PDA

View Full Version : MMR Scare Tactics

Markasurus Probertasaurus
October 17th 03, 11:09 PM
Wed 15 Oct 2003

http://www.news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2053391

11:21am (UK)
Minister Accuses Media of MMR Scare Tactics

By Chris Moncrieff, PA News

People who have used the MMR vaccine controversy as a political football
should be ashamed of themselves, Health and Social Care Minister Stephen
Ladyman said today.

And he accused the British press as being "absolutely awful at handling
science".

Dr Ladyman, interviewed on the ePolitix.com website, said: "It's only
interested in reporting science when it's either 'shock horror' stories or
the 'breakthrough imminent' type.

"And it is certainly not interested in reporting the detail of scientific
reports."

He said there were very complex arguments involved in MMR and the reasons
why they wanted to vaccinate with MMR.

"Unfortunately it is very difficult to get them over in the media, who would
much rather give pages and pages of room to speculation and
misinterpretations of scientific evidence, rather than to deal with the real
evidence."

Dr Ladyman was asked why he thought there was more of a public scare in this
country than in other countries that use MMR.

He said: "I think in those countries their media is sometimes more
responsible about dealing with scare stories. And I have to say there is a
certain amount of leaping on a political bandwagon when it came to MMR. It
was seen by certain people with a right-wing agenda in this country as an
opportunity to attack the Prime Minister and the Labour Government.

"It is disgraceful the way they leapt on to the bandwagon and tried to
exploit it, and certain parts of the media wanted to help them do that.

"The consequences are that the people who did that will have inflicted
serious damage on many people in our community."

He went on: "People who have used it as a political football should be
ashamed of themselves."

Dr Ladyman was also asked how he responded to criticism that increased
regulation in the care sector was causing the closure of care homes, and
therefore increased bed blocking.

He replied: "I'd say that's the biggest load of cobblers that anybody has
put to me."

john
October 21st 03, 05:35 PM
some of these propaganda merchants really try hard to insult ones
intelligence, but seeing how stupid and uninformed most people
willingly are it must be tempting to see how far you can push it. it
is a bit much to have a go at your own outlets of propaganda

john

"The evidence that vaccines are a major cause of the increase comes
from a number of directions. One direction that's been largely ignored
are the laboratory studies. There are at least seven laboratory
studies, clinical studies, of blood, cerebral, spinal fluid, biopsies
of autistic children which show huge differences between autistic
children and normal children in terms of the presence of things like
measles vaccine virus in their intestinal tract, for example, or their
neurons. So, there's one line of evidence. Another, of course, is
that we have data from thousands of parents who testify, often with
videotapes and photographs and eyewitness reports, that their kid was
perfectly normal. And they can demonstrate it, as I say, very
conclusively with tapes until after the vaccine. The kid retreated
into autism. There's just converging evidence from many, many
directions."-- (Nov 2002) Bernard Rimland PhD

"Markasurus Probertasaurus" > wrote in message >...
> Wed 15 Oct 2003
>
> http://www.news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2053391
>
> 11:21am (UK)
> Minister Accuses Media of MMR Scare Tactics
>
> By Chris Moncrieff, PA News
>

