PDA

View Full Version : lymph nodes`

char
October 1st 03, 05:42 PM
My seven year old was complaining of a sore arm. I had made an
appointment withthe doctors and she also had an infection from a sore
she had. While at the doctors I had her check her arm and she found a
lump under her armpit. Of course I had gotten panicky with the
mention of a lump. The doctor had explained to me that it may just be
because she had an infection and her lymph node is just reacting to
it. Now the lump is not that small about an inch and a half in
diameter. Seems kinda big for me to be a lymph node. They ran some
tests on her including blood work and an xray. Haven't gotten the
results back yet, but I am concerned about it. Has anybody had any
dealings with this and do they have any advice. I would greatly
appreciate it.
thanks

Bill Fischer
October 2nd 03, 12:02 AM
Char,

Your doctor's conclusion sounds reasonable to me.

You should find the node begin to shrink, but sometimes this takes
several days. If it's growing, becomes red and more tender or isn't
going away, you should have it rechecked.

I can't diagnose your child without a proper examination. But over the
years I have see lots of lymph nodes in kids. Lymph nodes typically
resolve in time.

Bill Fischer

char wrote:
> My seven year old was complaining of a sore arm. I had made an
> appointment withthe doctors and she also had an infection from a sore
> she had. While at the doctors I had her check her arm and she found a
> lump under her armpit. Of course I had gotten panicky with the
> mention of a lump. The doctor had explained to me that it may just be
> because she had an infection and her lymph node is just reacting to
> it. Now the lump is not that small about an inch and a half in
> diameter. Seems kinda big for me to be a lymph node. They ran some
> tests on her including blood work and an xray. Haven't gotten the
> results back yet, but I am concerned about it. Has anybody had any
> dealings with this and do they have any advice. I would greatly
> appreciate it.
> thanks

char
October 2nd 03, 01:04 PM
Bill Fischer > wrote in message >...
> Char,
>
> Your doctor's conclusion sounds reasonable to me.
>
> You should find the node begin to shrink, but sometimes this takes
> several days. If it's growing, becomes red and more tender or isn't
> going away, you should have it rechecked.
>
> I can't diagnose your child without a proper examination. But over the
> years I have see lots of lymph nodes in kids. Lymph nodes typically
> resolve in time.
>
> Bill Fischer
>
> char wrote:
> > My seven year old was complaining of a sore arm. I had made an
> > appointment withthe doctors and she also had an infection from a sore
> > she had. While at the doctors I had her check her arm and she found a
> > lump under her armpit. Of course I had gotten panicky with the
> > mention of a lump. The doctor had explained to me that it may just be
> > because she had an infection and her lymph node is just reacting to
> > it. Now the lump is not that small about an inch and a half in
> > diameter. Seems kinda big for me to be a lymph node. They ran some
> > tests on her including blood work and an xray. Haven't gotten the
> > results back yet, but I am concerned about it. Has anybody had any
> > dealings with this and do they have any advice. I would greatly
> > appreciate it.
> > thanks

I appreciate your advice. I am just concerned because I do believe it
has been there for about a month or more. It does not seem to be
shrinking but it is sore she tells me. I will be calling back to her
doctor to have her re-examined. Can they stay for that long or am I
just overreacting?