PDA

View Full Version : Re: Overhaul of U.S. Vaccine Strategy Urged

Kimmer
August 5th 03, 12:03 AM
Mark wrote:

> Overhaul of U.S. Vaccine Strategy Urged
>

> By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID, Associated Press Writer
>
> WASHINGTON - To ensure that all Americans get needed vaccinations, the
> government should require medical insurance to cover the shots and
> should provide vouchers to people without insurance, a panel of
medical
> experts recommended Monday.

The state of California has a program in place to cover the cost of
immunizations for children. There is a form that is filled out when a
child is seen for immunizations that asks if there is insurance coverage
for immunizations. This is regardless of income level; our family is
way over the limit for Medicaid, yet I was able to get my daughter's
last round of immunizations covered through this program.

Kimmer