> People who have used the MMR vaccine controversy as a political football
> should be ashamed of themselves, Health and Social Care Minister Stephen
> Ladyman said today.
>
> And he accused the British press as being "absolutely awful at handling
> science".
>
> Dr Ladyman, interviewed on the ePolitix.com website, said: "It's only
> interested in reporting science when it's either 'shock horror' stories or
> the 'breakthrough imminent' type.
>
> "And it is certainly not interested in reporting the detail of scientific
> reports."
>
> He said there were very complex arguments involved in MMR and the reasons
> why they wanted to vaccinate with MMR.
>
> "Unfortunately it is very difficult to get them over in the media, who would
> much rather give pages and pages of room to speculation and
> misinterpretations of scientific evidence, rather than to deal with the real
> evidence."
>
> Dr Ladyman was asked why he thought there was more of a public scare in this
> country than in other countries that use MMR.
>
> He said: "I think in those countries their media is sometimes more
> responsible about dealing with scare stories. And I have to say there is a
> certain amount of leaping on a political bandwagon when it came to MMR. It
> was seen by certain people with a right-wing agenda in this country as an
> opportunity to attack the Prime Minister and the Labour Government.
>
> "It is disgraceful the way they leapt on to the bandwagon and tried to
> exploit it, and certain parts of the media wanted to help them do that.
>
> "The consequences are that the people who did that will have inflicted
> serious damage on many people in our community."
>
> He went on: "People who have used it as a political football should be
> ashamed of themselves."
>
> Dr Ladyman was also asked how he responded to criticism that increased
> regulation in the care sector was causing the closure of care homes, and
> therefore increased bed blocking.
>
> He replied: "I'd say that's the biggest load of cobblers that anybody has
> put to me."

Jeff
October 23rd 03, 03:30 AM
"john" > wrote in message
om...
> some of these propaganda merchants really try hard to insult ones
> intelligence, but seeing how stupid and uninformed most people
> willingly are it must be tempting to see how far you can push it. it
> is a bit much to have a go at your own outlets of propaganda

Yeah, I know what you mean. There is one stupid guy who has this web site
called whale to. He puts the most stupid stuff on it. Sadly, there are
people who believe his crap.

> john
>
> "The evidence that vaccines are a major cause of the increase comes
> from a number of directions. One direction that's been largely ignored
> are the laboratory studies. There are at least seven laboratory
> studies, clinical studies, of blood, cerebral, spinal fluid, biopsies
> of autistic children which show huge differences between autistic
> children and normal children in terms of the presence of things like
> measles vaccine virus in their intestinal tract, for example, or their
> neurons. So, there's one line of evidence. Another, of course, is
> that we have data from thousands of parents who testify, often with
> videotapes and photographs and eyewitness reports, that their kid was
> perfectly normal. And they can demonstrate it, as I say, very
> conclusively with tapes until after the vaccine. The kid retreated
> into autism. There's just converging evidence from many, many
> directions."-- (Nov 2002) Bernard Rimland PhD

Rimland is another example. Funny thing is that when experts examine the
video tapes Rimland talks about (of supposedly normal behavior), they are
able to see some signs that the kids are not normal. They don't seen these
signs in kids who don't develop autism nearly as often. And they look at the
videos without knowing if the kids turn out normal or not. Rimland should
also know that epidemiological studies show that there is no increase in
autism in kids who got the vaccine compared to those who didn't. And some
studies even find lower rates of autism amoungst kids who got the vaccine.
And Rimland should also know that the CSF does not have many brain cells
(neurons) in it and that the digestive tract is not part of the brain.

I feel sorry for the people who listen to people like Rimland and who waste
their efforts on the beleif that autism is caused by vaccines when studies
have repeatedly shown this is very unlikely, at best. Instead, I wish they
would work on things that do make a difference, like finding the real causes
of autism and getting proper help for the people affected by autism.

Jeff

> "Markasurus Probertasaurus" > wrote in
message >...
> > Wed 15 Oct 2003
> >
> > http://www.news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2053391
> >
> > 11:21am (UK)
> > Minister Accuses Media of MMR Scare Tactics
> >
> > By Chris Moncrieff, PA News
> >

