PDA

View Full Version : Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide?

Pages : 1 [2]

V35B
October 2nd 03, 12:33 AM
It is included as a sedative hypnotic, not an analgesic. You should
refrain from giving advice on the list about pharmacology, because you
don't understand it....

madiba wrote:
> V35B > wrote:
>

>>MAdiba,
>>
>>Wrong again, Klnopin is a benzodiazepine just as Valium. Both have
>>antiseizure effects. In fact Valium is the drug of choice for status
>>epilepticus. NEITHER will relieve pain. Neither have any analgesic
>>property....
>>

> Look genius, we were discussing tranquillizers. Benzods are the best
> tranquillizers. Klonopin is safer because there is less resp. depr. than
> in valium. It IS included in pain management schedules, look it up.
>
>>Better get that book....

Mxsmanic
October 2nd 03, 01:11 AM
madiba writes:

> I meant he's experienced the blissful painless state that morphine puts
> you in and is reluctant to settle for anything less now.

When opiates are used only for pain relief, the incidence of consequent
abuse is very low.

madiba
October 2nd 03, 07:44 AM
V35B > wrote:

> It is included as a sedative hypnotic, not an analgesic. You should
> refrain from giving advice on the list about pharmacology, because you
> don't understand it....
This is rich, coming from someone advising 0.3 -3mg of valium/lb for
kids! Go take a hike bozo.

> madiba wrote:
> > V35B > wrote:
> >

> >>MAdiba,
> >>
> >>Wrong again, Klnopin is a benzodiazepine just as Valium. Both have
> >>antiseizure effects. In fact Valium is the drug of choice for status
> >>epilepticus. NEITHER will relieve pain. Neither have any analgesic
> >>property....
> >>

> > Look genius, we were discussing tranquillizers. Benzods are the best
> > tranquillizers. Klonopin is safer because there is less resp. depr. than
> > in valium. It IS included in pain management schedules, look it up.
> >
> >>Better get that book....

madiba

madiba
October 2nd 03, 07:44 AM
Mxsmanic > wrote:

> madiba writes:
>
> > I meant he's experienced the blissful painless state that morphine puts
> > you in and is reluctant to settle for anything less now.
>
> When opiates are used only for pain relief, the incidence of consequent
> abuse is very low.

I know the stats, I'm basing my observations on the little guy's
reaction to pain nowdays. Anyway I'm off to the uk for a couple of days
so I'll sign off now.

--
madiba