PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on alternative medicine for 2 year old child with bronchities

Meily
October 3rd 03, 08:12 PM
I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
Pulmicort and Albuteral.
He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
changes.

I appreciate any feed back on this matter.

Meily

Marko Proberto
October 3rd 03, 08:28 PM
Why do you assume that 1) minor falls do not cause fractures, and 2) that
his medications caused his bones to weaken?

"Meily" > wrote in message
om...
> I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> Pulmicort and Albuteral.
> He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
> same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
> changes.
>
> I appreciate any feed back on this matter.
>
> Meily

Kathy Cole
October 5th 03, 12:15 AM
On 3 Oct 2003 12:12:59 -0700, (Meily) wrote:

> I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> Pulmicort and Albuteral.

Bronchitis twice a month isn't bronchitis, it's asthma.

Are the pulmicort and albuterol helping?

> He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> his bones.

What is causing you to think that his current medications are weakening
his bones?

PF Riley
October 5th 03, 04:03 AM
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 19:15:01 -0400, Kathy Cole >
wrote:

>On 3 Oct 2003 12:12:59 -0700, (Meily) wrote:
>
>> I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
>> bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
>> Pulmicort and Albuteral.
>
>Bronchitis twice a month isn't bronchitis, it's asthma.

Exactly. People who use euphamisms such as "bronchitis" or "reactive
airways disease" to avoid the "A" word may be doing a disservice to
the child as it can often lead to inappropriate treatment. The oldest
such child I've seen was 8 years old. She was having a very typical
asthma attack, was in the ER, and mom told me she had been doing this
since her infancy. Her doctor had always prescribed her antibiotics
for "bronchitis" and she had never had an inhaler. Who knows how long
she went with chronic airway inflammation that by that time probably
had caused now irreversible changes in her pulmonary histology that
will guarantee she now won't outgrow the asthma, which changes may
have been prevented by early and prolonged use of inhaled
corticosteroids.

>Are the pulmicort and albuterol helping?
>
>> He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
>> a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
>> his bones.
>
>What is causing you to think that his current medications are weakening
>his bones?

She probably looked up a list of general side effects of
corticosteroids, not realizing that osteoporosis from steroids is
caused by chronic systemic dosing, not by inhaling only a few
micrograms of it. To think a two-year-old could have already developed
clinically significant osteoporosis leading to increased
susceptibility to fractures from using Pulmicort would be like
thinking your roof will cave in if a crow poops on it twice.

PF

Kate
October 8th 03, 08:02 PM
(Meily) wrote in message >...
> I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> Pulmicort and Albuteral.
> He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
> same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
> changes.

can you locate a good Doctor of Osteopathy who uses alternative
approaches? a Traditional Chinese physician who does herbs,
acupuncture and massage? or a naturopath?

have you gotten rid of carpets?

=====
Kate, http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/advantages-of-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (8.5), Sage (6), Benno (2.7) My parents were
wonderful
people, but unfortunately they were unable to give me the private
income I so richly deserved. ~ Poet & Head of the NEA Dana Goiai,
explaining
why he has an MBA

Jeff
October 9th 03, 03:45 AM
"Meily" > wrote in message
om...
> I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> Pulmicort and Albuteral.
> He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> his bones.

We would all like to find a perfectly safe medicine with absoulely no side
effects.

However, because something is natural does not mean it is safe. Cyanide is a
natural compound. It is not safe. And "natural" medicine, whatever that is,
is rarely effective.

> Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
> same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
> changes.

Seeing a pulmonologist or an allergist might help.

Jeff

> I appreciate any feed back on this matter.
>
> Meily

Markositi Probertositi
October 9th 03, 02:34 PM
"Kate" > wrote in message
om...
> (Meily) wrote in message
> > I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> > bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> > Pulmicort and Albuteral.
> > He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> > a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> > his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
> > same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
> > changes.
>
> can you locate a good Doctor of Osteopathy who uses alternative
> approaches? a Traditional Chinese physician who does herbs,
> acupuncture and massage?