> > People who have used the MMR vaccine controversy as a political football
> > should be ashamed of themselves, Health and Social Care Minister Stephen
> > Ladyman said today.
> >
> > And he accused the British press as being "absolutely awful at handling
> > science".
> >
> > Dr Ladyman, interviewed on the ePolitix.com website, said: "It's only
> > interested in reporting science when it's either 'shock horror' stories
or
> > the 'breakthrough imminent' type.
> >
> > "And it is certainly not interested in reporting the detail of
scientific
> > reports."
> >
> > He said there were very complex arguments involved in MMR and the
reasons
> > why they wanted to vaccinate with MMR.
> >
> > "Unfortunately it is very difficult to get them over in the media, who
would
> > much rather give pages and pages of room to speculation and
> > misinterpretations of scientific evidence, rather than to deal with the
real
> > evidence."
> >
> > Dr Ladyman was asked why he thought there was more of a public scare in
this
> > country than in other countries that use MMR.
> >
> > He said: "I think in those countries their media is sometimes more
> > responsible about dealing with scare stories. And I have to say there is
> > certain amount of leaping on a political bandwagon when it came to MMR.
It
> > was seen by certain people with a right-wing agenda in this country as
an
> > opportunity to attack the Prime Minister and the Labour Government.
> >
> > "It is disgraceful the way they leapt on to the bandwagon and tried to
> > exploit it, and certain parts of the media wanted to help them do that.
> >
> > "The consequences are that the people who did that will have inflicted
> > serious damage on many people in our community."
> >
> > He went on: "People who have used it as a political football should be
> > ashamed of themselves."
> >
> > Dr Ladyman was also asked how he responded to criticism that increased
> > regulation in the care sector was causing the closure of care homes, and
> > therefore increased bed blocking.
> >
> > He replied: "I'd say that's the biggest load of cobblers that anybody
has
> > put to me."

Rich Andrews
October 23rd 03, 06:36 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in news:bn7ecj
:

Jeff,

I normally don't top post, but I feel that this warrants it.

Here are some headlines about vaccines.

"New Evidence Breast Cancer Vaccine Works
Micki Flowers KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Health Reporter

POSTED: 4:21 p.m. PDT October 22, 2003
UPDATED: 4:22 p.m. PDT October 22, 2003
There's mounting evidence that an experimental vaccine may be an effective
weapon against breast cancer.

MORE ON THIS STORY
More Breast Cancer Information from the American Cancer Society
News Release On The Study
Clinical Trials At The Hutch

Researchers hope someday to prevent breast cancer in healthy women."

Full article at http://www.kirotv.com/health/2574587/detail.html.

"Breast cancer vaccine shows promise
Experimental treatment may prevent recurrence of disease

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Oct. 22 — After five major surgeries for a particularly aggressive form of
breast cancer, Patricia Thomas called the little pinprick she received in
a government study the simplest procedure she’s undergone. That pinprick
above her knee was an experimental vaccine derived from tiny bits of tumor
protein that researchers hope will keep the 70-year-old Arlington, Va.,
woman’s cancer from returning."

Full article at http://www.msnbc.com/news/983616.asp?0cv=HA00

Researchers hail skin cancer 'vaccine'
(Filed: 01/10/2003)

One of the world's first cancer "vaccines" is to be tested on people for
the first time.

The treatment is being hailed as the "closest thing yet" to a cure for
skin cancer.

Full article at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?
view=DETAILS&grid=P8&targetRule=10&xml=%2Fhealth%2F2003%2F10%2F08%
2Fhcanc01.xml

For more articles do a google news search using the words "cancer
vaccine".

I can't wait for the anti-vac wackos to start their lies.

> [...]
> an
>> > opportunity to attack the Prime Minister and the Labour Government.
>> >
>> > "It is disgraceful the way they leapt on to the bandwagon and tried
>> > exploit it, and certain parts of the media wanted to help them do
that.

>> > "The consequences are that the people who did that will have
inflicted
>> > serious damage on many people in our community."
>> >
>> > He went on: "People who have used it as a political football should
be
>> > ashamed of themselves."
>> >
>> > Dr Ladyman was also asked how he responded to criticism that
increased
>> > regulation in the care sector was causing the closure of care homes,
and
>> > therefore increased bed blocking.
>> >
>> > He replied: "I'd say that's the biggest load of cobblers that anybody

Wendy
October 23rd 03, 10:08 PM
I just read an article in a recent Economist magazine that mentioned
off-handedly that 26% of the HIV positive children had HIV negative
mothers. The article was about how poor the health care system is in
Africa and how important it is to bring your OWN needles if you are
travelling there.

MMR definitely kills if you use an infected needle to give the dose.

Wendy, still stunned