PDA

View Full Version : Official announcement

Plissken
June 20th 04, 03:46 AM
I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and hadn't
a clue about signs of ovulation!

Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to convince
DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him otherwise!
I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
morning sickness the way I did with DD!

Nadene

Leslie
June 20th 04, 05:15 AM
Congratulations, Nadene!

Leslie

Sophie
June 20th 04, 07:49 PM
Congrats!!

"Plissken" > wrote in message
> I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
> Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
> don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
> around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
> months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
> just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
> won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
> need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
> thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and
hadn't
> a clue about signs of ovulation!
>
> Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
> make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
> have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to
convince
> DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
> him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him
otherwise!
> I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
> morning sickness the way I did with DD!
>
> Nadene

Jody Pellerin
June 20th 04, 08:10 PM
"Plissken" > wrote in message news:<nU6Bc.814872$oR5.472267@pd7tw3no>...
> I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
> Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
> don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
> around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
> months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
> just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
> won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
> need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
> thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and hadn't
> a clue about signs of ovulation!
>
> Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
> make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
> have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to convince
> DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
> him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him otherwise!
> I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
> morning sickness the way I did with DD!
>
> Nadene

Congradulations. Not everybody gets morning sickness, I didn't. So you
might skip it :)

Carla
June 20th 04, 09:23 PM
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:46:43 GMT, "Plissken"
> wrote:

>I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
>Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
>don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
>around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
>months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
>just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
>won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
>need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
>thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and hadn't
>a clue about signs of ovulation!
>
>Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
>make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
>have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to convince
>DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
>him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him otherwise!
>I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
>morning sickness the way I did with DD!

I never got a bit of morning sickness and I just had a boy -- maybe
that's what you'll have this time! My mom has MS with me & my sister
but none with my brother so...?

Congratulations!!

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

Elly
June 20th 04, 09:30 PM
"Plissken" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>We
> just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th.

Wonderful news, Nadene :-) Congratulations! Have you told Maddy yet?

Elly
DD Erin - 8+ months old

Elle
June 21st 04, 12:51 AM
"Plissken" > wrote in message news:<nU6Bc.814872$oR5.472267@pd7tw3no>...
> I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
> Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
> don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
> around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
> months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
> just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
> won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
> need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
> thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and hadn't
> a clue about signs of ovulation!
>
> Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
> make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
> have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to convince
> DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
> him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him otherwise!
> I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
> morning sickness the way I did with DD!
>
> Nadene

Congrats!

Elle

Plissken
June 21st 04, 01:31 AM
"Elly" > wrote in message

> "Plissken" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >We
> > just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th.
>
> Wonderful news, Nadene :-) Congratulations! Have you told Maddy yet?

Yes but she doesn't get it :o)

Cathy
June 21st 04, 03:13 AM
Plissken wrote:
> I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
> Brigitte") even though it's still really early! We just found out
yesterday that we are due with #2 on
> Feb. 27th.

Congratulations!

> Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't
> actually make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this
> time I hope to have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I
> just have to convince DH that this will be ok. He does not want a
> home birth.

You sound like me! Did what was expected of me last time, and had a
hospital birth. But it looks as though this will be no. 2 and the last, so
I want to do things my way. DH was convinced of the home birth thing
because he hated going home from the hospital last time. He had to work
during the day (small business/boss away) and then come and see me and the
new baby and get a bit of bonding time, then get kicked out at 8pm and go
home to an empty house. And as I was in for 5 days (feeding issues), it was
a long 5 days for him. Good luck with convincing your DH.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Cherie
June 21st 04, 04:20 AM
"Plissken" > wrote in message
> I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
> Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
> don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
> around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
> months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
> just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
> won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
> need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
> thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and
hadn't
> a clue about signs of ovulation!

Congratulations!! I loved that book as well. I used it while trying to get
pregnant with DS and learned so much about my body and ovulation. We even
got pregnant the first month we tried. And with this pregnancy I knew at
conception that I was going to be pregnant just by my CF alone. I swear by
that book and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

> Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
> make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
> have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to
convince
> DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
> him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him
otherwise!
> I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
> morning sickness the way I did with DD!
>
> Nadene

Though I would love a home birth I know there is no way I would ever be able
to convince DH of it. Good luck and we will all keep our fingers crossed for
you!!

--
Cherie
mom to Jakob (22 months)

Hope
June 21st 04, 01:38 PM
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:46:43 GMT, "Plissken"
> wrote:

>I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
>Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
>don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
>around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
>months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
>just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
>won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
>need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
>thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and hadn't
>a clue about signs of ovulation!
>
>Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
>make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
>have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to convince
>DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
>him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him otherwise!
>I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
>morning sickness the way I did with DD!
>
>Nadene

Congratulations and good luck on getting your homebirth. There are
loads of good things you can give your husband to read if he likes to
do research, and meeting a competent midwife will reassure him too!

Hope
--
Riley 1993 c/s
Tara 2002 HBAC

Carol Ann
June 21st 04, 04:33 PM
> I guess I might as well announce this officially (was posted in "Oh
> Brigitte") even though it's still really early! A little background as I
> don't post here too regularly. I'm Nadene (33 yrs) and I've been hanging
> around here since 2002 when I was pregnant with my DD Maddy (now 13.5
> months). Like I said I mostly lurk but guess I will now be delurking. We
> just found out yesterday that we are due with #2 on Feb. 27th. DH still
> won't really believe it until I confirm it with the Dr. Sorry but I don't
> need to pee on another stick to prove it :o) We conceived nice and quickly
> thanks to "Taking charge of your Fertility". I have 40 day cycles and
hadn't
> a clue about signs of ovulation!
>
> Last time I had a hospital birth with a physician (well he didn't actually
> make it to the deliver, the nurses delivered DD) and this time I hope to
> have a home birth with a midwife and doula present. I just have to
convince
> DH that this will be ok. He does not want a home birth. I think it freaks
> him out quite a bit, but I'm hoping the midwife will convince him
otherwise!
> I really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and I REALLY hope I don't get
> morning sickness the way I did with DD!
>
> Nadene

Awesome!! Congratulations!!!

~Carol Ann