Why would anyone want to do that? She wants something that is proven
effective.

> or a naturopath?

You mean a witch doctor? (Naturopath is the PC term for witch doctor).

BTW, just make sure the naturopath does not have a mail order degree. A lot
of them do.

> have you gotten rid of carpets?

Why? Vacuuming and a good air filter removes dust.

Wayne Bryan
October 26th 03, 06:25 AM
ImmunoStart is one of the best immune system supports around and it's
chewable (you can grind it up to give to your 2 year old).

Order it on-line:
http://www.mannapages.com/jdi/PRDImmunoStart.asp?sSubMenu=Products&CountryCodeID=1
--
Wayne Bryan
http://www.mannapages.com/jdi

Meily wrote:
> I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> Pulmicort and Albuteral.
> He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
> same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
> changes.
>
> I appreciate any feed back on this matter.
>
> Meily

Markasurusi Probertasaurusi
October 26th 03, 02:34 PM
Why would someone want to give some chemcial laced substance from MannaDreck
to a child when that product has not been thoroughly tested for safety and
efficacy?

Why do you want to use children a lab rats?

"Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> ImmunoStart is one of the best immune system supports around and it's
> chewable (you can grind it up to give to your 2 year old).
>
> Order it on-line:

http://www.mannapages.com/jdi/PRDImmunoStart.asp?sSubMenu=Products&CountryCodeID=1
> --
> Wayne Bryan
> http://www.mannapages.com/jdi
>
> Meily wrote:
> > I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
> > bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
> > Pulmicort and Albuteral.
> > He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
> > a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
> > his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
> > same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
> > changes.
> >
> > I appreciate any feed back on this matter.
> >
> > Meily

Wayne Bryan
October 26th 03, 04:16 PM
It's not chemical. It's food based.

--
Wayne Bryan

Markasurusi Probertasaurusi wrote:
> Why would someone want to give some chemcial laced substance from MannaDreck
> to a child when that product has not been thoroughly tested for safety and
> efficacy?
>
> Why do you want to use children a lab rats?
>

> "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
>
>>ImmunoStart is one of the best immune system supports around and it's
>>chewable (you can grind it up to give to your 2 year old).
>>
>>Order it on-line:
>>

> http://www.mannapages.com/jdi/PRDImmunoStart.asp?sSubMenu=Products&CountryCodeID=1
>
>>--
>>Wayne Bryan
>>http://www.mannapages.com/jdi
>>
>>Meily wrote:
>>
>>>I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
>>>bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
>>>Pulmicort and Albuteral.
>>>He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
>>>a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
>>>his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
>>>same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
>>>changes.
>>>
>>>I appreciate any feed back on this matter.
>>>
>>>Meily

Jeff
October 26th 03, 06:10 PM
"Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> It's not chemical. It's food based.

Get a clue. Food is a bunch of chemicals.

So, why would you want to give kids an untested bunch of chemicals?

And why would you want to boost an overactive immune system (which is what
you have with asthma)?

Jeff

HCN
October 26th 03, 06:52 PM
"Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> It's not chemical. It's food based.

And it is better than real food because...????

It is better than real medical treatment for bronchitis because....???

Are you sure you are not a spammer in a MLM scheme for it:
http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/mannatech.htm

Wayne Bryan
October 27th 03, 01:37 AM
Boy, you really have no idea do you. Food is a complex of substances
that can be metabolized by the body. The body cannot metabolize a
random bunch of chemicals but it can metabolize food (that's why the
body has a hard time metabolizing vitamins which are simply a bunch of
chemicals -- ImmunoStart is food, not just a bunch of chemicals).

