PDA

View Full Version : Re: Truly dangerous and hyped up FluMist

Maryilee
October 17th 03, 02:54 AM
>$100,000,000.00 to develop and one FREE posting bitching about it.
>Which opinion do you think is backed up be science?

Umm...I work in a hospital and we were told that if we received the FluMist, we
were not allowed to work for three weeks.
Maryilee

Maggie's Christmas page
http://www.angelfire.com/vi/maggie/christmaspictures.html
Info on hereditary spherocytosis
http://www.angelfire.com/vi/maggie/spherocytosis.html

Markositious Probertositious
October 17th 03, 03:39 PM
"Maryilee" > wrote in message
> >$100,000,000.00 to develop and one FREE posting bitching about it.
> >Which opinion do you think is backed up be science?
>
> Umm...I work in a hospital and we were told that if we received the
FluMist, we
> were not allowed to work for three weeks.
> Maryilee

However, that does not make it as dangerousas the OP would like to scare
people into believing.

John 'the Man'
October 19th 03, 03:25 PM
Once upon a time, our fellow D. C. Sessions
rambled on about "Re: Truly dangerous and hyped up FluMist."
Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nursing retorts, thusly ...

>Personally, I think he's flipping out because the
>nasal aerosol administration takes away his ability
>to scare people about needles.

I don't like needles either, but with practice comes tolerance. I can
now be stuck 3 or 4 times a day, but I still don't like it.

Just thought that you might want to know. :)

John 'the Man'
October 19th 03, 03:31 PM
Once upon a time, our fellow D. C. Sessions
rambled on about "Re: Truly dangerous and hyped up FluMist."
Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nursing retorts, thusly ...

>According to him, viruses don't cause disease

They don't!

Viruses are disease agents. There is a difference you know!

Being exposed to a disease agent like viruses, doesn't automatically
mean that a person will comes down with a disease. That happens only
if the body's immune system can not handle viruses quick enough.

The same thing happens with cancer. Cancer forms in your body
throughout your entire life. You only come down with the disease
called cancer when you your immune system stops working properly.

Your lack of basic biological science understanding is absolutely
shocking!
--
John Gohde,
Achieving good Nutrition is an Art, NOT a Science!

Get started on improving your personal health and fitness, today.
http://www.Tutorials.NaturalHealthPerspective.com/
Offering easy to understand lessons that will change your life.

John 'the Man'
October 19th 03, 03:37 PM
Once upon a time, our fellow D. C. Sessions
rambled on about "Re: Truly dangerous and hyped up FluMist."
Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nursing retorts, thusly ...

>his greatest complaints about immunization injections
>is that they "bypass the body's natural defenses."

What I find interesting about the one shot pneumonia vaccine that
everyone is supposed to take at age 65 is that it is effective against
pneumonia caused by bacteria disease agents, but not against pneumonia
caused by viral disease agents.

So, can you geeks be more precise in the future ... please!!!!

Markasurus Probertasaurus
October 19th 03, 10:51 PM
"D. C. Sessions" > wrote in message
> In >, john wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Donna Carrillo and Dr. Tenpenny for providing the links to the
> > FluMist Package insert and the FDA Q&A on FluMist so you can see for
> > yourself how truly dangerous this hyped up new "nasal vaccine" is.
>
> I find Scudamore's obsession with FluMist fascinating.
> According to him, viruses don't cause disease, and one
> of his greatest complaints about immunization injections
> is that they "bypass the body's natural defenses."
>
> So here we have FluMist, which is an aerosol (droplet)
> administration of a less-virulent form of the same
> viruses which circulate naturally by -- drumroll --
> aerosol droplets. If, as he often tells us, viruses
> don't cause disease then FluMist is at worst a waste
> of money. If FluMist is, as he tells us, dangerous
> (esp. because it causes a mild case of the disease
> which can be passed to others) then he's been wrong
> all these years about viruses.
>
> Choose.
>
> Personally, I think he's flipping out because the
> nasal aerosol administration takes away his ability
> to scare people about needles.

Sounds homeopathic to me

Jeff
October 20th 03, 12:22 PM
"John 'the Man'" > wrote in message
> Once upon a time, our fellow D. C. Sessions
> rambled on about "Re: Truly dangerous and hyped up FluMist."
> Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nursing retorts, thusly ...
>
> >his greatest complaints about immunization injections
> >is that they "bypass the body's natural defenses."
>
> What I find interesting about the one shot pneumonia vaccine that
> everyone is supposed to take at age 65 is that it is effective against
> pneumonia caused by bacteria disease agents, but not against pneumonia
> caused by viral disease agents.

Perhaps you had better read up on immunology, John. That's the way the
immune system works. It makes antibodies against very specific molecules
(like the proteins on the cell surface of bacteria). It works that way
because you don't want the immune system attacks to be too general. When
that happens, you get autoimmune diseases, like lupus, type I diabetes and
rheumatoid arthritis.

Likewise, you need to get the flu shot every year. The antigens (the
molecules that the body makes antibodies against) are different for
different types of influenza viruses. That is also why there are different
vaccines for different other disease causing organisms, like chicken pox,
measles, mumps, rubella, smallpox, tetanus, diptheria and pertussis.

> So, can you geeks be more precise in the future ... please!!!!

Actually, the vaccines and the immune response to the vaccines are very
precise.

Jeff