PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pregestamil - yuk!

Tsu Dho Nimh
August 14th 03, 09:11 AM
Rich > wrote:

>My son is 18 months old and is under the 10th percentile on the growth
>chart. He sees a GI doctor and nutritionist regularly. My son has to
>drink Pregestamil as per the doc's advice. This stuff smells and tastes
>horrible! So he won't drink as much as we would like to see him drink.
>Are there any tricks? like adding a flavor to it?

You might try adding a couple of drops of mint extract (EXTRACT
from the grocery store, not essential oil) to hide the flavor and
smell.

Serving it well-chilled might help, or even freezing it and
making a "milkshake" out of it.

And ask the doc if it's just for the added calories, in which
case you can probably boost calories in regular foods. If it's
because he has a digestive disorder, he probably needs the
Pregestamil pre-digested proteins.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both