And who said anything about boosting the immune system. I said
"supporting" the immune system -- as in supporting the proper
functioning of the immune system. If an overactive immune system is
boosted (like with echinacea), that is not supporting the proper
functioning of the immune system. ImmunoStart does not boost the immune
system, it supports the proper functioning of the immune system.

It's a big internet world out there. Do some research. And if you're
going to quote me (or anyone else), get it right!

--
Wayne Bryan

Jeff wrote:
> "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
>
>>It's not chemical. It's food based.
>>

> Get a clue. Food is a bunch of chemicals.
>
> So, why would you want to give kids an untested bunch of chemicals?
>
> And why would you want to boost an overactive immune system (which is what
> you have with asthma)?
>
> Jeff

Wayne Bryan
October 27th 03, 01:50 AM
What are you talking about. Did I say it was better than other foods?
product for additional immune support. That certainly doesn't mean stop
eating!

And I always recommend that anyone dealing with a serious medical issue
should get advice from their physician. But that doesn't mean they
should stop their own investigation into ways to support their own
health and healing -- don't you agree?

And finally, I find it interesting that the only negative thing you
pointed out about the company was a web site with facts that are from
over four years ago and are incomplete.

Anyway, I've said my bit. You've said your bit. Let's let the readers
make up their own minds. Respond to this thread if you want, but I'm
moving on.

--
Wayne Bryan

HCN wrote:
> "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
>
>>It's not chemical. It's food based.

> And it is better than real food because...????
>
> It is better than real medical treatment for bronchitis because....???
>
> Are you sure you are not a spammer in a MLM scheme for it:
> http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/mannatech.htm

Jeff
October 27th 03, 01:58 AM
"Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> Boy, you really have no idea do you. Food is a complex of substances
> that can be metabolized by the body. The body cannot metabolize a
> random bunch of chemicals but it can metabolize food (that's why the
> body has a hard time metabolizing vitamins which are simply a bunch of
> chemicals -- ImmunoStart is food, not just a bunch of chemicals).

Really? Can you provide evidence that the vitamins is ImmunoStart are
metabolized any differently that the vitamins in, say, Target multivitamin?

Food is just a bunch of chemicals. The digestive tract breaks food down into
a bunch of bulding blocks (mostly water, sugars, amino acids, fatty acids,
with some vitmains and minerals and other molecules). What it doesn't
absorb, it eliminates (poops out).

> And who said anything about boosting the immune system. I said
> "supporting" the immune system -- as in supporting the proper
> functioning of the immune system.

Can you provide evidence that this "supports" the immune system?

Can you tell me what makes up the immune system?

>If an overactive immune system is
> boosted (like with echinacea), that is not supporting the proper
> functioning of the immune system. ImmunoStart does not boost the immune
> system, it supports the proper functioning of the immune system.

Peer-reviewed evidence, please.

> It's a big internet world out there. Do some research. And if you're
> going to quote me (or anyone else), get it right!

Actually, you are the one making the claims. It is up to you to support
them.

Jeff

> -
> Wayne Bryan
>
> Jeff wrote:
> > "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> >
> >>It's not chemical. It's food based.
> >>

> > Get a clue. Food is a bunch of chemicals.
> >
> > So, why would you want to give kids an untested bunch of chemicals?
> >
> > And why would you want to boost an overactive immune system (which is
what
> > you have with asthma)?
> >
> > Jeff

Jeff
October 27th 03, 12:18 PM
"Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> What are you talking about. Did I say it was better than other foods?
> product for additional immune support. That certainly doesn't mean stop
> eating!

In other words, you are a clueless twit.

> And I always recommend that anyone dealing with a serious medical issue
> should get advice from their physician.

In other words, not you.

> But that doesn't mean they
> should stop their own investigation into ways to support their own
> health and healing -- don't you agree?

I totally agree. Yet you are totally unable to tell us what "support the
immune" system really does.

> And finally, I find it interesting that the only negative thing you
> pointed out about the company was a web site with facts that are from
> over four years ago and are incomplete.

