wow. i thought we had it good in aus

I had to stop and think about it too, as I'm also in Canada, and
the last HPT I bought was three years ago and I still had to pay
for it...but I think she meant that it's free to go to the doctor
here.

Christina, not planning to get any HPTs any time soon, free or
not
mom to DS, 2.5 yrs

Sue
June 19th 04, 04:07 PM
Lina > wrote in message
> Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P

You can free pregnancy tests in the states too. I went to the pregnancy
clinics and I got three tests for free. :o)
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Lina
June 19th 04, 04:27 PM
"Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
u...

> "Lina" > wrote in message
> .cable.rogers.com...

> > > Wouldn't it be cheaper and more satisfying to just go get another test
> > from
> > > the drugstore?
> > >
> > > :)
> > >
> > > The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are
> just
> > > laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of
> the
> > > same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you
> GROSSLY
> > > misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave
> and
> > > then run over it with your car.
> > >
> > > -- Dagny
> > > Mom to Meg, 10/03
> > > and EDD 1/19/05
> > >

> > Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P
> >

> Free? HPT's are free? wow. i thought we had it good in aus

Not home ones, but the blood test at a doctor's office isn't paid for by me
(well, I guess my taxes pay for it later...) I can also get a free HPT at a
local public health clinic too... but I'd rather go for the more accurate
blood test at this point.

Sophie
June 19th 04, 04:33 PM
"Sue" > wrote in message
> Lina > wrote in message
> > Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P
>
> You can free pregnancy tests in the states too. I went to the pregnancy
> clinics and I got three tests for free. :o)
> --
> Sue (mom to three girls)

Yep, same with Navy hospitals.

Nan
June 19th 04, 05:16 PM
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:07:30 -0400, "Sue"
> snuck out of the ether to utter:

>Lina > wrote in message
>> Yes, if I lived in the States... here a pregnancy test is free. :P
>
>You can free pregnancy tests in the states too. I went to the pregnancy
>clinics and I got three tests for free. :o)

Me too.

Nan

Lina
June 19th 04, 08:50 PM
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Lina wrote:
>
> > Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> > DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really
wrong???
> > Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????
> >
> > *goes crazy*
> >

> Buggered if I know, repeat the test it was probably a dud, did you check
> the expiration date?

Yup, before I even bought it.
I'm going to the docs on Monday

Lina
June 19th 04, 08:51 PM
This is why I didn't want to take one to begin with. I'll buy it and get my
hopes up, and then something either goes wrong or it's a negative.

"Tori M." > wrote in message
> I would try a differant test. It sounds like a - to me but I could be
> wrong.
>
> Tori
>
> --
> Bonnie 3/20/02
> Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
> "Lina" > wrote in message
> .cable.rogers.com...
> > Okay... what does it mean when a home pregnancy test result window turns
> > DARK purple instead of a line? Does it mean something went really
wrong???
> > Or does it mean you're having like quadruplets????
> >
> > *goes crazy*

Lina
June 19th 04, 08:53 PM
"Amy" > wrote in message

> "Dagny" > wrote in message
>
> > The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are
just
> > laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of
the
> > same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you
GROSSLY
> > misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave
and
> > then run over it with your car.
>
> lol...a lot of the tests I've tried go pink all over, but quickly settle
> into one or two lines. I'm assuming this didn't happen for the OP.

See, it went the light shade of pink as it spread across the test windows.
The first window is to tell you if you are pregnant or not, and the second
window tells you if you did it right.
The second window had a dark purple line (I did it right) and the first
window went all dark purple.
Stupid tests!

Mo
June 19th 04, 09:40 PM
Hope you'll get the result you want at the doctor's :-).

Mo

Amy
June 19th 04, 11:14 PM
"Lina" > wrote in message
. rogers.com...

> "Amy" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Dagny" > wrote in message
> >
> > > The antigen thingies that the hcg (pregnancy hormone) reacts with are
> just
> > > laid down on the paper strip inside the test stick in a single line of
> the
> > > same width as the control line. It doesn't run unless I guess you
> GROSSLY
> > > misuse the test, I'm pretty sure you'd have to put it in the microwave
> and
> > > then run over it with your car.
> >
> > lol...a lot of the tests I've tried go pink all over, but quickly settle
> > into one or two lines. I'm assuming this didn't happen for the OP.
> >

> See, it went the light shade of pink as it spread across the test windows.
> The first window is to tell you if you are pregnant or not, and the second
> window tells you if you did it right.
> The second window had a dark purple line (I did it right) and the first
> window went all dark purple.
> Stupid tests!

In that case, I don't think the test tells you anything as it's faulty. Get
another one done. I hope you get the right answer :-)