PDA

View Full Version : Re: My little brother's question.

PF Riley
August 28th 03, 07:07 AM
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:12:40 -0500, "Salomon Turgman"
> wrote:

>Hello,
>My brother got mononucleosis the past week. He lives in Central America.
>He asked me if people who got mono can later in their lives donate blood.
>He thinks that having mono is like having a scar in your blood so you cant
>donate blood anymore. Is this true?

No, it is not true. There are certain circumstances where donated
blood or organs will be tested for one particular virus that can cause
mono (CMV), but even then it does not mean you can't donate.

PF

Salomon Turgman
August 28th 03, 11:46 PM
thank you...