PDA

View Full Version : hep b help please!

Laura Snow
August 18th 03, 12:28 PM
I'm an American living in the Netherlands and they refuse to give my baby
the hep b vaccine. I have read about it and since I live in like the drug
capital of the world, I want my baby vaccinated. Besides that, in 4 yrs we
are moving to the USA and he needs the vaccine for school I'm told. I'd
rather him go thru it now than when he's older and I'd have to bribe him
(haha).

First when he was born I asked for it and they said no. Then at 2 months he
was to get his first vaccines and I asked about it and they said since I'm
American and we travel a lot that he will get it. I got to the office and
they said no.

Now we called our reg dr and they said we can pay for it and to come in this
thursday. Now someone called me to say NO again and ask me why I'd want
that!

ARG! Why is it so hard? Any tips? We are in the USA in a week if that helps.

Another thing that bothers me is it was on the news that at places like
mcdonalds they have to get rid of the ball playing area since hep b is
spread that way from other kids drooling on the balls. So if it's a problem,
why not vaccinate?

SOMEHOW my kid will get this vaccine... somehow.. please help?

Laura
ds Sebastian May 16, 2003

D. C. Sessions
August 18th 03, 03:44 PM
In >, Laura Snow wrote:

> ARG! Why is it so hard? Any tips? We are in the USA in a week if that helps.

Sounds like a good bet.
Your best bet may be to set it up in advance.
Around here it's easy to get HepB at the County
Health Service, and thanks to all the illegals
they're not fussy about legal residency.

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |

Tsu Dho Nimh
August 18th 03, 03:59 PM
"Laura Snow" > wrote:

>I'm an American living in the Netherlands and they refuse to give my baby
>the hep b vaccine.

Ask the Embassy if they know of a place that will give the
vaccine without having to hassle the Dutch bureaucracy.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both