Good. Give a product with incomplete facts to a kid who sick. What a stupid
idea.

> Anyway, I've said my bit. You've said your bit. Let's let the readers
> make up their own minds. Respond to this thread if you want, but I'm
> moving on.

Please don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Jeff

> --
> Wayne Bryan
>
> HCN wrote:
> > "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> >
> >>It's not chemical. It's food based.

> > And it is better than real food because...????
> >
> > It is better than real medical treatment for bronchitis because....???
> >
> > Are you sure you are not a spammer in a MLM scheme for it:
> > http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/mannatech.htm

Markasurusi Probertasaurusi
October 27th 03, 02:26 PM
Oh? You mean there are NO chemicals in the products from MannaDreck? (Dreck
is a Yiddish word meaning "crap".)

Here is what the FDA said about your conglomeration of chemicals:

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/01/Jan01/010501/let0437.pdf

> And who said anything about boosting the immune system. I said
> "supporting" the immune system -- as in supporting the proper
> functioning of the immune system. If an overactive immune system is
> boosted (like with echinacea), that is not supporting the proper
> functioning of the immune system. ImmunoStart does not boost the immune
> system, it supports the proper functioning of the immune system.

When cornered, the spammer resorts to a symantical argument.

> It's a big internet world out there. Do some research. And if you're
> going to quote me (or anyone else), get it right!

It would be far easier if you got a clue.

"HCN" > wrote in message

> "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> > It's not chemical. It's food based.

> And it is better than real food because...????
>
> It is better than real medical treatment for bronchitis because....???
>
> Are you sure you are not a spammer in a MLM scheme for it:
> http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/mannatech.htm

H, MannaDreck is one of the well known MLM companies which has practiced
deception for many years.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/01/Jan01/010501/let0437.pdf

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/01/Jun01/061101/let0454.pdf

MannaDreck was oneof the MLM companies whose sales reps, a/k/a spammers,
bombarded the FDA with demands that the FDA allow their company to make
whatever claims they wanted. IOW, they supported the deception.

Markasurusi Probertasaurusi
October 27th 03, 02:28 PM
"Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message

> Anyway, I've said my bit. You've said your bit. Let's let the readers
> make up their own minds. Respond to this thread if you want, but I'm
> moving on.

Translation:

Sales will be lousy around these parts. Time to find more suckers.

"Jeff" > wrote in message

> "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
> > What are you talking about. Did I say it was better than other foods?
> > product for additional immune support. That certainly doesn't mean stop
> > eating!
>
> In other words, you are a clueless twit.
>
> > And I always recommend that anyone dealing with a serious medical issue
> > should get advice from their physician.
>
> In other words, not you.
>
> > But that doesn't mean they
> > should stop their own investigation into ways to support their own
> > health and healing -- don't you agree?
>
> I totally agree. Yet you are totally unable to tell us what "support the
> immune" system really does.
>
> > And finally, I find it interesting that the only negative thing you
> > pointed out about the company was a web site with facts that are from
> > over four years ago and are incomplete.
>
> Good. Give a product with incomplete facts to a kid who sick. What a
stupid
> idea.
>
> > Anyway, I've said my bit. You've said your bit. Let's let the readers
> > make up their own minds. Respond to this thread if you want, but I'm
> > moving on.
>
> Please don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Why not? Perhaps some sense will be knocked into the anatomical portion used
by spammers in lieu of their brain.

Jeff
October 28th 03, 03:07 AM
"Markasurusi Probertasaurusi" > wrote in
message t...

> "Wayne Bryan" > wrote in message
>
> > Anyway, I've said my bit. You've said your bit. Let's let the readers
> > make up their own minds. Respond to this thread if you want, but I'm
> > moving on.
>
> Translation:
>
> Sales will be lousy around these parts. Time to find more suckers.

I think you left this out of the translation:

People here are on to my scam, so I better leave.