PDA

View Full Version : olive oil, difference between pharmacists and for cooking

August 21st 03, 03:56 PM
Hi
Whats the difference between the olive oil you get from
the pharmacists for the skin (e.g. babys face) and that
you get from your local shop asda/walmart/etc. Will
the latter do the same job?

Thanks

Tsu Dho Nimh
August 22nd 03, 01:27 AM
wrote:

>Hi
> Whats the difference between the olive oil you get from
>the pharmacists for the skin (e.g. babys face) and that
>you get from your local shop asda/walmart/etc. Will
>the latter do the same job?

Pharmacy grade, or cosmetic grade, olive oil is more carefully
controlled for things like organic acid level, and bacterial
contamination.

What do you plan to do with it?

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both

August 22nd 03, 02:55 PM
> > Whats the difference between the olive oil you get from
> >the pharmacists for the skin (e.g. babys face) and that
> >you get from your local shop asda/walmart/etc. Will
> >the latter do the same job?
>
> Pharmacy grade, or cosmetic grade, olive oil is more carefully
> controlled for things like organic acid level, and bacterial
> contamination.

> What do you plan to do with it?

Use it for the babys head, as advised by the health worker. From
the sounds of it stick to the pharmacies one.
I did ask the local pharmacist but they didn't know