PDA

View Full Version : Ques. - breaking thumb/finger sucking habit

mcp
October 6th 03, 11:54 PM
I am having trouble getting my 15 month old child to stop sucking
on the first two fingers of her left hand. Any suggestions on how
to get her to stop? Her skin (on those two fingers) is raw and
blistering from her teeth!

James and Karen Stewart
October 10th 03, 01:51 PM
My friend's baby sucks on her thumb to sooth herself and get to
sleep.....she is only 10 months..but she says that her older son did this as
a baby also and that they taped his thumb so he couldn't do it anymore......
I sit for her but told her not to do that when she comes here.... I don't
feel it is safe and wouldn;t want to see her choke on the tape if it gets
wet and comes off. She says this worked to break her son of the habit.

Karen

om...