PDA

View Full Version : Re: So, diabetes only strikes fat people eh? NOT

Jim Ledford
September 14th 03, 06:36 PM
Jenny wrote:

> I became a type II diabetic long before I had a weight problem, developed
> the weight problem as a result of blood sugar swing-induced hunger,

I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.

> lost the weight,

losing the extra fat on my body was a very difficult
thing for me to do. chocolate knows my name and keeps
yelling JIM JIM JIM. I told chocolate to shutup.

> stayed diabetic, and am currently at a normal BMI and body fat level
> and still diabetic.

someday I hope a real cure is available.

> The first time I was diagnosed with "prediabetes" on a
> glucose tolerance test I weighted 108 lbs.
>
> Lots of people do become diabetic because of overweight, but some of us have
> genetic problems that cause the syndrome too.
>
> -- Jenny

you have a pretty name.

Liz
September 15th 03, 02:13 AM
"Jim Ledford" > wrote in message
> Jenny wrote:
>
> > I became a type II diabetic long before I had a weight problem,
developed
> > the weight problem as a result of blood sugar swing-induced hunger,
>
> I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
> sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.

Most definitely.
Liz

Jim Ledford
September 15th 03, 01:25 PM
Liz wrote:

> Jim Ledford wrote:
> > Jenny wrote:
> >
> > > I became a type II diabetic long before I had a weight problem, developed
> > > the weight problem as a result of blood sugar swing-induced hunger,
> >
> > I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
> > sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.
>
> Most definitely.
> Liz

diabetes can strike ANYONE. their size is not a
factor. what I'm finding from my research is that
once people go to the insulin needle they begin to
gain weight. seems some have spoken of this
blood sugar swing-induced hunger as being a real
an influencing cause of the weight gain.

I mean damn if having contracted diabetes was not
enough to mess up a life but good, then we have
to add in the disadvantages of being over weight
too.

Dr Chaos
September 15th 03, 09:45 PM
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:25:02 -0400, Jim Ledford > wrote:
> Liz wrote:
>
>> Jim Ledford wrote:

>> > I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
>> > sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.
>>
>> Most definitely.
>> Liz
>
> diabetes can strike ANYONE.

true.

> their size is not a
> factor.

false, for type II.

> what I'm finding from my research is that
> once people go to the insulin needle they begin to
> gain weight.

usually Type II diabetes is initially controlled
without insulin.

> seems some have spoken of this
> blood sugar swing-induced hunger as being a real
> an influencing cause of the weight gain.
>
> I mean damn if having contracted diabetes was not
> enough to mess up a life but good, then we have
> to add in the disadvantages of being over weight
> too.

diabetes is bad, mkay? All the more reason
to prevent weight gain when you have the chance.

prior to 20th century medicine, diabetes was fairly quickly fatal
(choose one of: seizures, renal failure or infectious gangrene) and
such maintenance problems were not relevant.